Headache - 1 to 7 Fully Fit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tom
Jorge
Walker
Parker
Suli
Cust ... (with Croker to keep him honest)
DCE

Sorry, for mine Garrick misses out .... getting on the front foot on the first tackle from a kick return is critical in setting up a rolling set and getting into an attacking position by the 6th tackle .... Suli adds more grunt and with as many tries being barge overs as opposed to long range ... adds just as much as Garrick . .... and a couple of % difference in kicking stats between Garrick and DCE is not enough for me to give him the nod ..

Disclaimer ... Having said that Garrick is an outstanding prospect and I believe he will force his way into the FG side for years to come ...

Haha. Fatboi over Garrick. Sober up Woodsie b4 posting.

Garrick is a lock for this side moving forward.

Agree in priciple ... but at the moment ... and in only the area I mentioned of kick returns, .... I believe Suli offers more overall benefit on the wing ... to the team performance ... having AFB and Kapow hitting an unset defensive line on the 3rd and 4th tackles is gold ... Suli simply sets that up better .....

Garrick has a good all round game and whilst his returns are improving ... in tight games his lack of denting the line early costs us field position .... and an attacking option to the end of the set ..

But Garrick is a keeper, and I won't be upset if he retains his position ..

Jeez you have to feel sorry for Brad Parker he was going really really well and then got injured!!

AND, at full strength he’d be lucky to get a spot!!

Suli is the big mystery in this backline, if he can develop his game he may become formidable as a centre.
Right now I think wing is his best position, playing a simple game as mentioned. But 3 into 2 don’t go
Jorge is holding his spot
Disagree. Having 2 wingers that are incapable of jumping any higher than 3 inches would be a huge mistake. That's why Garrick keeps his spot with Suli in the centres. Parker to blacktown until form or injury brings him back in

Jeez you have to feel sorry for Brad Parker he was going really really well and then got injured!!

When there's injuries, he'll come back into the team. If he beefed up a bit, he'd possibly be a better back rower/utility than Goswieki. Here is a physical comparison

Brad: 193 cm (6 ft 4 in); 90 kg (14 st 2 lb)

Jack: 190 cm (6 ft 3 in); 95 kg (14 st 13 lb)

When there's injuries, he'll come back into the team. If he beefed up a bit, he'd possibly be a better back rower/utility than Goswieki. Here is a physical comparison

Brad: 193 cm (6 ft 4 in); 90 kg (14 st 2 lb)

Jack: 190 cm (6 ft 3 in); 95 kg (14 st 13 lb)
Parker is 100kg,he is bigger than Gosiewski.

Parker is 100kg,he is bigger than Gosiewski.
Not 100kg anymore. Apparently lost quite a bit of weight eating through a straw. Will take him a few weeks to get back to his normal size. Suli Taufua have a few weeks yet before Parker is ready. For me I dont think I can leave Parker out, his defensive reads are too much of an attribute to our team not to mention his strong carries. Itll probably come down to combinations as opposed to who is the better player. Taufua and Parker seem to have a good combo but Suli has earnt his spot too. 3 into 2 doesn't fit, interesting to see how des plays this one out if all fully fit.

Last edited:
Not 100kg anymore. Apparently lost quite a bit of weight eating through a straw. Will take him a few weeks to get back to his normal size. Suli Taufua have a few weeks yet before Parker is ready. For me I dont think I can leave Parker out, his defencive reads are too much of an attribute to our team not to mention his strong carries. Itll probably come down to combinations as opposed to who is the better player. Taufua and Parker seem to have a good combo but Suli has earnt his spot too. 3 into 2 doesn't fit, interesting to see how des plays this one out if all fully fit.
Maybe Des should have shown him the Homer Simpson broken jaw diet?Just blend up steaks and hamburgers into shakes...

Maybe Des should have shown him the Homer Simpson broken jaw diet?Just blend up steaks and hamburgers into shakes...
downloadfile.jpg

You know, whichever way we go if we have a backline at full strength I think we can beat anyone.

Of the 1-7 from our win over St Merge.....

Tom is a lock for fullback with Elliot the backup. He showed against the NRL last Sunday against the Dragoons why I think he's the best fullback in the game. Better than Tedesco, better than RTS and better than Ponga.

Jorge right now is playing too well to be dropped. Slow as a wet week for a winger, but his runs take so much pressure off the forwards. I just wish he had speed and didn't have periods where he seems lazy.

Walker is on form the best centre in the NRL (yes I think he's better than an in-form Mitchell). He's a lock for centre but it would be nice to have him in that form constantly.

Suli is starting to play to his potential, but I would like to see him running stronger in the opposition 20.

Garrick (sorry @Woodsie ) hasn't done anything to be dropped for. His speed has proven valuable and his goal kicking has been a big surprise (I didn't even know he could kick goals until Cherry got injured). Gets mauled taking hit ups, but he's willing to put his body in there.

Cust is only a 4 game rookie but plays like a 100 game veteran. Croker might have trouble breaking back in. LG is almost no chance other than an injury replacement.

DCE is the general and his kicking game was something we definitely missed for 5 weeks. Only injury or Origin keeps him out.

Of the rest.....

Elliot is Tom's backup and was unlucky to be dropped from the 17. But he was always going to be the odd man out in the backline with everyone fit. Can play 1-5, but is the 2nd fullback, 3rd winger and 4th centre.

Parker has shown this year that centre is his spot and was arguably the best performed defensive centre in the NRL before his injury. But does he walk straight back into the side or does he play for Blacktown? Walker won't be dropped, so his best chance is either replacing Suli or replacing Jorge. I don't envy Des with this headache.

LG....I had hopes that he would cement the 5/8 spot, but he has been a fairly big disappointment.

Croker's injury opened the door for Cust who hasn't looked back. Either one would do well in our #6.

Miski was only a backup, but he did OK when called on and didn't let anyone down.

The only reason Parker will get a spot is if Suli gets injuries or goes off the rails again . Same deal with Walker . Walker and Suli are going great guns and for Parker to walk straight back into the centres , after a few good games would be silly in my opinion. Suli has been safe , busts the line , and can get a ball away so no real need to remove him.

Garrick (sorry @Woodsie ) hasn't done anything to be dropped for. His speed has proven valuable and his goal kicking has been a big surprise (I didn't even know he could kick goals until Cherry got injured). Gets mauled taking hit ups, but he's willing to put his body in there.

100% correct ... my opinion is not based on who is individually better .... but on who in my opinion would add the most to a team performance ... and I rate a consistent positive start to each set the bigger advantage .....

I am not set in concrete ... each combination offers different benefits ...

Parker - 11 games, 33 tackle breaks, 2 tries, 4 line breaks, 2 try assists
Suli - 10 games, 18 tackle breaks, 1 try, 0 line breaks, 0 try assists

I know stats aren't everything, but I just don't think Suli is a centre. He just doesn't have the hole running ability that Parker has. He makes good yards up the middle - if anything he could replace Gosiewski as a utility bench player.

A few different perspectives to take into account with what our present outside backs can offer individually and Garrick "s value [ apart from his effective goal kicking to date ] would also include his genuine speed factor such as running down that Dragons winger last week or that excellent reflex and agile grubber [ D C E ] kick try retrieve last game . Jorge and Suli would not have realistically managed those efforts . They have other individual strengths to offer . For best effect , seems Garrich and Jorge as wingers , Walker and Suli centres going forward and let"s see how Brad "s comeback goes when he is able to get pack into playing mode again .

A couple of weeks ago I’d have said drop Walker for Parker but Dylan’s starting to show some good form in attack and his defence improved massively last week. I think, when fit and up to playing weight, Parker should become a super sub and Suli and Walker a long term centre pairing. JetSki, sadly, drops off the bench.

Des May feel differently though.

Parker - 11 games, 33 tackle breaks, 2 tries, 4 line breaks, 2 try assists
Suli - 10 games, 18 tackle breaks, 1 try, 0 line breaks, 0 try assists

I know stats aren't everything, but I just don't think Suli is a centre. He just doesn't have the hole running ability that Parker has. He makes good yards up the middle - if anything he could replace Gosiewski as a utility bench player.
Not that it means much but Suli has had at least two try assists disallowed [ forward passes ] Based on those stats however , no doubt that Parker was going well before injured , Brad seems fairly resilient , he will get his opportunity again this season and really a split decision between him and Suli for the Manly outside backs with both fully fit and offering solid form .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8