Headache - 1 to 7 Fully Fit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In what world is Suli better than Jorge? Why isn't Jorge a long term option?
Jorge has been in good form, given
I still feel that despite his form there is still danger his hands may prove a problem again, I rememebr how frustrating it has been watching him drop balls and come out of defense the past few years... 8 good games this year doesnt mean that should be completely forgotten
It is a close call, jorge has been great, and by no means am I saying suli is definitely better, I just think Suli's best position could be winger considering his hard running style, strong carries and am sure he would become better in the air than Jorge. It would be wise to train him as a winger, however if jorge keeps up this run of form fair play let him have his spot.
He is only 20 opposed to jorge turning 28 this year with more potential than jorge.
Regardless of a suli v jorge outcome short term I wouldnt mind as Jorge has been hugely loyal and been in great form this year, i'm merely just saying that suli is / can be the future if he plays consistently and thus shouldnt be dropped to reserve grade, and that i think his best position would be wing, not centre, in which he would take jorges position down the track (not reubens) or potentially when everyones fully fit

I’ve always been of the belief that Jorge’s strengths outweigh his weaknesses. He gets caught out in a couple of areas now and again (on the turn, and under the high ball) but I think we look stronger with him in the side.
No winger gives their team more hard running meters than Jorge, plus other sides know he is going to run and line him up, but he eats up the hard meters and his post contact meters are huge. People on heree are hard on him for making a mistake or seeing him as slow, but I bet the forwards love him taking the first run, plus he hasn't dropped and ball for ages and he was checked in the first try in the sharks game how could he get to the ball.

It was entirely his fault. It was a terrible “I’ll solve this on my own” moment and Des was furious about it. The team is coached to hold their line and width under Des...Walker ran past teammates to make that tackle which is absurd. Yes, he had a strong first game back but he better not do that again...dumb and invited the Sharks back in the game. I swore for 2 minutes after he rushed in.

Yep I have to agree 100%. Due to Walker rushing up and making an ineffective tackle, the Sharks could have even scored the try through the hands instead but opted for a kick which was weighted perfectly.

The team has been enjoyable to watch this year in defence due to how solid and cohesive they have been.

Last edited:
This playing group look to me like they enjoy playing at the moment and have confidence in themselves and the defensive system they have been trained to adhere to. If they can maintain and build upon this momentum anything can happen. Tonight is a big test focussing and coming out of the blocks quick in a game you are expected to win isn’t always easy. Go boys!

At full strength, I have a feeling that I know the backline Des would choose except for one position which is a wing spot to be contested by Garrick and Elliot

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Dylan Walker
4. Brad Parker
5. Reuben Garrick/Brendan Elliot
6. Lachlan Croker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans

The wing spot is a tough one. Reuben has been there all year so we know he is good for it. His goal kicking is valuable as well. On the other hand, Elliot’s value to the team this year has outweighed Reuben’s. Despite this, I think Reuben gets the nod and Elliot is hard done by to go down to reserve grade.

All of the players who are not listed in the 8 above can hold their heads high. They have done us proud
I think Garrick has the wood on Elliot due to his kicking ability.

At Full strength - who do you pick as our centres and wingers ??

Here's my feel on it....if there are other options like Miski or even T Rex @:eek:, or others - share away as options and opinion of difference are a good thing.

I think Garrick has played well enough and backs it up with great goal kicking - holds the wing spot.

Taufua has played tough and come back with some strong games, mixed with a few sluggish moments....but makes impact with power runs at vital times and looks like he wants to there again.

Walker is a Must, though at times like the defensive rushes and some poor misses like the 1 on Kelly vs Titans will hopefully dissolve with more time back...have a feeling he will have a big impact by seasons end.

Suli/Parker - Is fairly tough and I didn't expect to feel this way, as Suli is a big imposing player who has started to improve each game and Parker was a Huge surprise once he got a centre spot - some of his defence was good as it gets....neither are flashes and both bring different qualities to the table.
I lean towards Suli today, but only a bee sting in it...

I have to agree with all you are saying. It’s pretty much a coin toss between Suli and Parker.

I think Walker will get better each game and it won’t be long till he has an absolute blinder with a freakish play that wins the game.

2. Taufua
3. Walker
4. Parker
5. Garrick

But I hear Parker has lost a bit of weight. Understandable when you break your jaw and can’t eat anywhere near as much. Until he gets back to full fitness, Suli will be a great fill in for him

I really like what I’ve seen from Suli this year. Very solid in defence and makes valuable metres but to me it seems that he is not dangerous enough in the opposition’s 20. He seems a bit slow and easy to read when attacking the opposition’s try line

2. Taufua
3. Walker
4. Parker
5. Garrick

But I hear Parker has lost a bit of weight. Understandable when you break your jaw and can’t eat anywhere near as much. Until he gets back to full fitness, Suli will be a great fill in for him

I really like what I’ve seen from Suli this year. Very solid in defence and makes valuable metres but to me it seems that he is not dangerous enough in the opposition’s 20. He seems a bit slow and easy to read when attacking the opposition’s try line
And Parker is better in the oppositions 20? I’d rather Parker running at me anytime...not so Suli!

And Parker is better in the oppositions 20? I’d rather Parker running at me anytime...not so Suli!

4 tries in 41 games apparently for Suli compared to 8 tries in 36 games for Parker.

There have been numerous occasions where I thought Suli would steamroll the opposition in their 20 due to his size but then he usually ends up being stopped easily enough by the defence. Sometimes it looks like he is lumbering up to the try line. He has shown plenty of value in every other part of the field this season

Last edited:
Is jorge a lock fora wing spot? Most on here haven't thought of the option of both parker at centre and suli to wing ahead of jorge. Good to have options.
Cust is definitely my 5.8

Jorge is a lock for his position 100% imo. He is massive for us coming out of trouble. I tell you on grand final day that’s what you need

Jorge is a lock for his position 100% imo. He is massive for us coming out of trouble. I tell you on grand final day that’s what you need
So is suli and Parker. All 3 have really strong runs from our end. Unfortunately 1 will miss out. Its a tough decision for Des that's for sure

We need depth and Elliott is a quality player. We are fortunate to have him and he is unlucky he’s not in the top 17. I expect we will see more of this young man in first grade this year.

Des seems to like keeping a couple of forwards on the bench that dont get much time. Sometimes no time. So fully fit , stick suli or parker on there.

Tom
Jorge
Walker
Parker
Suli
Cust ... (with Croker to keep him honest)
DCE

Sorry, for mine Garrick misses out .... getting on the front foot on the first tackle from a kick return is critical in setting up a rolling set and getting into an attacking position by the 6th tackle .... Suli adds more grunt and with as many tries being barge overs as opposed to long range ... adds just as much as Garrick . .... and a couple of % difference in kicking stats between Garrick and DCE is not enough for me to give him the nod ..

Disclaimer ... Having said that Garrick is an outstanding prospect and I believe he will force his way into the FG side for years to come ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7