Harawira-Naera and Okunbor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd take Harawira-Naera in a heartbeat.

We need talent like this.

I'd even take Okunbor.

Many might disagree. But we are in need of quality but probably don't have the coin.
It's not their ability as footballers that's in question. The club would need to determine that they are good humans. We have some players who have brought the club down in various ways. Do we need to risk others?
I'm sure the character of players will play an increasingly important role in recruitment decisions.

Haven't they been deregistered and cast aside forever by teh NRL?

Surely these "what about" threads should have some realms of possibility before getting an airing?

No, the won their appeals today, so back in the game.

Okunbor 14 matches and $22.5k fine
CHN 10 matches and $15k fine.

Because they won the appeal they are still bulldog players.. so my hope of CHN has gone out the window

It's not their ability as footballers that's in question. The club would need to determine that they are good humans. We have some players who have brought the club down in various ways. Do we need to risk others?
I'm sure the character of players will play an increasingly important role in recruitment decisions.

I take your point Who. And it's a concern.

But sometimes all it takes is a change of scenery.

I have to believe this. We are going backwards.....and fast.

So I think I'd take the risk.

We need to get rid of Croker, Gosbadski, Paseka, Parker, Garrick, Tafua, Thompson, Levi and just start again

An over reaction IMO.

Parker and Garrick played for the Prime Ministers team last year and Garrick Australia in the 9s.

We have a team out of form but lets not start rewriting the narrative and claming these guys are reserve graders.

Also still keen on Paseka

Definitely CHN. He is a gun. Would look great running off DCEs shoulder.

Clear out Boyle, Thompson (already leaving), Gosiewski, Croker, Taufua and Elliott. Try sign 2/3 of CHN, Sailor / Saab and a cheapish hooker (Peats? Anyone other than Levi/Croker... Starling, Walters, Lam, Granville, Lawton, Rein?)

Seems like they're getting a chunk of cash back.

Bulldogs players Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor will have their contracts back paid after the NRL's appeals committee reversed their sackings over the Port Macquarie schoolgirl sex scandal.

Harawira-Naera and Okunbor will be owed tens of thousands of dollars, and are free to resurrect their NRL careers, under a ruling from an independent body which left the governing body "disappointed".

The NRL made little attempt to hide its frustration with the appeals committee's ruling, which will ensure Harawira-Naera and Okunbor are paid their contracts back to April 1 minus their fines and the player-agreed pay cuts this season.

"The NRL took the action which it considered necessary given the serious breaches of the code of conduct - breaches the appeals committee also found to be serious," Abdo said.

"The independent appeals committee has taken a different view on what penalty the players should face and although we are disappointed, we respect the outcome."

The Rugby League Players Association "welcomed" the decision of the appeals committee, chaired by High Court judge Ian Callinan.

We need to get rid of Croker, Gosbadski, Paseka, Parker, Garrick, Tafua, Thompson, Levi and just start again

I even think we need to get rid of DCE to clear out cap space, but no one is going to take him except the Titans, and that might be a burned bridge
I think Brisbane would take him in a heartbeat ,(once they get rid of Darius's contract)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4