Hodko

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
So much about what DCE has to do to improve and let me add, though some is over the top, much has been fair.
Along with being the marquee player comes an expectation.
Just feel Hodgko can help out here a fair bit more.
Yes he would be an each way bet to beat a snail over 25 metres, but still needs to take more direct ball to the line and bring runners with him.
At the moment he is doing the bloke in the background stuff ok, but until he can play more AT the line, to take some heat off DCE, not always catch and pass 5 metres before the defensive line to send his lamb to the slaughter, very slow motion and predictable attack.
If this continues, the benefit of his signing is of such little significance, would be better off adding Tom Wright who can play the safe catch and pass game, but with the added bonus of explosive pace, the odd step, show and go play to work the defence over and add some zip or unpredictability to a stagnant attack.
I don't expect miracles from Hodgko here, I realise his legs are not great, but as a half he must attack the line with more direction to allow his runners some space and bring them into the game which is not happening....with the odd show & go and inside ball.
The way Hodgko is playing ...or not playing...is really adding fuel to the pressure on DCE.
If he is past doing this, not out to maul the bloke, reckon he is a decent bloke above being a footy player...but while everyone including myself have been a bit critical of DCE's recent form, he does need to step up....just feel this Hodgko piece of the puzzle is a very important factor, that can help the team across the board big time.

I agree with that and I hope TH can lift, but I kind of doubt it. What we need is a young livewire to come into the team. How's young Hastings going in the lower grade? He may be the spark we need!

So much about what DCE has to do to improve and let me add, though some is over the top, much has been fair.
Yes he would be an each way bet to beat a snail over 25 metres, but still needs to take more direct ball to the line and bring runners with him.
At the moment he is doing the bloke in the background stuff ok, but until he can play more AT the line, to take some heat off DCE, not always catch and pass 5 metres before the defensive line to send his lamb to the slaughter, very slow motion and predictable attack.
If this continues, the benefit of his signing is of such little significance, would be better off adding Tom Wright who can play the safe catch and pass game, but with the added bonus of explosive pace, the odd step, show and go play to work the defence over and add some zip or unpredictability to a stagnant attack.
I don't expect miracles from Hodgko here, I realise his legs are not great, but as a half he must attack the line with more direction to allow his runners some space and bring them into the game which is not happening....with the odd show & go and inside ball.
The way Hodgko is playing ...or not playing...is really adding fuel to the pressure on DCE.
If he is past doing this, not out to maul the bloke, reckon he is a decent bloke above being a footy player...but while everyone including myself have been a bit critical of DCE's recent form, he does need to step up....just feel this Hodgko piece of the puzzle is a very important factor, that can help the team across the board big time.
Pretty fair summation of what more or hopefully more of a better attacking mode that could be provided by Hodko but his defence also has been a concern the past couple of outings . Hope that he can go well today but unless he can make some provisions for his lack of mobility in the tackling department , can only think that Tom Wright and Walker [ when he is fit again ] and with their better agility, covering ability and more direct running, will have much more to offer but again certainly hope that he can produce something better today

Nice one brother, agreed. It may be a case of the team newbie not comfortable running the show a bit too. He's now got goalkicking duties and he is an excellent game manager when on song. Hopefully TB and DCE are talking with him to make it really clear what his role is. He needs to be the dominant half. DCE just needs to worry about himself atm quite frankly.

Given he had no pre season with us things will take time.

We should see slow improvement overall as combinations start but given the team keeps changing due to injuries and origin that slows things down again.

Hodkinson is the nate Myles of half backs. He will be the worst buy in our proud history. Fact is he was never good when he fluked the origin win by doing 1 thing all series his myth only grew.. i knew once we missed Pearce we'd get him and my worst fears have come true. If only we kept green who wanted to stay. Go warriors?
Green did NOT want to stay once the Warriors offered him three years at double what we were paying him for one more year , it was a no brainer for Green

Hodkinson was a backup half at both the Sharks and the Knights before we picked him up. What did we expect to get?

Hodkinson was a backup half at both the Sharks and the Knights before we picked him up. What did we expect to get?
Pretty disappointed with his poor attitude after the game. Was cracking up, on television, with a Dragons player, after being belted by 30, and us not being able to score squat with him in the halves.

Next game, I go:

01. Tom Trbojevic
06. Tom Wright
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
09. Manase Fainu (hopefully)

See if Trent's laughing so much playing in Hastings position who may be in the U.K.

Hodko, you don't hurt after a loss, **** off back to Newcastle.

Hodkinson is the nate Myles of half backs. He will be the worst buy in our proud history. Fact is he was never good when he fluked the origin win by doing 1 thing all series his myth only grew.. i knew once we missed Pearce we'd get him and my worst fears have come true. If only we kept green who wanted to stay. Go warriors?
The million dollar man is the Nate Myles of halfbacks. So much money for so much mediocrity.

Pretty disappointed with his poor attitude after the game. Was cracking up, on television, with a Dragons player, after being belted by 30, and us not being able to score squat with him in the halves.

Next game, I go:

01. Tom Trbojevic
06. Tom Wright
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
09. Manase Fainu (hopefully)

See if Trent's laughing so much playing in Hastings position who may be in the U.K.

Hodko, you don't hurt after a loss, **** off back to Newcastle.
I can't see the NRL allowing Fainu to play, we were told no last week and nothing has changed.

I can't see the NRL allowing Fainu to play, we were told no last week and nothing has changed.
I think it comes down to the number of players in our squad. Barrett said in yesterday's interview that he thought Hastings would be in the U.K. already to pave the way.

Might happen this week. I hope anyway.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8