Happy commercial non-denominational autumn holiday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's Nood Friday

eagles2win said:
codewana said:
I seriously don't understand the chocolate egg from rabbits connection to Easter... Christians (like sheep of every religion) are a strange bunch.

Jesus wanted the chocolate eggs. They used to use M & M's but they kept falling through the holes in his hands.
But seriously, how awesome is it that we get so many public holidays every year because of some fictional beings birth, death etc. Why don't we also get Mickey mouse, Donald duck, inspector gadget, superman, Bart simpson, Santa claus and the tooth fairy's birthdays off too?

Mark from Brisbane said:
Jesus is here, he signed up today and has made 3 posts already....saw his name in another thread...thought it was quite funny...but isn't the world supposed to be ending in May??...maybe he's the real one!!

I knew he was a Manly fan! That Parramatta Jesus is really the devil in disguise.

Bunnies and eggs are pagan fertility symbols and the name Easter comes from Estre, the Anglo-Saxon Goddess of Spring.

So we celebrate Spring and Fertility in the Southern Hemisphere in Autumn?

Bones I detect you may be wavering in your Christian faith. May Inspector Gadget have mercy on your soul.

bones said:
It's Nood Friday

eagles2win said:
codewana said:
I seriously don't understand the chocolate egg from rabbits connection to Easter... Christians (like sheep of every religion) are a strange bunch.

Jesus wanted the chocolate eggs. They used to use M & M's but they kept falling through the holes in his hands.
But seriously, how awesome is it that we get so many public holidays every year because of some fictional beings birth, death etc. Why don't we also get Mickey mouse, Donald duck, inspector gadget, superman, Bart simpson, Santa claus and the tooth fairy's birthdays off too?
I'm pretty sure the bloke wasn't fictional. Equally I'm pretty sure he was a very charismatic schizophrenic who regular had those voices in his head telling him all sorts of stories.

Ralphie said:
bones said:
It's Nood Friday

eagles2win said:
codewana said:

I'm pretty sure the bloke wasn't fictional. Equally I'm pretty sure he was a very charismatic schizophrenic who regular had those voices in his head telling him all sorts of stories.

I'm actually spending today on the phones at lifeline, and I'm pretty sure I have just spoken to a bloke who fits that description.:huh:
Scarey but true.

Jesus wasn't fictional there is plenty of evidence he actually existed.

Jeez after today's idioacy on the road, I may need to ring lifeline saw a guy try to over take me 20 - 30 kms over the limit with a car coming toward him. He skidded and had to veer off into a cane field. Then he has a go at me as he tried to go round me again I pointed to the doped limit sign and he looked sheepish and dropped behind me again. Idiots.

Not to mention someone doing a 3 point turn on the highway outside nanango

Lucky y'all aren't in Iran. You'd be dead by now.

Daniel said:
Jesus wasn't fictional there is plenty of evidence he actually existed.

Jeez after today's idioacy on the road, I may need to ring lifeline saw a guy try to over take me 20 - 30 kms over the limit with a car coming toward him. He skidded and had to veer off into a cane field. Then he has a go at me as he tried to go round me again I pointed to the doped limit sign and he looked sheepish and dropped behind me again. Idiots.

Not to mention someone doing a 3 point turn on the highway outside nanango

That's why we came home early. Driving the Bruce last Easter was terrifying.

We took the new England and Cunningham which is worse because it's like a country bloody road and locals have no respect for the road rules. Hopefully sunday will be better.

Why is at all Athiests can never tell me who created the first energy source, or is there an energy source out there that is infinite?

I'm betting SCIENCE will tell you all energy has a start point.

There is a God....be sure of that. I just hope you don't sentence your kids by enforcing their non-belief. Imagine off loading an eternal sentence for YOUR beliefs on them !!

As opposed to a lifetime of oppressive rule following for your parents' beliefs? At least I'm certain my life exists - can't say the same for an after life.

Science may not be able to explain everything at the moment, and probably never will be, but I'll bank on educated people trying to figure stuff out using logic and reason over an invisible wizard in the sky.

Attachments

• 1234394337993.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 6
Yeah....so where/how was the first ever energy source created??? And please don't use another energy source as the answer.

Don't have an answer for you, sorry. (Also don't really think it matters for my day to day life)

Here's a question though: Are you familiar with Paley's watch? The notion that a complex system/being (the universe or ourselves, for example) requires a creator stops being consistent if that creator (who would have to be pretty damn complex) doesn't qualify for needed a creator himself.

Furthermore, I assume you believe in the Judeo-Christain God, Ryan - why not Thor? Or Zues? Probably because you were born in a Western country in the 1900's... Why is your god more likely than Allah, or Shiva?

There's an awesome quote for you to think about: "I contend we are both Athiests, I just believe in one fewer God than you do. Once who understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, you'll realise why I dismiss yours too".

:)

Rex said:
Religious beliefs in God.
Religious beliefs in no God.

Lot of similarity really.

One might think so, but then so is belief in unicorns and belief in no unicorns... I'm not saying God doesn't exist, I'm just choosing not to believe that he/she does. I think there's a considerable difference there. That difference being that the latter is not a religious belief at all, just a lack there of.

My god believes that this thread will never make the post count of the infamous "Is there a God" thread of past Silvertail fame.

Ryan how would that be a proof of god?

Energy is constant it just changes state. No one can tell you the source as we don't know the answers yet.

Science isn't the answer to everything science seeks to answer. Science is a question.

Religion is the exact opposite it purports to have all the answers and supress the question.

That is my basic issue with religion but to be honest I just don't care enough about it. I have no issues with people who want to follow a religion and how they lead their lives. Religion in a more pure form should teach acceptance of all and in their views pity of those who don't follow the religion but not enforce the beliefs.

Funny how you denounce science as you type out the message on your computer and prepare to watch the game on your plasma.

If religion, well western religion had it's way these things would not be available to you.

I have no problems with discussion of religion but I am moving this post to the gen discussion

Oh and Ryan why is it no Christian can tell me who created god, and who created that person and so on

I no longer class myself as an atheist more of an apathetic agnostic, but we all know I can be stirred into a debate on the subject

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8