Horo and Rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There seems to be a lot of reports from different places saying George is not going to be offered a new contract now.

Can anyone shed any light on this or heard anything different?

Stumbled across this on Georgie.... http://brothaboy.com/ambassador-q-a-george-rose/

This month BROTHABOY caught up with NRL star & NITV personality ‘Gorgeous’ George Rose.

Q: Where are you from? Who is your mob?

A: Kamilaroi Mob. Walgett in the north-west region of NSW. I’ve been in Sydney for 10 years after coming from Bathurst where approximately 2,000 people live. Finished Year 12 at Kelso High School.

Q: Tell us about what you’re up to at the moment?

A: As well as training for Manly I’m also busy off the field. I’m preparing for life after footy and studying at the University of Sydney in Commerce. I’m also a regular panellist on NITV’s Barefoot Sports.

Q: What do you like best about being a NRL player?

A: You get to play something you love as a career. Playing in front of 85,000 people at the 2011 NRL Grand Final….and winning it.

Q: What was the hardest thing you have ever had to overcome to get there?

A: Homesickness. I had never lived by myself, let alone live in a big city by myself.

Q: Best advice you were ever given?

A: Never forget who you are and where you come from. Given by my Grandfather.

Q: If you could get all of Australia to adopt one aspect of Indigenous culture/way of life/values, what would it be?

A: Respect for culture. Respect for elders and the wisdom they carry that we don’t know nothing about.

Q: You wear Brothaboy because….

A: It is hard to find clothes that are made for large people. The cut and style of the shirt fit perfectly for a big boy like me. Looks good, fits well and makes me look sexy…hahaha.

You can see George on Barefoot Sports every Thursday, 8.30pm on NITV.

George also wanted to give a big shout out to all the kids participating in the Walgett Attendance Program.

Manly Sea Eagles forward Justin Horo has agreed to a new two-year deal with the club after convincing himself, as well as the Sea Eagles, of his worth.

Horo, who was unwanted by the Parramatta Eels at the end of last season, has proved to be one of the buys of the year after playing in all 18 of Manly’s games so far.

”When they told me I wasn’t needed it was a dark time there for me, but now I am enjoying my time over at Manly,” Horo said.

”I have agreed to another two years so that will be done this week. When I came here nothing was really sorted until the Friday before the Monday that pre-season training began, so there was a time I was training by myself. At one stage I was talking pretty closely with Melbourne but that fell through so that checked me again and I was thinking about maybe giving it up. To get the call from Manly and get it all sorted over here has been a blessing so I have just tried to make the most of it.”

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/horo-set-to-re-sign-with-sea-eagles-10621/#ixzz2am9xHhZo

George was on the Big Sports Breakfast this morning and said it was now looking like he would have to look elsewhere for next year.

That's a real shame, hopefully it means we can keep Williams though

Kite, Galuvao and Rose leaves a big hole that worries me for next season, a fit King is now imperative to our success

If george was a real manly fan, he'd retire at the end of the season!

el oh el

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6