Headache - 1 to 7 Fully Fit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Ok, so I've been contemplating our backline @ full strength, and have broken it down to three categories. What do you guys think?

The Locks (players ho cannot be dropped)

01. Tom Trbojevic
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

The Hard To Drops (Players who don't deserve to be dropped)
03. Brad Parker

The Up for Competition Players (Players fighting it out for the remaining spots)
01. Brendan Elliott
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Moses Suli
06. Lachlan Croker
06. Cade Cust
06/07. Kane Elgey

Jeez, it's a tough one. Not one player has let us down. What does Des do in the next few weeks? My team:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brad Parker
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

and jeez I felt bad leaving players out. Thoughts?

Agree with your side (hurts a lot to leave out Elliott). But maybe instead of Elgey i’d put Cust or Croker. Those three have some battling out to do although for dce cust and croker are probably the better suited players. Then again Elgey has been improved, though I think that Broncos game showed us he can’t take hold of the game when needed like Croker did against the Raiders. My halves ranking at the moment probably goes in order of Cust, Croker, Elgey.

All extremely hard to split although cust showed great potential as a dce partner today.

Ok, so I've been contemplating our backline @ full strength, and have broken it down to three categories. What do you guys think?

01. Tom Trbojevic
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

03. Brad Parker

The Up for Competition Players (Players fighting it out for the remaining spots)
01. Brendan Elliott
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Moses Suli
06. Lachlan Croker
06. Cade Cust
06/07. Kane Elgey

Jeez, it's a tough one. Not one player has let us down. What does Des do in the next few weeks? My team:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brad Parker
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Extremely hard to choose mate, maybe Suli for Parker if 100% fit and firing, then again maybe not. What an incredible position we are in.

01. Tom Trbojevic
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

03. Brad Parker

01. Brendan Elliott
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Moses Suli
06. Lachlan Croker
06. Cade Cust
06/07. Kane Elgey

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brad Parker
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

You have forgotten Miski. I think he was terrific in the two matches he played and needs to be in the 'up-for-competition' section.
I also feel if Cust gets other opportunities and plays as well as he did today then he should be our halfback-5/8 alongside Cherry.
It's a very welcome position to be in.

01. Tom Trbojevic
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

03. Brad Parker

01. Brendan Elliott
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Moses Suli
06. Lachlan Croker
06. Cade Cust
06/07. Kane Elgey

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brad Parker
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

yeah, you left out Miski

Jorge is going awesome... so many tough metres out of our own end, great finisher, seasoned campaigner. Why would you drop him? Elliot is playing FB atm not wing. we truly live in an age of highlight reels and instant gratification... thank fark our coach is analogue.

Jorge should have got back quicker to the ball and stop their first try, he takes it up well but damn he's slow to turn and chase .... must be the slowest winger in the nrl

Jorge should have got back quicker to the ball and stop their first try, he takes it up well but damn he's slow to turn and chase .... must be the slowest winger in the nrl
I’ve always been of the belief that Jorge’s strengths outweigh his weaknesses. He gets caught out in a couple of areas now and again (on the turn, and under the high ball) but I think we look stronger with him in the side.

Last edited:
Good topic RYAN and the quandry of who plays where is more complicated than it even appears because of positional awareness and defensive capabilities of each player in a defined position.

I highly doubt Des will be romantic about handing out the jerseys now that Walker is back and TT probably returning in 2 weeks. Wing, FB and centre are very differing animals defensively.

Walker rightly has his position sewn up...for now.

Elliot is probably the big loser when TT returns.
He has been safe, strong, whole-hearted and even valiant while filling TT's position. FB and centre are not the same defensively.

He has been GREAT in arguably the second most difficult position defense-wise, BUT he hasn't shown the speed to be competitive with the other condenders for a wing or centre position. Will be on with Garrick and Horhay for a wing spot.

Garrick has been VERY GOOD, but not GREAT. Has been solid, safe and defends well on the wing, but once again, not GREAT in defense but certainly not a turnstile. Is not a plus in the hard hit-up, give the forwards a rest stakes. Can't be thrown into the centre position
He has speed and along with his goal-kicking ability may tip the scales that locks down a wing spot for him . He can't be moved to centre as that would have to be Parker's spot by default, partnering Walker.

Parker has been GREAT, defensively and positionally, safety and attack wise. It would be a very hard man to drop him as centre is probably the most difficult defensive position and his only real FG position. Safe I would think, RIGHT NOW.

Horhay has been great for the last 7 weeks, safe, strong defensively and is VERY effective in the hard yards needs. Deserves to keep his spot against all-comers.

So, I guess it stays the same for next 2 weeks except for Croker V Cust , then the outside shuffling starts the following week when TT returns.

When Suli returns in 3 weweks or so, I can't see him outing Garrick, Horhay and Elliot for one of the 2 wing spots, but who knows what injuries a spanner may throw.

My guess for positions 1-5 after TT and Suli return(barring no MORE injuries) is:

TT
Horhay
Walker
Parker
Garrick

Halves in 2 weeks time?

DCE and Croker/Cust.

Last edited:
At full strength, I have a feeling that I know the backline Des would choose except for one position which is a wing spot to be contested by Garrick and Elliot

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Dylan Walker
4. Brad Parker
5. Reuben Garrick/Brendan Elliot
6. Lachlan Croker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans

The wing spot is a tough one. Reuben has been there all year so we know he is good for it. His goal kicking is valuable as well. On the other hand, Elliot’s value to the team this year has outweighed Reuben’s. Despite this, I think Reuben gets the nod and Elliot is hard done by to go down to reserve grade.

All of the players who are not listed in the 8 above can hold their heads high. They have done us proud

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7