How many points deducted - what's your guess?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

weev

Bencher
It's the DAY OF RECKONING for Team Squeal.

How many points will they lose?

The winner gets a you know what:
Screen-Shot-2015-06-02-at-11.01.33-am.png

What are they on now ?? 12 points. They have to at least lose that many to make it a clear message. Hopefully it'll be more. 4 will be an absolute joke, 8 will be a weak compromise, it needs to be season ending.

Should lose all points for this year and for the following year amounting to the years they actually cheated the cap. Hey can't help wishful thinking, can ya :)

Reality, I think it will be 12 points

Considering that they effectively have the threat of losing 4 points hanging over their heads - a suspended sentence if you like - they more or less gave the NRL the middle finger it needs to be at least triple that + loading.

The problem the NRL have with determining the amount of points to deduct is that we're only about a third of the way through so they have no way of knowing how many points last place will accrue.

So realistically they should be playing for nothing.

ALL of them.

The fact they continue to thumb their nose at the NRL is clear proof that they just don't understand the issue - cheating.

Cheating should never be condoned. If it were Manly doing the same thing, i would expect nothing less than a severe punishment so much is my disdain for it.

Well there are 52 points available in a season assuming you win all games.

28 is the magic number to make the Finals, so they should receive a minimum 26 point penalty all but guaranteeing them a bottom 8 finish.

They may just be forced to play as spooners by default for the rest of the season, regardless of their points value. Like the storm did. Let's not forget that they are playing with an illegal squad, and they need to rectify it. However forcing desntmatta to shed players now is unfair on the teams that havnt played them yet. All teams should be given the opportunity to take on the illegal team and then from 2017 squeels need to shed players. (i respect this doesn't factor in player attitude if your playing for nothing)

Docking them 4 points means squat when the team is an illegal team in red hot form.

Im thinking they may cop 12 points, which is all their points this season, plus an additional penalty of 4 points totally 16 points.

Last edited:
They are talking about it now on Sportsnight. Saying the indications are it will be Parra's season all but over.
Media conference will be at lunchtime Tommorrow.

Yeah the foxsports guys and webby are all predicting parra season is over aswell. Wonder if they know something we don't (or just typical media)

Well if it isn't big enough to make it impossible for them to make the 8, I will be very disappointed. So much so, that I might write another cranky diatribe. Like tonight's effort in the Kieran thread.

That would be awesome :) That post won the Internet

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4