Hayne Killing it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Inglis is certainly an athlete as well, don't know if he has the agility of hayne though, how about SBW about six years ago, how would he have gone?

Oh man, why they gotta do this...

Just temper your expectations folks. The returns, well nice and all but he won't be returning punts or kicks. There are two guys above him on the depth chart.

He's also running against the third string D again. A lot of starters were not even allowed to play by their teams because the field there is dodge.

Just everyone take a breath a settle down...
We are truly blessed to have a genuine NFL expert in our midst to keep us real.
Me, I am loving seeing him carve up the yanks and make a splash.
Pardon my ignorance :D

Can Hayne now be poached by a better, richer club / Franchise? If the 49ers field is crap, dangerous, if the club is generally unsuccessful, then would JH do well to keep his options open ? or is it too late? U NFL experts can answer.

Dont think there will be Mass Exodus, but even if there is a Mini Exodus, then this NRL Administration deserve everything they get.
Toddy and Dave are too blind to see it coming, to stupid to do anything to counteract it, and to up-themselves to realise they have contributed to any exodus of ANY size. :finger:

Can Hayne now be poached by a better, richer club / Franchise? If the 49ers field is crap, dangerous, if the club is generally unsuccessful, then would JH do well to keep his options open ? or is it too late? U NFL experts can answer.

Dont think there will be Mass Exodus, but even if there is a Mini Exodus, then this NRL Administration deserve everything they get.
Before judging the current NRL administration based on Murdoch's propaganda campaign, hear how truly credible, unbiased media (The Australian Financial Review) reports current events:

http://www.afr.com/business/media-a...o-fury-like-a-murdoch-scorned-20150824-gj6hla

I'm no expert, but my understanding is that if the Niners don't pick up Hayne, then another team probably will.

Any NFL players capable of making it in Rugby League?

Inglis is certainly an athlete as well, don't know if he has the agility of hayne though, how about SBW about six years ago, how would he have gone?
Greg Inglis will probably be an immortal, Hayne won't even get a look in. I think that says it all really.

Hayne is probably better at passing and that's about all he has on GI, who when fully fit is just as quick, has a better fend, is bruising in defence, can step, run great lines, and in many peoples opinion, is the most complete athlete the game has ever seen.

I can't stand GI, but if I take my bias away for two seconds, the guy stands out like dogs balls on the footy field.

Toddy and Dave are too blind to see it coming, to stupid to do anything to counteract it, and to up-themselves to realise they have contributed to any exodus of ANY size. :finger:
He will still be lucky to make the 49er's, let alone get poached by another club.

I'll admit I didn't think Hayne could make it in the NFL.

I'll also admit to being wrong. He may not be a 'first stringer' straight up, but he is going to make a few people sit up and take notice. Actually, he's already doing that.

When you look at the footage of his kick returns, its no different to what he did in the NRL. Actually, right now it might be a touch easier. He already has pace and evasive skills that come with being an outside back, but in the NFL, kick returners also have blockers who's job it is to clear a path through the defence. Even without blockers, Hayne was one of the best kick returning fullbacks in rugby league (I'd have loved to have seen him playing on the wing for Manly.....wing because we already have Snake ;) )

It might also turn NFL scouts onto the fact that rugby league fullbacks and wingers could definitely make it in the game. Someone like Tommy Trbojevic (if he was interested) could probably make a LOT more playing in the NFL than he ever could in the NRL.

Last edited:
And he is probably the story of the 49'ers pre-season because the other stories are:

- One of their best rookies last year retiring because he doesn't want to get brain damage from concussions
- One of their best defenders getting arrested again and sacked
- Their field is terrible and people are scared to play on it
- Their team looks crap and is no chance in their div

This is only a story because it's preseason and no real games have started. Most of the stars of the league haven't even played a down yet! Once the season proper starts, **** gets real, fast.
Nope. You misread what I said Loobs.

Hayne was not ranked by the commentator as the story of the 49'ers preseason. He was ranked by the commentator as the story of the NFL preseason. He is big news over there already. The commentator said this: "We've all watched a lot of football this pre-season. I'll say it right now. This is this story of the pre-season in Pro Football."

Here's the link, listen to the end of the video:
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/us-spor...g-against-dallas-cowboys-20150824-gj6ekk.html

Manfred Moore had a crack for the bluebags. Didn't last long though.
Great memory, BH. Frank Farrington, Singo and Jack Gibson recruited him to the Newtown Jets. But Warren Ryan was the coach when he played. Great publicity stunt. He lasted five games before going back to America.

Edit: Have strong doubts about the Warren Ryan part above. Got it off another website, but suspect it is confusion with Warren's famous "NFL" recruit Greg Smith.

Last edited:
OK - Can people stop saying they aren't used to the palm in the US?

Has anyone seen the Heisman Trophy? It is literally someone in the process of fending. It's been around for like 80 years...
I hear ya, Loobs.
Mrs from Nebraska, college football, her mob are always talking about Heisman trophy winners, etc.

Just read an article from Ninersfans.com reporter Ryan Sakamoto. Here's a bit of what he had to say about Hayne.

"So I am just going to be a man and admit I was wrong about San Francisco 49ers rookie RB Jarryd Hayne not making the 53-man roster. Yes, I said that he wouldn't crack the roster due to the depth the team already invested in the position, but with two preseason games under his belt, I believe he not only solidified his spot on the team but will become the team's primary punt-returner Week 1."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/us-spor...s-20150823-gj618c.html#comments#ixzz3jk9IlhEm
----------------------------------------------
Hopefully he gets a go against the big boys

OK - Can people stop saying they aren't used to the palm in the US?

Has anyone seen the Heisman Trophy? It is literally someone in the process of fending. It's been around for like 80 years...
They call it a stiff arm. Bloody woosie girls. You call THAT a stiff arm?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2