Has Des improved anyone?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interested if you think that any player has improved under Des’s tenure?
Tommy Tissue......wouldn’t know as doesn’t play
Garrick..... no
Parker....no
Walker..,,no
Suli.......no
Foran.....no
DCE..... haha please!!!!
Jake ...... no
etc etc etc
Tapau , i think is playing up to his usual standard and Paseka has improved, Harper when given opportunity at least tried hard ....... but the rest are both defensively and offensively in reverse, under Des....IMO
I suppose you could say AFB was playing at his best last year, so obviously we had to let him go, no point in keeping a player who's getting better, probably same with Api.

To be fair, all was going well until the Canberra game last year, from which point, there’s been an avalanche of injuries, barely the same team taking the field for two games in a row and never the top 17.
I really don’t think you can judge.
Even before that I had doubts tho... they celebrate tries together yes but they dont seem to get around each other during other parts of the game... maybe I am imagining things or just comparing them to teams that are over the top - but then those teams (Storm, Parramatta, Riff, Rorters) are also AT the top...

Even before that I had doubts tho... they celebrate tries together yes but they dont seem to get around each other during other parts of the game... maybe I am imagining things or just comparing them to teams that are over the top - but then those teams (Storm, Parramatta, Riff, Rorters) are also AT the top...
Does this not come down to the captain?

Does this not come down to the captain?
It may very well... but there is also the 'horse to water' adage...

I think it is about buying into that 'we succeed and fail together' ethos and also having trust in each other... the captain definitely has to lead by example but you also need everybody wanting to row in the same direction....

it may all be perception though and the group may be tight... @Snake has probably got a better insight into the team dynamic (and may also not want to get involved)...

To be fair, all was going well until the Canberra game last year, from which point, there’s been an avalanche of injuries, barely the same team taking the field for two games in a row and never the top 17.
I really don’t think you can judge.
Make a good point but still can not discount the lack of urgency and competitive mindset , mediocre defence and key players not aiming up consistently since then . Injuries and disjointed line ups have played a part but just so many other areas that have let the sides down since then and continues to . Jake and some others are trying to set an example and good benchmark levels , just need the rest of the playing group to follow suit .

Two years ago I would have said yes, he's improved Parker, Garrick (turned him into a first grader) and Jetski. Fast forward to today and the whole team has been sliding backwards at an alarming rate. We're stuck with him for this season and another at least, so here's hoping he can turn it around. Again.
Players look good when on the front foot. When we had gun runners in the middle (Api, Fainu), and a gun fullback slicing through from the back everyone else was on the front foot, and they all look good in space.

Its sad to see so much effort in games, and nothing as a result.

But back to the question, with the same cattle Des' teams play better. Barrett is a muppet and always will be.

NYEagle

I ask all of u after watching us vs Sts to come back here and list those players u feel have improved.
Last week with a new coach duds like Hunt and Norman improved heaps under their new coach!!
Come on Des u need to lift and motivate our backline from DCE to Walker to improve.... not regress

In my opinion, Des Hasler is quickly becoming Tim Sheens Mk II - a great coach in his day, but yesterday is not today.

I wouldn't sack him just yet, I can't see any quality coaches putting their hand up to get involved with the club in its current state, would be an almost assured career suicide barring a miracle.

I'm very aware of the fact we have been at our best when a Manly man was in charge but we're going to need a Neil Henry type coach to build a squad followed by a premiership credentialed one to get them over the line.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm not seeing much to prove otherwise.

Failing all of the above we can always try giving Bennett a ring if the club is serious. If not I think we're headed for the $20M cash payment in exchange to relocate, the Penn's are businessmen after all and that would be a great way to get a return on their investment :think:

Last edited:
We're running a single cylinder lawn mower engine with low oil.
The Good news is that history has proven time and time again
Our Legendary club the Manly Sea eagles has always soared above adversity and prevailed !

a great way to get a return on their investment :think:
Good morning Oliver

Speaking of a Great return on our Investment ....

A once off Manly Club membership investment Gives Manly fans savings all year round !!!

The Club Membership discount from the Mudgee game ticket and all the Manly Merchandise I have just about got my money back from my initial once only outlay

My recent purchase is the best looking NRL training Tee. Feels light to wear and looks sexy

Tough times never last at Manly
Because The heart and soul of our club
The Passionate Manly people always stick around and turn things around
Become one of them by becoming a proud and passionate Manly club member today
And be the Inspiration our club thrives on
20210324_082024.jpg
EmG8ZOOVoAE4gM6 (1).jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10