How can the boys do it??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Some will say we cant but to me its almost 50/50.
They have a few slow fowards like us so good kick & chase to turn them around. In attack wolf & hoppa plenty of scoots.
Obviously attempt to close down the halves. Easier said than done.
Improve handling - last week ran 1 out & still managed poor completions - need to dominate possession.
Fowards need to drink some Tigers blood & fire the hell up!!

I've been saying this for weeks. We need Charlie Sheen's energy around this club! I'll have what he's having.

You know what...keep it simple, complete more sets than they do and we'll be in it up to our necks.

The Rorters will think it's "in the bag", a dangerous opinion to have with a desperate team.

I agree 50/50, but if we are as bad as we were last week with our handling then it's 90-10, the other way!

Have our players lay down motionless after every tackle by JWH that goes highish. (like R Farah would do)
Well cop a few penalty's. That might help.

Hold that line.  We did it in Melbourne until Big T did a Matai and ran out.  Kick away from Minifello and tackle.  Choc can put pressure on Pearce and use the backs.  Whisper in JWH's ear that his mum is is lousy in bed and we win.

We can do it by

Defending like we did last week
Hold the ball
kick better
have better luck with injuries
No knee lifts at critical times
Drop kick from behind the line

Its not rocket science and any one who thinks we cant win is kidding themselves

2 things Manly were not as poor as many suggest
And the chooks are not ****ing supermen

realistic is a 2 way street

It is going to be one way traffic right up the Manly ruck edges. I'm not coming on here Sunday night as it will be slit wrists and extinction theories.

Reckon the rorters would love to put 50 on us to avenge us having done it to them in the past causing them to lose their coaches

MissKate link said:
Reckon the rorters would love to put 50 on us to avenge us having done it to them in the past causing them to lose their coaches

They'll come close.

Welcome Narly, as I say above we just have to improve our sets of six...if we can complete at 80-90% we'll be in with a great shot...regardles of how many superstars they have.

Defense is the key of course, and what I saw in Melbourne gave me heart that this year we'll get that side of the equation in order.  Narly is right.  We can win if we play well.  Eagles by 8. 

DSM5 link said:
Hold that line.  We did it in Melbourne until Big T did a Matai and ran out.  Kick away from Minifello and tackle.  Choc can put pressure on Pearce and use the backs.  Whisper in JWH's ear that his mum is is lousy in bed and we win.

She is actually pretty good in bed.

On the whole I thought our defense last week was pretty solid, given a little luck (injury wise) we could have almost gotten away with that game.
For me this week will be about DCE and Foran against Pearce and Carney I'm sure our halves will be out to show that they are a force to be reckoned with, if we can match the Roosters forwards and keep Kenny Dowell in check...we may just be in with a shot.

Although we are understrength  we still have enough quality players to win the game, and i am sure Des  has a winning game plan , the boys just have to show some discipline and follow it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7