How to stop this terrible 10 minute patch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just watched the last 10 minutes again, there are no issues with the team. It was down to the laziness and stupidity of two players…

DCE gifting the ball to Brandon Smith.
Schuster lazy from the scrum and big Nelson strolls over.
Schuster offside kick off.
Schuster and DCE both lazy in defence let Papenhuyzen stroll over.
DCE kick off penalty.

**** we’re in a world of hurt if these two are our halves combination next year.

Look I have always stuck up for DCE and that 40/20 last night really was a big play along with some other great efforts including the flat cutout pass for Koula's 2nd try, but to kick through after the siren with Manly leading by 6 points - WTF - just Kill the game, already had gotten far closer than needed, why open another door ??
That blew my mind too. Could not believe that an experienced NRL player like him could be that stupid. Absolutely clueless play, especially with a broken field runner like Papy lurking back there. Just take the tackle and book the win. Just proves to me he doesn't have the composure to ever be a great leader.

That blew my mind too. Could not believe that an experienced NRL player like him could be that stupid. Absolutely clueless play, especially with a broken field runner like Papy lurking back there. Just take the tackle and book the win. Just proves to me he doesn't have the composure to ever be a great leader.
Funny thing C and C, I was thinking of DCE today and what he brings and what go's wrong....
Regardless of mixed opinion I reckon he is a great footy player, but lacks "exactly " the word you used - Composure.

Put match sticks in his eyelids and make him watch Cleary's last 10 min tonight on rolling repeat.
The Panthers are so clinical. On the very last play the Penrith player made a voluntary tackle and hugged the ball like his life depended on it. And they were up by 8 points. Meanwhile DCE kicks it ahead to go for a try after leaking more than 20 points in 5 minutes and only up by 6. What a fukwit... We will never win another title with him.

It's a mind set issue at Manly. In his post game interview he said something along the lines of hoping our attractive attacking footy would see us make finals.

He's listened to much to how people wanted to watch Manly play in 21 when Tommy was on fire. He's dead set trying to emulate Turbo with all out attack at all costs. And as a long time Manly Fan I don't even want to watch em play in 22.

If our 7 was more balanced with attack, and composed setting up, game management this team would not have to hope to make the 8.

The kick after the siren is the proof he has lost the plot in 22. For what purpose that kick. To score a try. But att what risk? Loosing the entire ****ing game.

He's not focused on winning the game and how he can best achieve that. His only concern is pretty attacking play and trying to be Tommy from 22.

He might be a great footyplayer. Bit his crazy ego is killing us.

The team cannot be led by someone who perpetuates this behaviour with impetuous and stupid decision-making otherwise it will keep happening

Experience has not brought DCE wisdom here

Last edited:
So if you look at it closely we are basically 12 min in 3 games away from being the form team of the competition. Last 2 min v Parra. 5 min period vs Cows and 5 min vs Storm. Conceded 40 points in those 12 min and lost 2 of 3. Without that lapse we would be sitting in 6th on 20pts and a +42 f/a. We aren't far off. We have turned ourselves around and we now need to stop the 10min lapses and early game errors. Fix those and we are actually playing top 4 football.
Mick, have you been hacked?

Sipley has been pretty bloody good this year....especially the last month or so. He & Aloiai as our starting props are great & absolutely give us go forward we've been missing. Paseka is a must off the bench, however it's a coin toss between Marty & Keppie as to which one partners him at this stage. Walker is obvious just not sure about Schuster coming off the bench. He needs to start as I feel the longer he stays as reserve & doesn't get game time the less effective he'll become & will lose confidence. A bench of Walker, Paseka, Keppie, Davey for mine is awesome. Start with Aloiai, Sipley, Olakau'atu, Schuster & Jake.......that pack & bench can match it with anyone! Marty & Bullemore can replace Keppie & Davey at a pinch. If our forwards can give us a good start we win most games against ALL teams. Our backs depth Trbo, Koula, Saab, Garrick, Tuipulotu, Harper, Parker, Weekes, DCE, Foran......At full strength & mentally tougher we are as good as the any team above us on the ladder.

Just watched the last 10 minutes again, there are no issues with the team. It was down to the laziness and stupidity of two players…

DCE gifting the ball to Brandon Smith.
Schuster lazy from the scrum and big Nelson strolls over.
Schuster offside kick off.
Schuster and DCE both lazy in defence let Papenhuyzen stroll over.
DCE kick off penalty.

**** we’re in a world of hurt if these two are our halves combination next year.
Bit harsh on Schuster's offside from kick off mate. Have a look at every game & every kick off you'll see players in front of the kicker! First time i've seen anyone pinged for it this year.

Bit harsh on Schuster's offside from kick off mate. Have a look at every game & every kick off you'll see players in front of the kicker! First time i've seen anyone pinged for it this year.
Agree that the offside kickoff was a grab that you will find 2 out of 3 kickoffs "If you really want to"
But in general Schu was lazy and it was more his defensive energy that illustrated this.....it's like he is looking for the big play to show his star qualities, rather then earn it through doing the tough stuff.
Does his bench role help his form - not atm, but a Superstar he will become, just needs to get into the grind first rather than always trying to do the pretty stuff.

They need to learn to focus on the game for the full 80 minutes.....and read this book to learn about the Art of Manlyness.

Strengthen-Attention-2-2788582846.jpg

I believe The Shoe had been sick leading up to this match, but what is the point of putting him on with 18 minutes remaining and we are up by 24 points? He is an attacking weapon. He is there to score points rather than prevent them.
So, imo, The Shoe must start. When you want to close out the match then replace him with Davey or DeLuxe.
The Shoe has the potential to be a superstar, but playing him off the bench is not working. You don't play Turbo off the bench do you?
It’s been said elsewhere, Jake into the front row possibly playing 80 and Schu to 13 perhaps using him rotationally with Walker.

It’s been said elsewhere, Jake into the front row possibly playing 80 and Schu to 13 perhaps using him rotationally with Walker.

Shu is so far from a 13.

I don't see too many successful sides with lazy locks, who don't like tackling.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6