How the Rorters (defied the odds) cheated: Video

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From what I recall, Cronk rarely got involved in the play in the GF last year & spent most of the game directing play from the back.

Still a big effort but as mentioned by @niccipops he would have been needled up to the point of numbness.

I’m probably lining myself up for an epic flogging, but I thought it was an incredibly courageous performance by Cronk to front up. Sure he was needled up to buggery, but that to me is the essence of sport. Overcoming impossible odds like Sattler playing with a broken jaw, Eadie playing with one eye closed in the grand final replay against Cronulla and single handedly destroying them, and most of the ‘78 squad would have been needled up and playing through the pain barrier, getting by on sheer guts and Adrenalin.

Last edited:
Run now while she's a gf, or you'll end up like me, married to a 'riff fan ffs. Keep it in the flock!
Hey look, put a nice blonde sea Eagles fan in front of me and I'm happy to keep it in the flock

From what I recall, Cronk rarely got involved in the play in the GF last year & spent most of the game directing play from the back.

Still a big effort but as mentioned by @niccipops he would have been needled up to the point of numbness.
Didn't do much but direct and lead troops around all year, intelligent players tend to win more often than not.

Take a few intelligent players out of the Qld Origin team and all you get is a bunch of over-rated players reliant on passion for the jumper.

Run now while she's a gf, or you'll end up like me, married to a 'riff fan ffs. Keep it in the flock!
Actually my reply sounded horrible. I'm open to meeting sea Eagles fans it's just I've not met any yet. Not sure a 37 year old sea Eagles fan is too of list for the next bachelor either

First legitimate troll of the new season.

Try as they might, with 'manly' type usernames... it never takes too long for the true colours to shine on through. As I'm not watching that tripe, I wonder if they also interviewed Shame Hayne, roosters #1 fanboy.

Defied the odds my butt. More like defied the rules.

edit: @Dan you're such a playah!!!!!

Didn't do much but direct and lead troops around all year, intelligent players tend to win more often than not.

Take a few intelligent players out of the Qld Origin team and all you get is a bunch of over-rated players reliant on passion for the jumper.
Technically speaking, you are correct!

So that might be the last 10 years. How do you explain that they were just as good as NSW for the first 30. With under-rated, not rated at all, picked from reserve grade, not even heard of before players.

All those great Qld intellectuals.. Langer Backo and Hodges. They roll off the tongue just like Plato and Pythagorus

• 🏆
Reactions: Sue
Don't worry about the video on the NRL's site.....just go watch any interview with Vince McMahon. It'll be the same thing but more entertaining lol
See the one were he pulls both quads while hes raging and tries to enter the ring lmfao i cried the 1st time i watched it

"We signed 2 of the best players in the NRL and slotted them in to a squad that would have attracted a massive salary cap investigation if at any other Sydney club, and even against those steepest of odds we managed to win the premiership."
As mcnulty in the wire says... SPOT ON!

Really.!!! Posting this has just aggravated my start to weekend. Thankfully it's early and not after a few brews or there'd be a barrage of @#$%. They cheat. It's that simple.

I’m probably lining myself up for an epic flogging, but I thought it was an incredibly courageous performance by Cronk to front up. Sure he was needled up to buggery, but that to me is the essence of sport. Overcoming impossible odds like Sattler playing with a broken jaw, Eadie playing with one eye closed in the grand final replay against Cronulla and single handedly destroying them, and most of the ‘78 squad would have needles up and playing through the pain barrier, getting by on sheer guts and Adrenalin.

.. and don't forget the decision of the coach to play him ... big cojones ...

Cronk effort is gutsy, but exactly what any team would expect from their marquee halfback after having 78 needles to dull any pain.
Does not change the fact the side has a ridiculous salary cap....I mean they have 1 of Englands highest rated players sitting in reserve grade in 2019....if Hall was at Manly, he would be claimed as some Massive expensive signing with questions on he we afforded him....throw in Angus Creighton and ppl would be spitting dummies.
At the Roosters, fans have come to simply expect nothing less.
The old chestnut comeback of Manly used to buy all the best players, is the worst argument I have ever heard, though is true....there was NO Salary cap in those days you...ummm slight difference?

Try as they might, with 'manly' type usernames... it never takes too long for the true colours to shine on through. As I'm not watching that tripe, I wonder if they also interviewed Shame Hayne, roosters #1 fanboy.

Defied the odds my butt. More like defied the rules.

edit: @Dan you're such a playah!!!!!
Actually the username seems somewhat familiar...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2