Hodges In 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ballin would not be the incumbent hooker. Friend is miles in front of him.

Ballin is a good solid player who has been great for us. He is not passed it but I would have no issue cutting him loose if it meant holding onto Hodges. Hopefully they can share the role though.
If Cam Smith wasn't around, Ballin would have had the Qld 9 well before Friend hit form and the Qld selectors don't dump guys too readily.

Partially true Loobs. But that normally applies to the stars. This is no disrespect to Ballin but he is not a super star like the Cronks, Thurstons, Inglis etc. He would not be the hooker now.

Partially true Loobs. But that normally applies to the stars. This is no disrespect to Ballin but he is not a super star like the Cronks, Thurstons, Inglis etc. He would not be the hooker now.
Dunno - they stayed loyal to guys like Tate so who knows...

My whole issue with where this thread went is that on the one hand, people on here have been arking up about the whole "one club player" issue when it came to Stewart, yet there are probably few people more worthy of going out a one club man than Ballin.

They stay loyal when there is no better option. Friend is clearly the 2nd best hooker Qld have.

I do get your point. But I am more of a plan for the future type of guy and under the current rules you cannot keep them all and short term sacrifices need to be made to keep the next generation. I completely get why Stewart was not re-signed. Even if the salary cap allowed I would still understand if he wasn't as the next generation may move to a club where they have a opportunity to play 1st grade, i.e. Buhrer. Hence why I would be concerned if Ballin re-signed for a couple more years.

Was it Ballin that used to interchange with Heath Le'Strange, or was it Monaghan? That kind of worked, but Hasler adapted as the years wore on, and starting carrying 4 forwards on the bench with the utility value of Buhrer. Whatever happened to that other Hooker in NYC those years ago that was getting all the accolades?

Ballin started his career sharing with Monas. In 2008 Monas left, Ballin started and the stranger took up the bench hooker roll. That worked out ok.

Liam Higgans just never came on after being names toyota cup player of the year. Google indicates he is playing in the newcastle comp. (not for newcastle)

Ballin started his career sharing with Monas. In 2008 Monas left, Ballin started and the stranger took up the bench hooker roll. That worked out ok.

Liam Higgans just never came on after being names toyota cup player of the year. Google indicates he is playing in the newcastle comp. (not for newcastle)

HIGGINS that was the guy...didn't he have massive wraps mate? Jeez mate, your memory is machine like :)

Just a coincidence I'm sure.
That with Ballin as dummy half our actual playmakers have been able to blossom.
Ox made Dally M player of the year, DCE and Foran became superstars, even Hodkinson made City selection and earned a poaching contract from Dogs.
Just coincidence, no doubt about it.

HIGGINS that was the guy...didn't he have massive wraps mate? Jeez mate, your memory is machine like :)

Huge wraps and rightfully so. Killed it in the lower grades, had a top footy brain and real leadership qualities.

Really strange that he didn't kick on, maybe bad injuries crueled him?

Did you miss the bit about the ruck rule changes?

I missed the only game we have played since then however between the reports Hodges was one of our best on field and highlights i saw Hodges score 2 tries and get 2 try assists.

So thanks for adding to the reason to have him in the 17.

I missed the only game we have played since then however between the reports Hodges was one of our best on field and highlights i saw Hodges score 2 tries and get 2 try assists.

So thanks for adding to the reason to have him in the 17.
I'll get behind whoever runs out. I just think people are deserting Ballin when in reality, his injury was probably one of the biggest factors in us losing the minor premiership 6 months ago. For mine, not that much has changed in that time but if Hodges get picked, so be it.

Ballin should decide when he stops playing. The role is his. He seems the most level headed person we have in the club, he will know when he is not up to 80 mins and when he is I don't think he will hang around too long after it.
In hindsight he will be looked on as one of our best hookers in history.
I'm excited about hodges but he is a luxury at this point in time and he needs to develop himself over the next 12 months fill in for injuries in the first grade and be solid week in week out in reggies and he will be a gun in 2016.

the salary cap is going to stop the majority of guys playing into their 30s, balin has been great and still is but the club signed a player to fill his shoes , the same thing happened with glen stewart with the club having groomed buhrer to take over. go to the uk and take the money matty

the salary cap is going to stop the majority of guys playing into their 30s, balin has been great and still is but the club signed a player to fill his shoes , the same thing happened with glen stewart with the club having groomed buhrer to take over. go to the uk and take the money matty
Buhrer has already played SOO. Hodges has played a handful of first grade plus some trials. Bigggggh difference.

Hodges on the bench for impact and if Ballin is still needed on the field, move him to the back row or lock. Simple as that!

So a guy who has played over 150 games straight, makes around 40-50 tackles a game & hardly makes an error should have a rest because we have a "live wire" dummy half?

Hodges is good and maybe the future but look at someone like Segayaro, it's taken 3 years to get him to where he is now and he had no-one anywhere near the calibre of Matty B in front of him.

No-one's calling for Snake, Stevie or Killer to be shuffled on and there's plenty of shiny new things to take their spots down the track.
Ballin is just as an important a cog in the wheel.

Hodges would've known the score when he signed up.

There's no way Matt B should be " moved on", he's the heart and soul of our forward pack, however, his time doing that could be extended with a " Heath LeStrange" type scenario.

And from the horses mouth that's exactly how Hodges sees it happening, he'd be over the moon to get 20 minutes of game time learning the trade as he goes......his exact words said to me last week!!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6