Has the time come?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Has the time come to overthrow the howard regime?

The IR forms coupled with the sedition laws will likely see me charged for even posting this but I am sick of the owner ship of this government. THey treat us like stupid puppies that need to be controlled looked after and rather than doing what is good for US the people of this great nation, they do what is good for them in order to keep them in power and to keep their bank accounts rolling.

I for one have had a gut full and do not like the way this country is headed! It is a sham and the Australian identity and way of life is fading and crumbling

We need radical reform on immagration
Radical reform on civil rights
Radical reform on health care.

We need a change. I think it is time for those of us with brains, those of us smart enough to see what is happening and those of us smart enough to see where this country is heading. It is nearing the time for us to push for a change and to stop thinking about our wallets and start thinking about our future and the future of our children.
Do we want them living in a nation dominated by money and power, where freedom is controlled and a disjointed slavery?
Are we that concerned with money that we want to lose the Australian way of life?
The money we fight, claw and slog our guts out for today will be worth nothing if things continue the way they are.

The US is starting to have minor movements toward the same things and Australia will not be far behind, if we want things to change, we need to change them!

Well the dumb rednecks voted him in and gave him a mandate to do as he pleases.

So now we reap what the convict rump of Australia sowed because they were bribed with fickle baubles that probably won't be delivered.

Short of shooting the whole lot of them, I can't see what else we can do.

then you have surrendered!

We are a democratic nations and still have laws in place to stop these bastards.

...nibble.....nibble

Yeah, I reckon this could end up being quite a long thread, as long as it doesn't get hi-jacked by the usual redneck neocon garbage.

Nutz. At this point none of the options. That is why the people need to act, not with the selections the government GIVE us but the option we the people want!

For mine, I would like to see Rudd as the leader of the ALP but not as PM!

Rudd as leader of the ALP is a better thought, however Labour is in such an diabolical position at the moment it would make no difference.

With the changes to IR laws the entire union movement is effectively a white elephant. Where is labour's support going to come from?

I do not support Labour, but until there is an actual opposition the Libs will continue to do whatever the hell they want and pass it off with the increasingly hollow retoric "we are building a stronger economy".

It appears the only politians that actually get anything done for their electorate is the independents.

How about the article at http://www.smh.com.au/news/opinion/more-than-ever-watch-what-you-say/2006/04/02/1143916406540.html ?

It starts:

More than ever, watch what you say
April 3, 2006

The Government should have listened to its members, write George Williams and David Hume.

Last week, Federal Parliament passed a law that allows the Government to read private emails, text messages and other stored communications without our knowledge. The power extends to innocent people, called B-parties, if they have been unlucky enough to communicate with someone suspected of a crime or of being a threat to national security.

Man... and don't give me that 'if you haven't done anything bad, you don't have anything to worry about' bs. Try telling yourself that when your girlfriend is stalked by a jealous ex-lover that just happens to have access to that information. Then he starts harrassing you and your family...

This is just the start.

With a majority jonny is going to revamp all his horrendous bills that have failed over the last 10 years.

Wait for the anti-abortion bill. It was coming but due to the strong responce for the anti-abortion drug control away from Abbot he has delayed it. He has an entire year of shafting us still before he goes quiet for 6 months then coming into the election passes a few superficial bills that look as though he is doing good all the time, then he will ride on that one through the election, start a smear campaign againt labor after publically asking for things to be kept clean. and why not, it worked last time, and what is more stupid is labor believed him about keeping it clean.

I still think as a nation we are too gullible and worried about our hip pockets. We need to be more concerned with the Australian way of life

Well this thread died in the arse after Dan took the pruning shears out unnecessarily , didn't it?

Not really it was posted late yesterday!

Your christianity debate and crusade was not the topic, so whether it would have increased participation or not, it was not the topic to be discussed here

no it did not stop side tracking

You were taking a moral stance and trying to turn the topic to religion. You are welcome to start a new thread on that if you wish.

Hmmm... religion and politics are entirely intermingled, especially these days.

I love how screwed up the Yanks have become with their beliefs. On the one hand they claim separation between church and state while on the other hand, well, everything from gay marriage to Intelligent Design and Science end up being brought up because of what they were taught in Sunday School.

Add to that the absolute rewriting of history: "oh, this is what the Founding Fathers really wanted!" when in reality, most of them were against the ingrained religious beliefs themselves.

Dan: I hate to break it to you, but this is exactly where Australia is headed.

I'd also like to add that 'overthrowing the regime' will not work. You'll be branded a terrorist long before you get anywhere.

The only way that the system is going to change is if people get involved with politics. You all need to go and join a political party: it doesn't matter which one you support, so long as you have a real say in how things run...

It's all good to call for revolution and so on, but that's all been outlawed long ago. Surely you saw that the day when protesters were assigned a fenced in area for protesting with their freedom of speech?

Join a party. Run for office. Make a difference.

Dan: I hate to break it to you, but this is exactly where Australia is headed.

That is my pointm so you aren't breaking anything to me!

You were taking a moral stance and trying to turn the topic to religion. You are welcome to start a new thread on that if you wish.

Nonsense. In saying that you are imposing your own theology just as much as I was.

I couple of further comments:

1. I think my signature adequately sums up my attitude to religion and the neo-con Christian Right. I wonder if those fools honestly think that Jesus would ever join up to their agenda? Gumbies!

2. Isn't it interesting to see the French rioting again today regarding IR reforms in France? Meantime our useless Gen Y university goers are obsessing about where their next root is going to come from.

[quote author=Daniel]

Nonsense. In saying that you are imposing your own theology just as much as I was.
[/quote]

Your post said (paraphrased)

"You are a lone voice in the wilderness.
Your battle is against something here and now
My battle is against something far more important and lasting"

and so on. This is off topic it is clearly designed to change the topic toward religion. There is no dodging it. I didnt want the actual topic of the post to be changed. So the pruning was justified

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6