Hayne Killing it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't know much about NFL but i hope he kills it. Was he actually that good today?
I'll report after i give it a watch

But he did rush for game high overall yardage and single rushing play

Also read he made 6 yards from deep in goal, he could've taken a knee and got 20 but he ran and stole an extra 6

I don't know much about NFL but i hope he kills it. Was he actually that good today?
Yes and no. In yardage terms yes but that's skewed from one run. Think of it this way: if someone reeled off a big run in a league trial match after the starters had been subbed off would you be blown away or would you think "not bad but..."?

I'll report after i give it a watch

But he did rush for game high overall yardage and single rushing play

Also read he made 6 yards from deep in goal, he could've taken a knee and got 20 but he ran and stole an extra 6
Haha dude if you are going to sit through a 49'ers v Texans pre season game then you are a brave man...

Yes and no. In yardage terms yes but that's skewed from one run. Think of it this way: if someone reeled off a big run in a league trial match after the starters had been subbed off would you be blown away or would you think "not bad but..."?
Fair enough, but considering he has started playing NFL so late in his life i guess its a positive start. I really do hope he succeeds.

If Hayne makes it and is a success could be a big worry to the NRL, NFL scouts will be enticing our top players first graders along with identifying the best young genetic pool of players in the lower grades.

Not hard to tempt players when the earning capacity is 10,20,30,40,50 times what you can earn in the NRL.

In a roundabout way the same thing happened to the West Indies cricket talent pool in the 80's and 90's when cable tv was making it's way into every household and showing the youth that there is more to life than Cricket and a lot more money to be made.

Basically the best natural physical talent stopped playing cricket and went to the NBA, NFL leaving the cricket talent pool with weaker less intimidating(physically speaking) Indian background players.

Hayne has football speed, not the fastest player but has a quick reacting mind that can see space in limited space and find/make space with great footwork, Slater has this talent also in the NRL.

People rate TT because holden cup so there's that

If Hayne makes it and is a success could be a big worry to the NRL, NFL scouts will be enticing our top players first graders along with identifying the best young genetic pool of players in the lower grades.

Not hard to tempt players when the earning capacity is 10,20,30,40,50 times what you can earn in the NRL.

In a roundabout way the same thing happened to the West Indies cricket talent pool in the 80's and 90's when cable tv was making it's way into every household and showing the youth that there is more to life than Cricket and a lot more money to be made.

Basically the best natural physical talent stopped playing cricket and went to the NBA, NFL leaving the cricket talent pool with weaker less intimidating(physically speaking) Indian background players.

Hayne has football speed, not the fastest player but has a quick reacting mind that can see space in limited space and find/make space with great footwork, Slater has this talent also in the NRL.

What is going to happen if he actually scores a TD ??? Good luck to him, but isn't the carry on a little OTT considering he hasn't actually done anything significant yet.

The thing about Hayne is that he has always had good balance through the contact which should suit him with the way they "tackle" over there. It's more about knocking people over, they aren't strong "tacklers" in our sense of the word, so Hayne will be able to bounce through a lot of that contact.

I really hope Hayne makes it. He's taken a punt (pardon the pun) and I respect that and I would definitely watch his games.

Guess they'll never ban the shoulder charge in NFL??

By the way good luck to him, hope he makes the cut.

I wish he had gone over there when he was 24 or younger as I worry that he might be just a little old for them to take a punt on. I really hope he makes the 53 but despite the good news we are getting I know it will be hard. He is such a top athlete that he must have some hope. Go get 'em!

Agreed cudos to the Hayne plane. Supreme athlete doing us proud in the U.S.
I like to see the guy doing well, he's a rare talent, I'm also happy to see him out of Parra colours, he was always a thorn in our side, it's a win win for me.

Hayne was always my favourite Non Manly player.

An awesome athlete and excitement machine.

I watch a bit of the NFL and will make a note of checking the 49ers from now on.

It may only be a trial but he still made the break and did himself no harm.

I'm excited for him and it will give him a kick along and improve his confidence for the next game.

Go get 'em Jarryd!

What is going to happen if he actually scores a TD ??? Good luck to him, but isn't the carry on a little OTT considering he hasn't actually done anything significant yet.

The thing about Hayne is that he has always had good balance through the contact which should suit him with the way they "tackle" over there. It's more about knocking people over, they aren't strong "tacklers" in our sense of the word, so Hayne will be able to bounce through a lot of that contact.
Yeah our press was seriously reporting that he scored a TD in training. That was ****ing embarrassing.

Why did he keep running over the sideline?
Hayne could always 'float'
A beautifuly balanced athlete like Shaun Johnson, Moylen and Tedesco
I wouldn't call Tedesco beautifully balanced...he has had to do a lot of work on his poor running style to try and combat the injuries. He slips over constantly as well. Moylan is certainly a balanced runner, as is Johnson.

I can't stand GI and I think Hayne has better football instincts, but Inglis is a more devastating runner; probably the most devastating athlete the game of RL has ever seen...it pains me to say it because I really cannot stand him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7