Hiku swap deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Now there is a rumour doing the rounds that the dogs want Hiku and they want to offload a prop probably James Graham

Lol

And the Dogs' recruitment drive is still not over, with strong rumours they are in negotiations with a fullback at a rival club, who, it is believed, could join them "in a matter of weeks".

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/cronulla-sharks-prodigy-michael-lichaa-next-on-canterbury-bulldogs-shopping-list-20140310-hvh2q.html#ixzz2veGSKUKp

Ben Barba. ;)

Eagles2nv said:
I think we will pass on that one.

Hiku is a future centre and Graham should follow burgess back to england.

Graham would command three times what Hiku is on. Load of bollocks.

Apparently he has been chewing Des's ear off about an early release from his contract. He wants to move to a club where he can really get his teeth into his work. I just hope we don't bite off more than we can chew if we sign him though, he has baggage.

Chip and Chase said:
Apparently he has been chewing Des's ear off about an early release from his contract. He wants to move to a club where he can really get his teeth into his work. I just hope we don't bite off more than we can chew if we sign him though, he has baggage.
Surely Graham will have the nouse to negotiate Free Dental Cover in his new contract, wherever he goes.:D

He'd shine here - but we cant afford him. We've let some quality forwards go in the last few years & only really spent money on backs. it ****s me every time I see Maria play for the rooters.

I love Hiku, but I would snap the bulldogs hand off for this deal.

Our backup fullback for one of the games best props.

Hiku is young and full of potential but we have gutherson and tom turbo coming through snake still has a few years left and are short on props

That said, don't believe it

So the dogs can pay fifita 800000 plus T Dog at 600000 and Michael Lichaa 300000 as well as the rest of their squad. This is beyond a joke. Is Greencock now the salary cap auditor as well.

Pritchard , Kasiano ,Graham and and Klemmer are also on big money. Klemmer signed a 3 year deal in 2013 worth aroung 300K per year before his NRL debut. The Bulldogs must have 75 per cent of their non existent cap tied up with forwards.

Don't forget their captain Ennis, signed his last deal as the SOO hooker I think, plus that great thespian SOO 5/8 just re-signed with them, as indeed did SOO centre Josh Morris. I'd say they do have to get rid of someone before Fifita arrives.

That's crap. Even if it wasn't, tell em to get stuffed. Peta is already a star. Just keep him at Brookie. He'll be on fire this week.

Even Tunksy and Graeme Hughes on Talkin' sport this arvo couldn't believe it.
800K for a prop that'll play 50-60mins per game isn't smart, Tunksy was very forthright about it. He brought up that the huge price tag carries massive expectation and isn't the best for team harmony if a guy on a lot less money is putting in more, next time he's at the negotiation table he'll be putting his hand out. Hughes siad it could be something like 600K plus third party deals but it certainly puts a dent in the cap and there'll be a few forwards waiting for a tap on the shoulder.

As for Hiku, we'd be nuts to entertain the thought.

StuBoot said:
Even Tunksy and Graeme Hughes on Talkin' sport this arvo couldn't believe it.
800K for a prop that'll play 50-60mins per game isn't smart, Tunksy was very forthright about it. He brought up that the huge price tag carries massive expectation and isn't the best for team harmony if a guy on a lot less money is putting in more, next time he's at the negotiation table he'll be putting his hand out. Hughes siad it could be something like 600K plus third party deals but it certainly puts a dent in the cap and there'll be a few forwards waiting for a tap on the shoulder.

As for Hiku, we'd be nuts to entertain the thought.
I couldnt see the club letting Hiku go with the uncertainty of snake and his injury,especially if he is going to be out for a month,unless they are going to roll the dice with Gutho or Tom T,as for the salary cap,with greenburg there at the top,he would have given them the green light,no salary cap Des,go for it

Absolute rubbish story.A seasoned international prop who in his first year in Aus was the NRL 'S best prop for a fringe first grader with potential and little experience. Would be 300k difference in salaries. They may very well be targeting Peta but a straight swap is ludicrous.

Given we are chasing a prop (and were looking at Fifita who was asking plenty)) swapping Hiku for Graham and paying the difference makes sense to me but then I don't see Hiku as a solution at fullback in the long run.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
No way would I swap Hiku for any of the doggies Forwards, plus we don't need any more props after signing lauaki last week

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7