Has anyone actually thought....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
that Des may lose the lockeroom?

It has happened at other clubs after coach has announced he's going somewhere else what's not to say it won't happen here

If that happens then that's fine. It will be the players that will make that call and ultimately they are the only reason he is being kept around. If the players didn't want him there he'd be at Belmore right now.

He loses control of the locker room and he's gone.

It will be interesting to see how it develops. Des strikes me as a fairly complex character who can obviously be very intense. This sort of intensity can be a double edged sword.

On the one hand in can generate respect and loyalty where players & staff want to give their best in an effort to repay this trust in kind. However the flipside is... this sort of all controlling, my way or the highway attitude can lead to resentment if people feel they aren't getting a fair go.

I think as much as some of the players will be uncertain about what the future holds without Des, I also think most of them will be looking forward to the change. With Tooves taking over there will definitely be a new feel but not as much as it would have been if they'd brought in an outsider.

It'll go one of two ways with the players:
1. They'll all bind together and want to give Des one final hurrah before he moves on.

2. They'll think "stuff him" and underperform to make Des seem inadequate and try and get him sent packing mid season.

I dare say it'll be #1 however. An angry Manly side wanting to go out with a big bang. This of course all depends on if the board can pull their finger out and resolve the bigger issues involving the club at present.

MrInvisible said:
1. They'll all bind together and want to give Des one final hurrah before he moves on.

2. They'll think "stuff him" and underperform to make Des seem inadequate and try and get him sent packing mid season.

I dare say it'll be #1 however. An angry Manly side wanting to go out with a big bang. This of course all depends on if the board can pull their finger out and resolve the bigger issues involving the club at present.

Well done genius! boot off back to belmore

MrInvisible said:

I'm hoping for Dessie's sake its number 1 as well because its going to be at least another 5 years before he wins another premiership if he doesn't ;) BTW is number 2 what your team did to Kevin Moore this year? I'd find it funny if Jim Dymock got you guys to the finals next year then you never made it after that under Des.

I'd still like Hasler to be out there running the water, or licking envelopes for membership drives. Keep him employed, though.

eagles2win said:
that Des may lose the lockeroom?

It has happened at other clubs after coach has announced he's going somewhere else what's not to say it won't happen here

Brookie isn't really that big - it would be hard to lose the locker room.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2