Happy days .. but WTF ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Great to hear you are doing the Eagle rock in your undies feathered friend as I have gone full monty with those resilient wins in the last two weeks

What was the turn around you ask ?

The turn around was our game against the warriors . The game no one gave us a chance with out Turbo and with injury to players before and during the match when we lost Walker and Jetski .

The Turn around was a turn around of attitude by the resilient attitude by all of our players .

Tommy does make an impact but the biggest impact made from a team is the resilient attitude from very player

THE MORAL OF THE STORY
OUR ATTITUDE IS THE MAIN CAUSE OF OUR CHANGE OF ALTITUDE ON THE NRL LADDER

2021 LADDER​

TeamPWDLPDPts
1Panthers660012212
2Storm6402868
3Rabbitohs5401838
4Roosters6402788
5Dragons5401428
6Eels5401368
7Titans5302456
8Raiders5302136
9Knights6303-156
10Sharks6204144
11Warriors5203-94
12Tigers5104-662
13Broncos6105-672
14Cowboys5104-1012
15Sea Eagles5104-1214
16Bulldogs5005-1400

I'm damaged forever

Great to hear you are doing the Eagle rock in your undies feathered friend as I have gone full monty with those resilient wins in the last two weeks

What was the turn around you ask ?

The turn around was our game against the warriors . The game no one gave us a chance with out Turbo and with injury to players before and during the match when we lost Walker and Jetski .

The Turn around was a turn around of attitude by the resilient attitude by all of our players .

Tommy does make an impact but the biggest impact made from a team is the resilient attitude from very player

THE MORAL OF THE STORY
OUR ATTITUDE IS THE MAIN CAUSE OF OUR CHANGE OF ALTITUDE ON THE NRL LADDER

2021 LADDER​

TeamPWDLPDPts
1Panthers660012212
2Storm6402868
3Rabbitohs5401838
4Roosters6402788
5Dragons5401428
6Eels5401368
7Titans5302456
8Raiders5302136
9Knights6303-156
10Sharks6204144
11Warriors5203-94
12Tigers5104-662
13Broncos6105-672
14Cowboys5104-1012
15Sea Eagles5104-1214
16Bulldogs5005-1400
That’s the ladder before yesterday’s slaughter in Mudgee, Feathered Friend.

The team now sits proudly in 12th place.

The whole team was immense in defence yesterday... my concern is that the tits inability to deal with that made our win look better than it may have been against a more experienced side...

Look at the Broncos and tigpies who both played similar high-pressure styles of game by getting up and putting pressure on the ball players and edge forwards... the difference being that the riff and vermin were patient and took their limited opportunities...

Time will tell but I am just enjoying the win yesterday and not getting ahead of myself atm... the next 2 weeks will tell us where we sit in the competition with Tom on board...

That’s the ladder before yesterday’s slaughter in Mudgee, Feathered Friend.

The team now sits proudly in 12th place.
Perspective time on our proud moment on the ladder

Our pride is not where we currently sit

Our pride is how we are soaring into the top 8 by our resilient change of course

The stats tell us we win 3 from 4 with him most times he is on the park and only about 1 in 3 with him not playing!

he always seems to be in the right place at the right time!

Our recent run is 28% win ratio when he is out ... you'd think after some 8 years of similar experience with Snake and Tommy ... somebody between scoffing the curried egg and lettuce, and the salmon and cucumber sandwiches at a recruitment meeting ... would have suggested we do something about it ...

Potential point of consideration - most teams played three trial matches - a ‘nothing trial’ against A-grade opposition, then two trials at NRL level. So, most first grade players would have had at least an hour or so in game time ahead of the season starting. First four rounds, we looked waaay off the pace - tired, lethargic, disconnected from one another. I’d suggest Des was being cautious with injuries, but I personally think it hurt us - we were nit battle ready compared to other teams, especially considering the quality of our opposition in the first four rounds.

The vision in my mind of you running around the backyard in your undies is just too much for me mate, I can't unsee what my, minds eye has shown me. I was going up the dam for a barbie and a few frothies to celebrate the win but I'm having convulsions, I'm done :=(

My sincerest apologies old mate ... nobody should have to suffer imagining my male bits flippy and flopping to the chords of Eagle Rock ...

"Neighbors"?
Do you live in the USA?
In this country we have "neighbours", not "neighbors".

Thank you for correcting me ... I did live in the states (shiite, should states have a capital S) for a while and was married to a Southern Belle ... my son is a dual citizen and set up my computer ... he has probably set the language to that most ridiculous of non existent things called "American English" ... I have seen both spellings of words such as mom/mum cheque/check for so long the difference no longer resonates with me ....

But I do get your very excellent point ... this is probably the type of discussion that was descended into at the recruitment meetings when somebody mis-spelt replccmet fullback ..

Last edited:
Happy days ... even the neighbors didn't seem to mind my dancing around my back yard in my undies ...

For the past months I have been saying that we have a top 6 squad ... even amongst the hysterical cries that we have a group of players who should never be allowed near a first grade team ... and whilst some are not stars .. all are capable of good 1st grade performances, ....

SO ... why the huge turn around, in form, structure, willing defence, attacking flair, commitment and completion rates ?

Are you going to say Turbo is back ... really? ... You may be right, he had a great game and a hand in every thing ... but seriously ?

Was every other player's form over the past 15 games dependent on his return, are our structures so fragile that he is essential to them existing ? .. Does his very presence turn the worst defensive line into the best ? .. Does just seeing him getting changed alter the attitude and commitment of our entire team ? ... and best of all, does he have magic powers that suddenly see us stop dropping balls and completing 17 from 18 sets ?

If you answered yes to all the above ... heaven help us ... may he never get injured again because the careers of 29 players and the coach depend on him ...
And therefore we are definitely not a top 6 team. 'Fragile' is the word, all right.

The whole team was immense in defence yesterday... my concern is that the tits inability to deal with that made our win look better than it may have been against a more experienced side...

Look at the Broncos and tigpies who both played similar high-pressure styles of game by getting up and putting pressure on the ball players and edge forwards... the difference being that the riff and vermin were patient and took their limited opportunities...

Time will tell but I am just enjoying the win yesterday and not getting ahead of myself atm... the next 2 weeks will tell us where we sit in the competition with Tom on board...
The titans did not seem to have a plan B. Better teams will.

Started wearing my membership 2021 Manly cap around for the first time yesterday , had to be the main reason for the terrific result . If only , have to say most likely in reality , the almost faultless completion rate in the i st half , getting in the faces of the Titans when they did keep possession , and some real attacking structure returning were the main factors . Tom can be that good and does make the crucial difference on many occasions , and Schuster "s class is going to have him as an integral part of the side in the future also . The side clicked finally yesterday , self belief would have gone up another few notches , just have to maintain the same enthusiasm level and commitment and playing structures and very hopefully yesterday "s result could be a real turnaround in their fortunes .

Our recent run is 28% win ratio when he is out ... you'd think after some 8 years of similar experience with Snake and Tommy ... somebody between scoffing the curried egg and lettuce, and the salmon and cucumber sandwiches at a recruitment meeting ... would have suggested we do something about it ...
I was actually thinking that someone that is so valuable should be more closely monitored and tested.

His hamstrings should be scanned
by ultra sound Every Monday morning.....not wait until there is a tear and send him off for a MRI scan and then put him in rehab!

just sayin’

One thing I will say is that having Turbo chiming into the backline made an immediate difference to Parker’s attacking game. One of the things I’ve noticed is that Parker runs a straight hard line, but carries the ball right handed which leaves him with no fend and the easiest of pickings for the opposition defensive line.

Turbo’s presence alone is enough to put some doubt in the defence, and this gives Parker that extra second or two to adjust his line towards a gap that may be small but will often be enough with the way he commits himself to hitting the line. It’s only a little thing, but over a few games Parker’s confidence will grow and grow as he realises that he’s not always on a hiding to nothing...

It’s the little things that make huge differences at times...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8