Hasler named Titans coach after shock Holbrook exit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
As much as we had all the dramas with Des, it still sticks in my throat when I see Des as coach of another club. He's Manly , we had so much success under him in Version 1.0 and I just hate seeing him elsewhere.
It's happened before with successful Manly coaches, I guess it's no different to Brisbane and Bennett and a lot of other clubs over the years, I would prefer to remember the good Hasler years than continuing down the road we were on over the past few years, if Seibold doesn’t turn the ship around then we have to move on from him too, apart from whoever is our coach it's obvious that the main problem at our club revolves around the Penn family, as we all know before their insertion we were a much better club than we are now

It's happened before with successful Manly coaches, I guess it's no different to Brisbane and Bennett and a lot of other clubs over the years, I would prefer to remember the good Hasler years than continuing down the road we were on over the past few years, if Seibold doesn’t turn the ship around then we have to move on from him too, apart from whoever is our coach it's obvious that the main problem at our club revolves around the Penn family, as we all know before their insertion we were a much better club than we are now
100%, The Rainbow gate fiasco all happened under Penn's watch, and probably with his knowledge to. Des would've still been the coach now,...ugh!!.. if Penn had only sold up a year or two ago.

The thing is , if Des had stayed on as coach this year I don't think we would be any different and everyone would be calling for his head. In fact I'd guess he'd be getting sacked about now.

The thing is , if Des had stayed on as coach this year I don't think we would be any different and everyone would be calling for his head. In fact I'd guess he'd be getting sacked about now.
I agree but the squad balance and rumours of playeres going might be a different level.
the fainus for sure
too early to call so we will see.
i think a few players like weeks, fainu etc have more gametime at this point than if des had coached

this coaching team has dce running a bit

Whether some fans like it or not we had to move on from Hasler, not saying things are any better under Seibold either although he's entitled to a couple of seasons at least to prove his worth imo, as a lifelong Manly fan I'm desperate for a return to the days of glory but it seems to me that for us to achieve consistency some tough decisions have to be made, some players will never reach the heights expected or hoped from them and need to be moved on. To win by 40 against the Dolphins then put on such inept displays in the ensuing games simply highlights the impact Turbo has on our game, Schuster looks like a fish out of water without Tom organising from the back, I don't know if we're ever going to get a full season out of Tom but clearly if we continue to rely on his presence we're not moving forward for seasons to come. If Melbourne can play to an acceptable level without Papenhuyzen we need to have a suitable replacement for Tom and even more importantly imo we need to find a proper 9, while Crokers defence is great his general dummy half work is sub par, the sooner the powers that be see what the rest of us see the sooner we can move forward

The Des effect has already begun on the Goldy.

They will be big improv3rs next season, just like the Doggies were when he went across, and we were in 2019.

Hasler may have had the right man in his proposed succession plan as well. Apparently Josh Hannay is getting a lot of credit for Queensland's attack from Supercoach Slater.

If the Titans land Hunt then Hasler will be landing into a really good situation.

Much better than any recent vacancy I can think of

tell you one thing for sure. Des will be back in his element in regards underwhelming training facilities at the Titans. They train out of a Local golf course 5 min from my place and gee it's pretty ordinary.

The club itself is fine but its really strange seeing 17 grown NRL players in a spa cool-down session right next to the over 80s aqua ladies' Monday 10 am class. there is one full size playing feild and not much else. Id say a lot worse than Narrabeen.

I can tell you what will happen on the GC under Des.
Because we have seen it 3 times now.

1. Will start off really well.
2. Will end really badly.

The only question is how long it is between points 1 and 2.

tell you one thing for sure. Des will be back in his element in regards underwhelming training facilities at the Titans. They train out of a Local golf course 5 min from my place and gee it's pretty ordinary.

The club itself is fine but its really strange seeing 17 grown NRL players in a spa cool-down session right next to the over 80s aqua ladies' Monday 10 am class. there is one full size playing feild and not much else. Id say a lot worse than Narrabeen.
And it floods when there is a light drizzle. The place is a swamp.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10