Hayne quits Parra to pursue NFL career

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
strone33 said:
He's not going to the Seahawks

He has no contract and no trials, nothing.

It will be up to him and his manager to sort somthing somewhere for him

Nfl is run very different to an NRL club, no team environment, train on your own day in day out and Zero loyalty to the player and this will be big for Hayne as he stayed on with the Eels this year because he felt he owed it to the Eels/ Arthur.

Wow, It kind of makes you realise why guys like Choc and others have such a high regard for Brad Arthur. Arthur must really be one of those coaches that you want to stay and play for. NEK MINNIT!!!

manlyfan76 said:
You gotta feel sorry for Parramatta fans, their board is a shambles, best player leaves, former coach leaves for more cash....

and for Canberra fans after Sticky publicly, almost triumphantly, declared they were not interested in Josh Hoffman. If Snake goes to Parra there will be a whole load of egg being wiped off their faces.

manlyfan76 said:
You gotta feel sorry for Parramatta fans, their board is a shambles, best player leaves, former coach leaves for more cash....

Sounds like another club I know, can't which one:s

Mail out of Penrith suggesting Matt Moylan will replace Jarryd Hayne in Australian Four Nations squad

the mauler said:
Pretty sure he wants to be a safety in NFL.

Really? Can Hayne even read, let alone read a QB? This is ridiculous. How big does your ego have to be to think you can do this..?

Crusher_Cleal said:
The Seahawks? What position would he play there? i'm not coqnvinced it will happen.

They have a pretty good RB in Seattle already..

He will at best be signed to a practice squad. Otherwise he will sign with the Canadian football league (CFL) to learn the game.

He will likely start off as a kick returner due to his background as a fullback. I believe he would be very good at this due to his speed, power and ability in the open field. If successful he would be best suited to a wide receiver position due to his hight/weight/athleticism. Most comparable to Percy Harvin from the Seahawks, Randell Cobb from the Packers or Devin Hester from the Falcons due to their ability in the open field and versatility on offense. I could see him also playing some limited time at running back or possibly safety on defence.

Loobs said:
Good thing is though that now Parra can pay Choc every cent

He can't realistically cut it in the NFL. I'm assuming he'd be a tight end. He has no idea how to read a defence, run routes, nothing. You can't just learn it in an offseason either because there is a fresh crop of college guys coming out who know how to do everything better than he will ever know.

Practice squad pay is 80,000 a year which is probably the best he can hope for at this point. And none of their contracts are guaranteed beyond a signing bonus. Very strange move...

I reckon you're right. He'll be so bored & probably lost at sea trying to run interference, rarely handling the ball, block guys. A cog in a machine rather than a creative force. I s'pose it is worth the money though if he gets signed.

strone33 said:
He's not going to the Seahawks

He has no contract and no trials, nothing.

It will be up to him and his manager to sort somthing somewhere for him

If he wants to play soon he will not sign with the Seahawks. That team is stacked. Best chance would be with Cleveland who have virtually no talent at wide receiver, which is the position he most likely would play. Safety is far more complex and very difficult to learn let alone master with no prior experience.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6