How each Sydney NRL team fares if KPI’s were introduced for relocation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Us Manly fans had the opportunity to pull our finger out when our club nearly did belly up .

Us Manly fans had the opportunity to pull our finger out when our club was dominating and winning premierships

Us Manly fans have no excuses

***I take my hat off to the parra fans . Parra the chronic wooden spooners has twice as more club members than the most successful club in the modern era*** .

Astonishing !!!

Since the modern era the 70s our club won more premierships that all these other clubs yet our supporters did not reciprocate

Us Manly fans are accountable for the club membership results !!!

Sydney NRL Club Membership

Rabitts 29597
Eels 25250
Dragons 20642
Tigers 20155
Panthers 19920
Dogs 18273
Roosters 16264
Sharks 15795

SEA EAGLES 12 435 .... Our great club deserves better than being dead last .

View attachment 12167
IT TAKES A CONTRIBUTION BY ALL TO KEEP MAKING A CLUB GREAT INCLUDING US MANLY FANS

WE MUST ALL BE MANLY FANS WHERE IT REALLY COUNTS AND THAT IS THROUGH CLUB MEMBERSHIP

Rabitts 29597
Dragons 20642
Tigers 20155
Panthers 19920
Dogs 18273
Roosters 16264
Sharks 15795

WE CAN CHANGE THIS IF WE REALLY AND TRULY WE WANT TO

HOW PASSIONATE ARE WE ABOUT OUR GREAT CLUB THE MANLY SEA EAGLES ?

View attachment 12164

Even in our glory days us fans did not do our great club ( the most successful club in the modern era) justice

It is never too late to wake up and make it up to our Great club the Manly Sea eagles

Rabitts 29597
Dragons 20642
Tigers 20155
Panthers 19920
Dogs 18273
Roosters 16264
Sharks 15795

View attachment 12166

You wouldn’t happen to have the membership numbers would you mate??

;)

How is membership a barometer of success? It isn't going to push the needle on p/l because a club with 20,000+ members could still haemorrhage money (hello Parra) whereas say a 12k membership club run efficiently can perform substantially better. The actual performance of the league club comes down to how well they manage their handout from the NRL.

As for the rest of the KPI's - no way the Dogs average 15K - just pick an average home game of theirs from the last few years and scan the crowd. You'd have to stop clubs fluffing up attendance for one. Also the Roosters benefit from the ANZAC day game whereas excluding all home games works against us because we play a home game at Brisbane that's a sell out. Cherry picked KPI's like what they selected in the article are just stupid.

Secondly I like our chances if you look at performance over the next 5 years considering where we are today. I'd rather be us than a few of the other clubs.

Last thing - @BOZO we don't need another membership spamming from you. The last one was bad enough. The people on this forum aren't the target audience for that.

Last edited:
The Parra fans have had fck all to cheer about in the last 50 years Yet they have twice as many club members than us cheering for their unsucessful club
Nothing to cheer about? Parramatta have had a brand new stadium built for them at public expense - twice!!

In 1985 the new rectangular stadium was opened by Queen Elizabeth I, and in 2002 it was converted into an all seater stadium. Now they have an even better one.

What do you think a brand new stadium would do for Manly’s numbers?

Despite this I agree the club could do more to attract members, but as has been pointed out – here on ST you are probably preaching to the converted.

Crowds should never be part of KPIs as the NRL scheduling is biased when it comes to helping clubs attract crowd numbers. Dumb as duck**** to even consider something manipulated by the governing body so heavily . By everyone towing the line with the draw they all get an equal share of the pie. Its the deal.

Be pretty hard to enforce

Gaz and co. are too dumb to realise the only KPI the NRL are interested in is .... TV ratings ...... unfortunatly we don't seem to rate too high in that one either .....
Well... it’s hard to tell from such a small sample size! We get f**k all free to air games per season, and usually at odd times as well..

I also find it odd that this particular article focuses on post 2014...

Prior to 2014 we’d been a powerhouse for almost a decade, constantly in contention with 4 Grand Final appearances and 2 premierships in the previous 7 years...

As per usual, statistical analysis (whilst pertinent in most cases) is proven to be easily manipulated so as to make a particular point. Perhaps the hard numbers don’t lie... but the representation of said numbers, when given the “Intoddgrity” spin, must be recognised as horsesh*t of the first order...

It’s just click bait, the NRL will never kick a club out or force a relocation as the resultant **** fight would be a very bad look for the game.

The only way they’ll ever get new clubs is if one falls over it the create two new ones ( Perth & Brisbane).

The most likely casualty is the Titans anyway , they are a disaster.

Nothing to cheer about? Parramatta have had a brand new stadium built for them at public expense - twice!!

In 1985 the new rectangular stadium was opened by Queen Elizabeth I, and in 2002 it was converted into an all seater stadium. Now they have an even better one.

What do you think a brand new stadium would do for Manly’s numbers?

Despite this I agree the club could do more to attract members, but as has been pointed out – here on ST you are probably preaching to the converted.

Yes mate , Nothing to cheer about in terms of the eels club success which plays a big role on getting bums on seats and inspire fans to become members and be part of their successful club

Souths and the Dogs do not have a suburban New Stadium and they have more club members than us

Question ? Do you think that our club membership will increase if we moved to ANZ ? Or the Sydney Stadium ?

I recall our fan club membership even prior to other teams new stadiums being built being lower than other clubs

Back then Even the Bears had more club members than us

Most club members hardly attend home games as they live far away or have work and other commitments but they make the effort to be part of their club and contribute to club membership .

We have a history of being the most successful club in the modern era as well as a history of being a club with low club membership and that is in the years before our aging brookvale oval .

I am raising my concerns on here and I am preaching the good news to everyone and hopefully inspire them to spread the word and do something about it

Us fans are accountable as our club THE MOST SUCCESSFUL PREMIERSHIP WINNING CLUB IN THE MODERN ERA which also gave us many good reasons to become club members

THIS MAKES ME SICK !!! .......

Rabitts 29597
Dragons 20642
Tigers 20155
Panthers 19920
Dogs 18273
Roosters 16264
Sharks 15795

images.jpg

If we had a say, Titans stadium at Brookvale, I bet our membership would be more like 20k.

Whilst I love the old hill let’s face it there’s no worse place on a wet windy day to watch footy.

How is membership a barometer of success? It isn't going to push the needle on p/l because a club with 20,000+ members could still haemorrhage money (hello Parra) whereas say a 12k membership club run efficiently can perform substantially better. The actual performance of the league club comes down to how well they manage their handout from the NRL.

As for the rest of the KPI's - no way the Dogs average 15K - just pick an average home game of theirs from the last few years and scan the crowd. You'd have to stop clubs fluffing up attendance for one. Also the Roosters benefit from the ANZAC day game whereas excluding all home games works against us because we play a home game at Brisbane that's a sell out. Cherry picked KPI's like what they selected in the article are just stupid.

Secondly I like our chances if you look at performance over the next 5 years considering where we are today. I'd rather be us than a few of the other clubs.

Last thing - @BOZO we don't need another membership spamming from you. The last one was bad enough. The people on this forum aren't the target audience for that.

Last thing - @BOZO we don't need another membership spamming from you. The last one was bad enough. The people on this forum aren't the target audience for that.[/QUOTE]

Our forum is a voice of all our opinions and concerns

Some people sweep things under the carpert and live in denial

I am a believer of , accepting acountability and taking action .

As a passionate fan these membership numbers are an issue and should be exposed and not swept under the carpert

Rabitts 29597
Dragons 20642
Tigers 20155
Panthers 19920
Dogs 18273
Roosters 16264
Sharks 15795

images-jpg.12173

If we had a say, Titans stadium at Brookvale, I bet our membership would be more like 20k.

Whilst I love the old hill let’s face it there’s no worse place on a wet windy day to watch footy.

Lets put things in perspective .....

If we had to say that the titans had more success on the field they would also fill their empty stadium as well as increase their membership numbers

On field success also plays a major role and the Manly Sea eagle the most successful club in the modern era being in more winning grand finals and finals have not had success on the club membership like they should have .

Lets put things in perspective .....

If we had to say that the titans had more success on the field they would also fill their empty stadium as well as increase their membership numbers

On field success also plays a major role and the Manly Sea eagle the most successful club in the modern era being in more winning grand finals and finals have not had success on the club membership like they should have .
I’m not so sure about that mate.

I remember attending the 2008 GF and being gobsmacked at seeing probably 60,000 of the 82500 crowd in Maroon and White.

Our membership was about the same back then, maybe a few thousand more but I don’t think we’ve ever gone past 15,000.

If we offered seated, undercover seats to most patrons I think you’d see our numbers climb.

I could well be wrong but I bet the bulk on the hill on game day only buy their tickets when they know the weathers great.

Yes it’s cheaper to do a membership package BUT if you’ll only attend when the weather is nice then it’s cheaper just to do as you go.

Sadly not everyone feels like we do.

I’m not so sure about that mate.

I remember attending the 2008 GF and being gobsmacked at seeing probably 60,000 of the 82500 crowd in Maroon and White.

Our membership was about the same back then, maybe a few thousand more but I don’t think we’ve ever gone past 15,000.

If we offered seated, undercover seats to most patrons I think you’d see our numbers climb.

I could well be wrong but I bet the bulk on the hill on game day only buy their tickets when they know the weathers great.

Yes it’s cheaper to do a membership package BUT if you’ll only attend when the weather is nice then it’s cheaper just to do as you go.

Sadly not everyone feels like we do.

"' Our membership was about the same back then, maybe a few thousand more but I don’t think we’ve ever gone past 15,000."'

That is my point mate

We have the fan numbers to be up their with the others .

All we need is fan passion for our club to go with our fan numbers

Rabitts 29597
Dragons 20642
Tigers 20155
Panthers 19920
Dogs 18273
Roosters 16264
Sharks 15795

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8