Hayne quits Parra to pursue NFL career

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
“This is one of those clear cut cases where I would have been happy to use my marquee player discretion to try to keep Jarryd in the NRL,” Smith said.

O.k., so, um let me get this straight in my head, there seems to be little support for rewarding loyal players in the NRL at present, but the NRL can use discretion basically to do whatever they want for (potential) defectors........really........??!! So what if every player wanted to do this at say the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles and.......! Oh dear, don't worry I can't get it straight at all....!! :dodgy:

.........the NRL are far too crooked for my little brain.....! :blush:

Meh. Hayne Schmayne. The NRL was going to collapse when Barnes, Rogers, Sailor, Tuquiri, Blacklock, $BW, Gasnier, Folau. Hunt etc etc all shuffled off to other codes.

No big deal, there'll be other Haynes.

“This is one of those clear cut cases where I would have been happy to use my marquee player discretion to try to keep Jarryd in the NRL,” Smith said.

O.k., so, um let me try and get this straight in my head, there seems to be little support for rewarding loyal players in the NRL at present, but the NRL can use discretion basically to do whatever they want for (potential) defectors........really........??!! So what if every player wanted to defect or whatever and say they were all from the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles and so would this mean we could get lots and lots of money to try and keep them.......??!! Oh dear, don't worry I can't get it straight at all....!! :dodgy:

.........the NRL are far too crooked for my little brain.....! :blush:

So if Hayne has not released by the Eels but given a temporary leave pass to try NFL, then that means he should still be counted under the Eels 2015 cap.

So if Gift had have said he was going to NFL, he could have got more money to stay at Manly? Toddy? Mr Smith? Please explain?

Its refreshing to see a guy chase a dream rather than it all about being money. Good luck to him and the NRL will be poorer without him.

His departure I anticipate will lead to a flurry of transfer activity. Lets hope its all over soon and not drawn out.

Harry said:
Mail out of Penrith suggesting Matt Moylan will replace Jarryd Hayne in Australian Four Nations squad

spot on. Moylan named in squad 4pm today any more mail that good

zambuck said:
spot on. Moylan named in squad 4pm today any more mail that good

If there wasn't a risk of injury I'd personally have loved to have seen Snake get the nod with Inglis playing centre because I don't think there is a more deserving fullback in the NRL. I mean, if not for injury, bogus suspension and the love affair they have with Billy Slater (more because of the "Melbourne connection with Smith, Inglis, Folau and later Cronk [plus the Qld domination of Origin])....Snake should have played a lot more than just one single test for his country.

But, at the same time I can understand the look to the future with the Kangaroos.

As for Hayne? Good luck to him....but I have my doubts he'll make it in the NFL.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Hamster Huey said:
I support Hayne's decision to pack it in and try something else, but note the difference in Parra's treatment of somebody else who'd had 'enough' and didn't have his 'heart' in it anymore, mid-contract.

I think this is drawing a short straw HH, he's leaving the game and going to the US.

It WOULD have been different if he announced he was quitting mid contract and joining another NRL team.

Really what does Parramatta do, say he can't go???

There was no indication that Lyon was going to any other NRL club when he headed back to Wee Waa, and the whinging in the weeks immediately after were feral.

All about leaving them short after walking out mid-contract, impacting on the squad that couldn't just replace him straight up. The going elsewhere stuff was down the track, and I'm simply comparing the two impacts on the Parra squad in the immediate aftermath.

My mail is that Hayne is pursuing a career in the NFL, and the particular position he has his eye on is similar to the one that George Costanza held with the NY Yankees.

Maybe he's been giving us a clue all these years with his post try celebrations.
Hayne Plane....to the US.:p

I stand by what I said earlier.

Now Smith had a Souths v Dogs final with "the two biggest fan bases", I think he'd like a stronger Parra on the field. Hayne will be back in 2016 and parra will only have to pay a pittance and the NRL will "top up" the rest of his pay. Just wait...

(That's my tin foil hat brigade moment)

I am not surprised by this one bit and that the move wasn't made earlier.

Parra have been assisting Jarryd's ambitions by throwing NFL forward passes for years.

Hot bitches await, gee I thought the Northen Beaches were full of them , maybe he could come to Manly and if Snake hates the joint he goes to his mate Brad!!

Why didn't Snake follow his great mate Kelly Egan to the dogs. Surely seeing how he has such great bonds with assistant coaches and how many we've had over the last decade he would have gone by now. Shheeesshh what a fkn load of sht these journos are.

ManlyBacker said:
I am not surprised by this one bit and that the move wasn't made earlier.

Parra have been assisting Jarryd's ambitions by throwing NFL forward passes for years.

Haha. Been going on for years. Didn't our ex-coach break a door over an incident.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2