How long have YOU been a Manly supporter!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I started supporting Manly when I was 15. We were living in Wauchope NSW and my mother father and sister were all going for Parramatta so I went with Manly and that was in 1977. I have never been to Brookie but I will one day.

I started supporting Manly when I was 15.  We were living in Wauchope NSW and my mother father and sister were all going for Parramatta so I went with Manly and that was in 1977.  I have never been to Brookie but I will one day.

A few guys are making the pilgrimage for the first game next year, you should try to get there too

I'm packing my swag and am heading off tommorrow. Its gona be a long walk!

Dont forget your cowboy hat, boots, and billy Rae CD

We don't have CD players up here zap! I'm carrying around my old record player! Don't you worry about me boots either, genuine cows leather, not a bloody hole in em! LOL

I've been following Manly since about 1967 (I was about 6) just after I went to see my first live game and no it wasn't Manly. :roll: I was visiting my grandparents at Northbridge and a mate of mine who lived down the road from them asked me if I wanted to go to to see the local team (Norths) :roll: :oops: play at NSO. I accepted and became hooked on the game. Back in those days you always followed your local team so as I lived at Newport at the time, I just had to follow the Mighty Manly Warringah Sea Eagles. I have been following them ever since. :D

Well, I just saw on tele, Chad Randall saying he is going to do a nudy run into Manly if we get the wooden spoon.

Sheesh...I really hope we DON'T get it now!!!

:shock: I couldn't believe this Byso..My wife is such a girlies girl...You know hates all footy/cars etc etc...and she says to me tonight:

"I think Andrew Johns is good looking"

WHAT THE!! :shock:

I was always a Manly supporter since I was born (as my dad is a big Manly fan) but I didn't really start to like footy and care about how Manly were going until I was about 9 in the early 90s. From then on my blood has been Maroon and White, even in 2000 and 2001 when we inherited the Norths curse (perennial losers curse) which we are still trying to shake off. I'm confident that will happen soon though.

:shock: I couldn't believe this Byso..My wife is such a girlies girl...You know hates all footy/cars etc etc...and she says to me tonight:

\"I think Andrew Johns is good looking\"

I think she likes short fellas....lol

[blockquote]:shock: I couldn't believe this Byso..My wife is such a girlies girl...You know hates all footy/cars etc etc...and she says to me tonight:

\"I think Andrew Johns is good looking\"

I think she likes short fellas....lol[/blockquote]

andrew johns good looking, id sort her out quick, either that or it says something about her taste :lol: :lol: :shock:

I was born in Manly hospital back in 75, i can remember sitting on the hill from about 4 years of age onwards, well back then it was mostly sliding down the hill. :D

Luckily my Dad still lives in Colloroy and i still get to see a few games a year. Just went down to see the Brisbane game and man wasn't there some Manly supporters at the Caxton before and after the game.

Maddog.

oh the days of sliding down the hill next to the tunnel i cant wait to take my kids there when I have them.

My parents are at collaroy too.

Yeah Dad's on the Plateau. The good ol'e hill, when i flew down for the Cronulla game i took several photos of about 50 kids sliding down the hill. Brings back great memories.

my parents live Very close to Fatty wont say how many houses away but its very close

I cant remember if he is still there but Ken Arthurson had his house within spitting distance from dads, and i cant spit far :D

When I immigrated the first Australian beach I went to was Manly. My name means "Manly". It was the northern most club when we settled in Townsville and they played in maroon. I saw my first game of league as a 14 year old in 1985 and I've supported Manly ever since.

Put up with all sorts of flack from Broncos supporters when they joined the comp in 1988. I was disgusted with people that ditched the clubs to jump on the Bronco band wagon when they won their first 7 straight in '88. It made me more determined to remian loyal to the club.

I became friends with my best mate because we were both Manly supporters and we clubbed together to return the jibes of the Broncos fans. We'd wear our Manly shirts to the mall and sledge anything that moved. We ended up being each others' best men! i guess you could say the club has had an awful lot of impact on my life. :wink:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7