How Much Longer Will Des Last?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

When Will Hasler Leave For The Second Time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Des got his contract extended which assures him two more years. That was his priority,
All achieved. He's grinning.

How Much Longer Will Des Last?

How much more of these humiliating record breaking losses can we take ?​

How Much Longer Will Des Last?​

How much more of these humiliating record breaking losses can we take ?​

You are blaming Des just as you blamed the last coach .
Why always blame the coach ?

I would suggest a few of u should go and watch our NSW cup side and I think u will b more sympathetic to Des and his selections
Easy to bag him for picking Walker at FB , Suli/ Parker but who replaces them...
All those mentioned Funa Harper, Ben T etc etc were playing today against Penrith and no one stood out. Harper not far off but at this time imo no better then those Des is selecting.
Only player who looked like a first grader was Zac Sadler who ripped in .
So yes we have sub par players in our first team but from what I saw today I can see no better replacements which is a real bummer. Maybe we should get behind Des instead of suggesting a sacking....as with players we have to select from at this time , no coach would make a difference imo

I would suggest a few of u should go and watch our NSW cup side and I think u will b more sympathetic to Des and his selections
Easy to bag him for picking Walker at FB , Suli/ Parker but who replaces them...
All those mentioned Funa Harper, Ben T etc etc were playing today against Penrith and no one stood out. Harper not far off but at this time imo no better then those Des is selecting.
So yes we have sub par players in our first team but from what I saw today I can see no better replacements which is a real bummer. Maybe we should get behind Des instead of suggesting a sacking....as with players we have to select from at this time , no coach would make a difference imo
Where was Saddler playing ? no Sipley again ? . Was hoping that Burbo would be making some good progress by now , seems to have the right attributes but looks like more improvement needed

Sadler playing in tight , he ran with purpose and really hit hard ala Rambo Ronnie Gibbs, really stood out.He was legally violent in all he did
Burbo was out wide and the ball didn’t come his way much. He didn’t do a lot , but was playing in a losing team
Harper tried hard , very vocal, but still a season off.

Sadler playing in tight , he ran with purpose and really hit hard ala Rambo Ronnie Gibbs, really stood out.He was legally violent in all he did
Burbo was out wide and the ball didn’t come his way much. He didn’t do a lot , but was playing in a losing team
Harper tried hard , very vocal, but still a season off.
Gee , i hope that they can hang onto Saddler for future seasons . Also with Koula would or should be priorities now .

You are blaming Des just as you blamed the last coach .
Why always blame the coach ?
Because coaches are paid big dollars for being accountable for inspiring their players to play above their weight .

Our players including the eilte players like DCE have been sinking under Des in our last 12 consecutive record thrashings

He picked Harper in a Trial at Fullback against the Tigers and he was one of our better performing players and since then he has not had a look in

Bozo I agree the likes of DCE have slipped BUT I think it’s a reflection of players around him. Using DCE as an example, all teams put pressure on him , knowing that there is no one else in our team that can hurt them. If they rush up at DCE, who can he give the pill to for a clearing kick or who can damage the opposition, absolutely no one...
So they rush up and turn him back inside..if he passes to Suli, Parker, Goseeski, Sirro, Walker from fullback, Nothing.
In years gone by he could give the ball to Stewart, Lyons, Matai, etc and had Foran as an alternative if they pressured him, the opposition had to cover our whole backline so couldn’t afford to concentrate on DCE
We don’t have the cattle and this is affecting Jake DCE etc....hopefully 2022 will start with a first grade team not an A grade side and then we will see our stars back in form...
Harper was very good in a beaten team in the trial..watched him live today in NSW cup and was not first grade level YET

Bozo I agree the likes of DCE have slipped BUT I think it’s a reflection of players around him. Using DCE as an example, all teams put pressure on him , knowing that there is no one else in our team that can hurt them. If they rush up at DCE, who can he give the pill to for a clearing kick or who can damage the opposition, absolutely no one...
So they rush up and turn him back inside..if he passes to Suli, Parker, Goseeski, Sirro, Walker from fullback, Nothing.
In years gone by he could give the ball to Stewart, Lyons, Matai, etc and had Foran as an alternative if they pressured him, the opposition had to cover our whole backline so couldn’t afford to concentrate on DCE
We don’t have the cattle and this is affecting Jake DCE etc....hopefully 2022 will start with a first grade team not an A grade side and then we will see our stars back in form...
Harper was very good in a beaten team in the trial..watched him live today in NSW cup and was not first grade level YET
By the same token , Elite players and halfs like Thurston and Cronk would have found a way to position or organize their attacking formations or options irrespective who was outside of them . Maybe the acting half service can be better , maybe D C E should have his outside supports a bit deeper but he should be doing better with game management . Suli is a hand full but very rarely gets the ball in a good attacking position. Schuster has been on his side for a couple of weeks now and that should have helped if D C E was more attuned . Not of course talking about a rookie or inexperienced half here , on elite money and still making an effort but no way at present playing anywhere near an elite level

Because coaches are paid big dollars for being accountable for inspiring their players to play above their weight .

Our players including the eilte players like DCE have been sinking under Des in our last 12 consecutive record thrashings
So The players are playing worse under Hasler ,before that the players were playing worse under Barrett.
But somehow it's the coaches fault.
It seems they were playing better under Toovey ,who Penn shafted dry.
You are quick to fault the coaches and stick up for management who have done nothing but run this once great club to the ground.

The team selections have been puzzling and disappointing. This messes with the player’s heads and emerging players start questioning their potential pathway and established players start going through the motions. These selections are the coach’s decision and with authority comes responsibility, liability and accountability.

I'm upset, frsutrated and disappointed, but hope with all my heart and soul he fights his way out of this mess, and we finish with some class, pride & passion.
My feelings too. From what I’ve seen so far, I’m legit worried we will win our first spoon. My only hope is that with guys coming back we may turn it around to Tge point where we beat sone of Tge poorer teams. Our draw is fairly favorable from now as well, Broncs, dogs twice, cows twice, tigers twice, Saints at home. Best hopes with players coming back and injuries being kind to us we might get our fair share of wins down the track. Beating the warriors next week would be huge. As sad as this sounds I’ll be watching today’s game hoping key warriors players get injuries.

I actually think we are more likely to have success as a club by going all in on Des and his plan rather than keeping our squad and hoping a new coach can fix it all. We've had issues with the culture at the club since Toovey's last season. Things only got worse when TB was here. Des almost got us back to a final straight away and then the guy who touches the ball more than any other player in our team gets arrested and stood down while our best player has been constantly injured since.

We need to get rid of the guys who aren't buying in or are too dumb to understand Des' s system. We have been a dumb team for too long. We haven't shown any pride in the maroon and white for too long. Let Des find his guys to replace them and sort this mess out. I still believe he has what it takes to coach us to a grand final.
Whst system is that though? Blind Freddy can see I
it all went to **** post Covid because his systems don’t work under the new rules and slow players don’t speed up overnight.
Losing a couple of key players might excuse a drop in results but it does not excuse 40 point drubbings each week.

Remember it is him who keeps picking the “dumb players” you talk of every week. He has also extended a few of the main culprits Maybe the guys in Blacktown aren’t dumb. We never get to find out. Is Guaca really dumb? He had a go , did well and got tossed.

Seriously can anyone watch this team play and not see thry are playing to rules that existed three years ago. Can they see an offensive or defensive system.?
They look clueless from kickoff to full time.

John Morris has an average roster and has had to deal with plenty of injuries last two years.He gets one third of Des paypacket, is under threat of being sacked each week and yet makes the eight and will again this year.They will beat us by forty. The players play for him be cause they have confidence in him. Our players don’t play for the coach. Rarely is that ever fixed.

Last edited:
I agree
It sh-it’s me that every time players don’t put their bodies on the line, have respect running out in their jerseys, or taking the piss out of the crowd supporting them.
that everyone wants the coach sacked
Not so sure if the Coach needs to be sacked
Now before we all rock up outside Des’s house with pitchforks and lanterns we need to consider some issues
What we need is actual players that have pride in their jersey, get their body mass in front of opposing ball carriers rather than this turnstile defence bs, get the timing right in attack, more line speed and aggression in defence, never give up, more runs from dummy half
It’s about time the players own the result
Like Reynolds kissing his Rabbitohs club emblem when he scored a try against the dogs, I read the story too, it was as a thank you to the loyal fans, in regard to their support for his services to continue.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4