Hodko

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pretty disappointed with his poor attitude after the game. Was cracking up, on television, with a Dragons player, after being belted by 30, and us not being able to score squat with him in the halves.
I don't know about cracking up, but he was having a chat with Lafai being former Dogs teammates...just like I saw a smiling AFB having a catchup chat with his former Dragons teammates. TV camera happened to focus on them at that particular time but one would hope in general their attitude was one of much disappointment.

Signing him was a desperate move and a slap in the face for the younger guys who are craving an opportunity, All I have seen from Hodgko is him miss tackles, show no creativity with his kicking, I know he is being coached to do this. He and DCE are a dead loss of a combination, we are a zilch threat with our last tackle options and its killing the team!

Fortunately Tom Wright is still contracted for next season , After next year for instance ideally use Hodko "s contract pay which while admittedly would be on the low side , it could still compliment a Tom Wright upgraded deal in order to retain him, post 2019 . Really need to retain Suli also past this season [ and maybe again use someone like Jono Wright's current contract pay to assist with this] . I only previously thought that acquiring Hodko should be for depth purposes and certainly not in a starting or even bench role .and nothing has subsequently changed my outlook

He's **** and he has been for the last 5 years. If there's a God then this guy and Barrett will be out of the club by seasons end

I was really glad of his signing and like others, thought he would help settle us down and give us some more guidance and back to back sets.

He has been disappointing so far. If he kicks the bloody ball into touch on an attacking play one more time i'll feel like ripping his bloody legs off!!!

Since when did we start this tactic? He did that with the dogs and Des but surely Barrett hasn't adopted that stupid tactic? If he is instructing hodkinson to do it, then Barrett has lost me too.

One thing that last year showed me was that Barrett was willing to attack and i could see that in the many offloads he seems to have encouraged players to make. We've suddenly gone very negative and it's making us worse.

I think hodkinson would be better served at hooker. Tom Wright at five eighth and Hodkinson can share the hooking duties with Fainu.

If we do think Tom Wright has a future (which he seems to have) then we have to start blooding him now. Our season is gone as far as finals are concerned but now is the chance to give these young guys a good go.

This is the only thing left for me in the season, seeing how the young guys develope.

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
Didnt watch it again as work called , but if Barrett doesn't pick T Wright for the rest of the year he's got to go . The worst thing that can happen picking Wright in the 6 for the remaining rounds is experience.

If we dont get another hooking option, DCE to 9, TH to 7 and T.Wright to 6 cant be any worse than what was served up this week, maybe Cherry can find some kind of running game from 9 or at least suffer a career ending injury so we can get some relief next year. Playing TH at 9's not fair on anyone and DCE isn't playing 12X better than TH even if he is being paid that way.

Were crud no matter what option we take ATM.

If we dont get another hooking option, DCE to 9, TH to 7 and T.Wright to 6 cant be any worse than what was served up this week, maybe Cherry can find some kind of running game from 9 or at least suffer a career ending injury so we can get some relief next year. Playing TH at 9's not fair on anyone and DCE isn't playing 12X better than TH even if he is being paid that way.

Were crud no matter what option we take ATM.
Wow, you hope one of our players suffers a career ending injury? Classy.

Hodko is a LOT better than he has been with us. He is being stifled...just like our backs that don't get anywhere near the clean ball they should.

It's Barrett, DCE or both.

DCE should play #9.

I thought he may add something and settle the side down a little.

I was totally wrong.Combining his miserable form with a coach who has absolutely no idea has resulted in an unmitigated disaster.

Our tactics are an embarrassment.

That's exactly the point, I don't think our coach is using Hodko how he should be used. Hodko needs to be given control of the team on the field, he needs to be the organiser. Take that responsibility AWAY from Cherry because its just not his game. Every time that has been tried, be it at Manly or Qld, he's failed at it.

Right now Barrett has him playing exactly how Croker was.....basically doing hand off's to forwards and the odd short kick. Hodko is a better player than that.

Unfortunately our so-called coach is proving that the next supercoach predictions about him were wrong.

Hodko is a LOT better than he has been with us. He is being stifled...just like our backs that don't get anywhere near the clean ball they should.

It's Barrett, DCE or both.

DCE should play #9.

Its more the coach than DCE. Put him in a role that suits his style at halfback and he has shown more often than not that he can thrive.

Its more the coach than DCE. Put him in a role that suits his style at halfback and he has shown more often than not that he can thrive.
Sad thing is...Doesn't look like DCE said when Hodko arrived, 'Thank Christ ure here!!! Ure running the show bro...I'll do the sexy attacking stuff'. If clueless Trent didn't make the call you'd think those 2 fellas would have worked it out for themselves.

@TimmyQ , mate the simple fact is that their current roles in the team should be reversed. We can all see it and maybe they can too, but they can't just make the decision on their own. Its up to the coach who needs to wise up and stop being a stubborn prick who seemingly never learns.

Tell me, when does a rookie stop being a rookie? Barrett's in his 3rd year as a first grade coach. Surely he's no longer a rookie.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8