Hodkinson returns to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think he has been better, but I cringe when I see him crabbing across field. He is such an explosive hole runner. Be good to see if Hodgko can get a good combo going with him.
100% walks is one of the centres in the game. Do ppl forget his explosive runs last year?

Good organiser. Passes great to both sides.Gives us a kicking option both sides of ruck which is absolutely essential.And a field goal option( probably best in league )

No brainer that this is good. Dylan is not only a Centre , he is close to the best centre in the game.

Game plan like second half against the bronco filth, two kickers, no Smith equals a punchers chance next week.

If Hodgo comes back to Manly, it would be like having Green back again, as long as he is fit and his knees can take it. He's also a goal kicker which would take that pressure off DCE who is trying to handle too much at present (his defensive efforts are almost incomparable to other halves and he needs more support). Walker is a great runner, but he's not an organiser and he doesnt have those essentials of a top kicking game, 5th tackle options and good play organising. Hodgo doesnt have to run much. We wont except that. As long as his defence is up to spec, he can leave the running to DCE and the outside backs. Its being the lynch pin that would make him invaluable, just as it did with Green. Someone who knows how to organise the attack and make the right options.

Walker is an outstanding centre as we've seen, but having him at 5/8 weakens both positions. Besides I think Suli would make a fine wing man...as long as he can catch. Tom W. will have his day and maybe occasionally using him on the bench would be fine. To me he should be next cab off the rank after Suli if Taufua comes back strongly. Backline would be initally Turbo, Suli, Kelly, Walker, Uate, Hodgo, DCE. Taufua would then replace either Uate or Suli (I would pick the latter to stay) and Tom W would possibly take a wing spot before years end if Uate and Taufua dont produce the goods. I would even go a step further and use Fainu occasionally on the bench to cover the halves and hooking positions. He and Tom W could interchange week to week depending on the oppposition.

But Barrett will be more conservaive than I am and that's probably just as well.

If Hodgo comes back to Manly,

I would even go a step further and use Fainu occasionally on the bench to cover the halves and hooking positions. He and Tom W could interchange week to week depending on the oppposition.

Me too but that would not be an option as Hogko would be taking the last top 30 spot and Fainu is not one of the 30.

If Hodgo comes back to Manly, it would be like having Green back again, as long as he is fit and his knees can take it. He's also a goal kicker which would take that pressure off DCE who is trying to handle too much at present (his defensive efforts are almost incomparable to other halves and he needs more support). Walker is a great runner, but he's not an organiser and he doesnt have those essentials of a top kicking game, 5th tackle options and good play organising. Hodgo doesnt have to run much. We wont except that. As long as his defence is up to spec, he can leave the running to DCE and the outside backs. Its being the lynch pin that would make him invaluable, just as it did with Green. Someone who knows how to organise the attack and make the right options.

Walker is an outstanding centre as we've seen, but having him at 5/8 weakens both positions. Besides I think Suli would make a fine wing man...as long as he can catch. Tom W. will have his day and maybe occasionally using him on the bench would be fine. To me he should be next cab off the rank after Suli if Taufua comes back strongly. Backline would be initally Turbo, Suli, Kelly, Walker, Uate, Hodgo, DCE. Taufua would then replace either Uate or Suli (I would pick the latter to stay) and Tom W would possibly take a wing spot before years end if Uate and Taufua dont produce the goods. I would even go a step further and use Fainu occasionally on the bench to cover the halves and hooking positions. He and Tom W could interchange week to week depending on the oppposition.

But Barrett will be more conservaive than I am and that's probably just as well.
Love your thinking! Could not agree more with your analysis.

I'm not sure if the Hodko rumours are true or not but he is virtually a like for like Green replacement. Dylan has been fine at 5/8 relatively speaking lol but we haven't had one all year so that's no recommendation. A serious organising 5/8 will make a huge difference to us - we have a good willing forward pack and a pretty fair backline. Get 2 decent halves running the show and we mightn't make the 8 but teams won't wanna play us leading into the finals. Lets focus on screwing up some other teams.... :p

Dude...forget his percentage. DCE ain’t no natural kicker. Imo he’s bloody awful...Hoddo takes the kicking duties all day. 82% & he looks like he’s about to lay an egg.
DCE was the full time kicker for u20s and for reserve grade in QLD then because he couldn’t tread on toes we kept picking killer to kick at 70 and 75%

He hits it sweet from the sideline. Give him some time. Has to establish the routine again. But saying he’s not a natural kicker is a stupid comment. He’s just had 5-6 years off kicking

DCE was the full time kicker for u20s and for reserve grade in QLD then because he couldn’t tread on toes we kept picking killer to kick at 70 and 75%

Are you sure about that? Killer was a reluctant goal kicker and only ever did it if no one else wanted the job. DCE got the goal kicking straight into first grade in 2011 because Killer didn't want to kick, but when Cherry was only hitting 52% halfway through the year the decision was made to hand Killer the kicking tee.

You also have to remember part of this for every club is cap management. You have your guys you assume are playing signed and less of their contract is tied to match payments then you have fringe guys that really you want to only pick when your normal players are injured. A lot more of the their money is tied into match payments that aren’t budgeted for in advance. It’s why teams with big injury tolls blow out the second tier cap. Teams won’t generally do it voluntarily by dropping someone like Taufua or Uate unless there is a superstar coming through

Are you sure about that? Killer was a reluctant goal kicker and only ever did it if no one else wanted the job. DCE got the goal kicking straight into first grade in 2011 because Killer didn't want to kick, but when Cherry was only hitting 52% halfway through the year the decision was made to hand Killer the kicking tee.
I remember speaking to a guy working there and chez has got hung out to dry. He’d never been given kicking duties formally and hadn’t been training for it. It’s a tough gig if you’re not mentally preparing for it at training. Remember that last season of tooves where we never seemed to know who was kicking. In an interview this year chez actually talked about the fact he used to kick but then Jamie had the job when he came in. By the time Jamie left he hadn’t done it for years. Takes some time to get it back

I hope he is as good under kicks as Wright is.

I hpoe he shares the kicking duties with Chez, It's a massive advantage to have two kickers, Hodko brings a lot of value, relieves DCE, puts Walker back in the centre where he belongs, and pisses off Hastings, and Brown. It's not that I don 't like Brown, but our team can only move forward with a decent 5/8, just hoping he doesn't do his ACL again...

Edit: If he comes.

I think his time back in the six has improved Walker's defence. And he'll carry that through to playing in the centres. Brian Kelly or Suli to wing and Marty Wright out of fighting it out for utility spot with Tommy Wright (who we need to see a little more of)
I really don't get this Suli to the wing thing? He would be better on the bench, given his age, and past troubles. He is so young, he can cover a lot of positions, what an awesome pick up! We should lock this kid up, he is a real footballer.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8