• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep tryna be positive but let's get ready for a home final for week one yay. And also what should be a guaranteed week one win. And a four game winning streak in the finals as well. Four straight weeks of beating teams and winning the comp from 5th/6th place. I'm excited

Bit of perspective though :

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jake Trbojevic
03. Daly Cherry-Evans
04. Josh Schuster
05. Manase Fainu
06. Morgan Boyle
07. Keith Titmuss
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Curtis Sironen
10. Andrew Davey
11. Zac Saddler

All unavailable from our starting squad , and

12. Toafofoa Sipley

Got injured during the game.

I think its early enough to call after tonight's game. I wouldn't be going hard after the top 4. Now I'd rather stay fresh and keep players fit and rested. We will need to peak at the business end of the season and chasing that top 4 would take out a lot of gas!

No Turbo next week against the Dragons who will come out firing with a lot to prove, 5TH or 6TH looks best case scenario.

I think its early enough to call after tonight's game. I wouldn't be going hard after the top 4. Now I'd rather stay fresh and keep players fit and rested. We will need to peak at the business end of the season and chasing that top 4 would take out a lot of gas!
The only way to build momentum towards the finals is to keep striving towards excellence
The top teams are ahead of us because they have not put on the breaks
The only break we should have is at the end of the season

Top 4 was always a hard ask anyway. Just aim for 5th, beat whichever team falls into 8th at Brooky in week one and then send Parra packing in straight sets the week after.

Last night's game highlighted just what an incredible system Melbourne have. They can lose a host of top-liners and replace them with no-names and still win matches.
We can't do do that without DCE and Turbo (plus The Shoe and Al).
As good as The 'Riff are they lost two matches to ordinary teams when they had their SOO players missing.
Is it simply that Bellyache is a genius or that the club has found the perfect formula to be competitive in every match, regardless of their composition? You don't have to like Melbourne but you can't help admiring their professionalism.

5th the spot
smash 8 week one and player loser of 2v3 after they get bashed by storm or penrith

Last night's game highlighted just what an incredible system Melbourne have. They can lose a host of top-liners and replace them with no-names and still win matches.
We can't do do that without DCE and Turbo (plus The Shoe and Al).
As good as The 'Riff are they lost two matches to ordinary teams when they had their SOO players missing.
Is it simply that Bellyache is a genius or that the club has found the perfect formula to be competitive in every match, regardless of their composition? You don't have to like Melbourne but you can't help admiring their professionalism.
They win games by doing the little things right and respecting the ball. We would have won last night had we done the same.

Since losing the first 4 games Manly has got into a pattern of win 3, lose 1.
This is OK as you learn more from a loss than from a win, and after 3 wins the players need to be reminded of the little things that make the difference.

Top 4 definitely gone , but still think we are a chance of being there on the big day.

Really it’s a repeat of 2020 in the GF with the only fly in the ointment being the Sea Eagles.

The rest on current overall form, no chance.

For us keyboard coaches it's fun to speculate on things we can't control.

The actual team we support has no business thinking about such things. For the team it should be about improving week to week, building confidence, trust and putting the finest fully fit foot forward.

As far as speculation on our ability to make the top 4, It's not completely out of reach unless we lose to Storm and Parra. Yes we need Parra to drop at least 3 games in the run home but looking at their draw they could drop up to 5.

For us keyboard coaches it's fun to speculate on things we can't control.

The actual team we support has no business thinking about such things. For the team it should be about improving week to week, building confidence, trust and putting the finest fully fit foot forward.

As far as speculation on our ability to make the top 4, It's not completely out of reach unless we lose to Storm and Parra. Yes we need Parra to drop at least 3 games in the run home but looking at their draw they could drop up to 5.
Our squad this week looks outstanding as well. Possible the best it's looked all year.

Little tip - if Sironen is fit next week or the week after - he will be on the bench at least for a couple of games to get some match fitness before the finals. At the moment he isn't in our top 17 but Des will have to get him some game time just in case. There will be a bit of shuffling on the bench over the coming weeks if we stay healthy to keep players in match trim. It wont mean at all that some players are in our best 17 if they get picked - but Des just has to keep his bases covered coming into the finals. But yes this is a great 17 this week.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2