How Much Longer Will Des Last?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

When Will Hasler Leave For The Second Time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unfortunately we are stuck with the megalomaniac. Or maybe some divine intervention with a dose of karma is our only hope.

There is nobody going to get results with the people we can put on the paddock at the moment. We need to rebuild. Till then no point in sacking coaches. We'd just be venting at whoever came in. Look at the dogs - they're doing the same. Sack Barrrett. He's been there for 4 weeks with a team that rivals ours & no depth & injuries.

• 👍
Reactions: mbe
I’m still backing him to turn it around. At the very least with the guys we have to come back we should be better by the end of the season.
I agree
It sh-it’s me that every time players don’t put their bodies on the line, have respect running out in their jerseys, or taking the piss out of the crowd supporting them.
that everyone wants the coach sacked
Not so sure if the Coach needs to be sacked
Now before we all rock up outside Des’s house with pitchforks and lanterns we need to consider some issues
What we need is actual players that have pride in their jersey, get their body mass in front of opposing ball carriers rather than this turnstile defence bs, get the timing right in attack, more line speed and aggression in defence, never give up, more runs from dummy half
It’s about time the players own the result

Every week and after every record thrashing I wake up and I think this cannot be happening to us and to Des but I realize I am not dreaming and it is a true tragedy

I hope I wake up one week and he does turn things around

I am praying he does turn things around

At the moment the reality he is showing no signs of a turn around as he just serves us the same mediocre rubbish every week

If these record breaking humiliating loses keep going, Des needs to graciously do the right thing for the sake of our clubs proud history and resign

I agree
It sh-it’s me that every time players don’t put their bodies on the line, have respect running out in their jerseys, or taking the piss out of the crowd supporting them.
that everyone wants the coach sacked
Not so sure if the Coach needs to be sacked
Now before we all rock up outside Des’s house with pitchforks and lanterns we need to consider some issues
What we need is actual players that have pride in their jersey, get their body mass in front of opposing ball carriers rather than this turnstile defence bs, get the timing right in attack, more line speed and aggression in defence, never give up, more runs from dummy half
It’s about time the players own the result

I actually think we are more likely to have success as a club by going all in on Des and his plan rather than keeping our squad and hoping a new coach can fix it all. We've had issues with the culture at the club since Toovey's last season. Things only got worse when TB was here. Des almost got us back to a final straight away and then the guy who touches the ball more than any other player in our team gets arrested and stood down while our best player has been constantly injured since.

We need to get rid of the guys who aren't buying in or are too dumb to understand Des' s system. We have been a dumb team for too long. We haven't shown any pride in the maroon and white for too long. Let Des find his guys to replace them and sort this mess out. I still believe he has what it takes to coach us to a grand final.

In
I actually think we are more likely to have success as a club by going all in on Des and his plan rather than keeping our squad and hoping a new coach can fix it all. We've had issues with the culture at the club since Toovey's last season. Things only got worse when TB was here. Des almost got us back to a final straight away and then the guy who touches the ball more than any other player in our team gets arrested and stood down while our best player has been constantly injured since.

We need to get rid of the guys who aren't buying in or are too dumb to understand Des' s system. We have been a dumb team for too long. We haven't shown any pride in the maroon and white for too long. Let Des find his guys to replace them and sort this mess out. I still believe he has what it takes to coach us to a grand final.
agree
Classic people and culture approach
We clearly have some individuals in the team that probably should not be part of the team and do not contribute to the Manly Culture
The problem we have is that recruitment for the future is either lacking or stalled by last years Covid
Not sure what the answer is, but am guessing that it would involve a reshake of the playing roster ahead of a coach who has achieved 5 Grand Finals with 2 victories and a third where the opposition was stripped
of the title
Just saying

Well said
It ain’t so to Des to tackle his heart out and run with purpose . He has already done that as a great multiple grand final player for our club
It is up to the upstart players to start putting in.
Currently , from what I am seeing, a lot of them are limp wristed and pissweak and not deserving a first grade opportunity

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8