Harper's been so bad he needs to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Harper was more than average but so were many more... i have calmed down slightly now re the shi* show & I think it would do long term damage not to give them the opportunity to bounce back next week!

I dont think I've ever seen a worse performance in a semi and we are only 45 minutes in. I dont think he can come back from that this season. He has been average for a few weeks now and this is the icing on the cake. His confidence will be shot and its tike to take the gamble with Suli!!!
Or get a gun. Put one bullet in it and play Russian roulette..... suli? Walker to 4? Thats exactly what you are asking for.

Yes he had a bad night but so did most of the side.

I’m not sure what the fuss was on Harper all year anyway, he put Saab in space nicely a few times, , is enthusiastic. But he is far from fast powerful or dynamic.

I’m prepared to Persevere with him but he is pretty limited as it stands so when he doesn’t get the basics right like tonight, there isnt anything else there and he looks horrible

Tom had been awful too. Should we get rid of him also? Harper's had a tough night. Olam is a beast.
Olam needs to mix his game beyond the stop at the line and use power and footwork option, he needs to run some direct go forward angry lines at pace also like Kaufusi.

Or get a gun. Put one bullet in it and play Russian roulette..... suli? Walker to 4? Thats exactly what you are asking for.

Yes he had a bad night but so did most of the side.
Suli is the obvious choice. After his last game and then you put that against Harper's last game then its a simple answer that Suli should get a chance. As others have said Harper has been ok this season but his last month has been poor. I think most of us were happy just to have a centre that didn't leak points but now Harper is doing that and making mistakes and not really contributing In attack.

Olam needs to mix his game beyond the stop at the line and use power and footwork option, he needs to run some direct go forward angry lines at pace also like Kaufusi.
Seemed to work out alright for him, TC.

We were completely out of sync down that side. Little wonder Melbourne kept going there.

Tom wasn't awful, he was quiet but far from awful. Harper had a shocker in every way and was responsible for 3 tries (18 points) against us. I mentioned that Harper has been off his game for a while. Even during our hot streak how often have we seen him make a line break or score a try? He looks gassed and now low on confidence, not a great combination at the business end of the season. He is usually a solid defender and that's what has kept him in the team but after tonight I'm not sure he can/will come good next week.
Yeah fair enough but Tom did not one good thing really. By his standards he was awful. They all were really. Write off. Go again

Harper has shown what he can do during the season and was the man to replace Suli. I'll show faith and let him work on this game.
Naa. He's lost form. Perhaps he's playing with an injury. I've never been a Suli fan but he is our best chance of making some headway in the centres. We must change up our team a little if we want to progress further. Parker was his solid, unspectacular self. Didn't miss any tackles but didn't dent the line.
Unless we can get The Shoe back to his attacking best we are doomed. Try him from the bench.

Tom was not awful. The Storm were too good in containing him and our fowards did not create space or momentum for him. He is still human. We did not play well as a team.

Seemed to work out alright for him, TC.

We were completely out of sync down that side. Little wonder Melbourne kept going there.
It's about going beyond safe and effective and adding all facets to your play. I like the lines he sometimes runs in the red zone but during our go forward sets i think he can be even more damaging hitting the defensive line at pace or with some direct lines.

Tom was not awful. The Storm were too good in containing him and our fowards did not create space or momentum for him. He is still human. We did not play well as a team.
What you saw today is more the kind of performances Tom would offer under the previous speed of the game and set defensive lines, along with more depth in the quality of teams and hardened youngsters not lacking game time from Covid lockdown.

Tom is an exceptional player but in saying that his numbers are in many respects inflated due to the above.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8