How many points deducted - what's your guess?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Put me down for 20. As much as I loathe Greenturd I reckon he will send out a strong message.

Basically be set back to 0 points.
I recall when Storm had that "play for nothing" for a similar offence & as a self confessed hater of the purple... It didn't seem right.
I am more about a different justice... immediately shed players to fit the cap.... I feel justice would have been Inglis , Slater & whoever else sent to other NRL teams like Newcastle, Titans or whoever could legally afford them.
Say for example Parramatta were $700,000 over the cap....give them an option of who they lose as in Radradra, Norman to put them under the cap.
Also....even if under , should have to play under the cap by the amount they cheated it, meaning more players released & ANY points gained while over the cap be deducted.
It's like getting a 20 metre head start in a 100 metre sprint....bring any cheater back to a level playing field.

I would like it to be 60, so that's another 48 points before they break. Even. Whenever that is.
I think it will be 16 total, 4 from last year and 12 for this year.

They should lose all points won so far and regardless of results should get zero points for the rest of the season (with each team from the first to last round automatically allocated the points per round and not just from the time of the penalty).

However, the penalty they should get and the penalty they will get are likely to be two very different things.

They are an illegal team who have systematically rorted the cap and been found out 4 times in 5 years. They should not play for any points as the dirty dogs did in 2002 and the drizzle did in 2010

Then in a perfect world there would be a total review of the salary cap and its failure and third party payments that are transparent and fair to all clubs. For too long this has marred the game.

Greenturd has to punish them severely, nothing else will suffice!

Right now the Speels are on 12 competition points. They should:

* Lose all 12 points and the points from their wins should be allocated to those they beat (NQ, Dogs (twice), Tigpies, Canberra and Manly).

* Play for zero points for the rest of 2016 with their opposition automatically allocated the points for the game regardless of the on-field result (same as Melbourne in 2010).

That covers the points side of the punishment. As for the rest, I think they should at the very least be made to shed players from a squad that was clearly built while rorting the cap. As to what fines and other sanctions they may get, I'll leave that up to the incompetents at NRL HQ because they probably know more about it than we ever will.

8 points is only ok with me if the penalty is ongoing. Should be playing for nothing and all contracts torn up so they have until March to resign everyone legally.

If they want a fighting chance, let them play for 1 point for a win (0 for byes and draws) which would basically make the rest of the season sudden death.

9 would be all over that.

The precedent has been set already ( twice).

Give me one reason why it should be anything other than zero points, all season????

Anything less is a smack in the face to the two teams already docked that way, and if it was as low as 4 points every team would say " **** it lets buy the best, if we get caught we get docked 4 points which is nothing on the scale of things".

There's only one penalty BUT does Greenslime have the balls to do it?

Last edited:
Whatever points they lose won't change that they will be running around with a team way over the cap for the rest of the year.

Other NRL teams may miss out on playing finals footy after being beaten by the eels during the season. Because of the uneven draw some teams play them once, some twice.

Ah heck, BOOT THEM OUT!

It's Greenturd's day in the limelight - he'll go for blood :devil:

Parra will have a week to lodge an appeal, so don't get too excited yet.@:cool:

I just find it karmic that Choc's deal is what set the dominos falling :giggle:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4