Hayne quits Parra to pursue NFL career

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wow. It takes a decade plus to learn how to play american football let alone at an NFL level. He would be very lucky to make a practice squad for Oakland...

The Who said:
I have two relatives by marriage who both play college football in the US as punters (They are Victorians). One plays for Old Miss and in their latest match they broke the attendance record - 110,000-plus!
How amazing for 'schoolboy' football, and we get excited when we get a crowd near 20,000 to watch the best quality RL in the world.

The obvious headline: Hayne Plane flies to the States.

Wow - Wolfman got suspended for being our punter. Just shows how corrupt the NFL is. :p

Good luck to him for following his dreams but I doubt he will land on a team this year as already finished week 6, best bet is to stay over there during the off season and go to training camp and try his luck. Would like to know what position he thinks he will try

I will stop supporting manly if barba happens

Seems like they are tailoring a team to suit DCE, if this is the case

Not a good strategy.

Good thing is though that now Parra can pay Choc every cent

He can't realistically cut it in the NFL. I'm assuming he'd be a tight end. He has no idea how to read a defence, run routes, nothing. You can't just learn it in an offseason either because there is a fresh crop of college guys coming out who know how to do everything better than he will ever know.

Practice squad pay is 80,000 a year which is probably the best he can hope for at this point. And none of their contracts are guaranteed beyond a signing bonus. Very strange move...

Snake to Parra and Barba to manly. Hmmmmm

Not ideal but I'm not totally against it.

Brisbane weren't able to get the best out of him but his best is Dally M medal winning material.

I hope Hayne is back in time to celebrate the Eels going 30 years without a premiership.

Here though is my fear with this:

This is a strategic move by Parra to clear room to sign Choc and maybe Brett Stewart NOW. Hayne will go for a year, fail (because the idea is ludicrous to anyone who has watched more than 5 minutes of NFL), and come back for 2016 when the NRL will be able to top up marquee player salaries, so Parra will only be on the hook for a portion of his pay.

This smells a little fishy, or possibly eelish...

RE: Hayne quits Parra to join NFL

He appears to be going to play with the Chicken - Hawks.

They aren't a bad team having won the Superbowl last year beating the AFC Denver Broncos. However, most pundits feel the AFC is weaker than the NFC.

I'd have him in special teams as a kick returner. Maybe give him a few downs as a running back but I think he's a bit light for that position.

I don't know if he'll like the planned play that says you have to be here at a certain point - there is very little freedom in the run-back.

Hey Smith are you going to throw the cheque book open to keep him?

Barba = best mates with dce

If it were to happen you could see the thinking

He's not going to the Seahawks

He has no contract and no trials, nothing.

It will be up to him and his manager to sort somthing somewhere for him

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6