Happy 40-Nil Day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ellakasmar

Reserve Grader
Happy 40-Nil day Manly fans! 11 years ago today - wow what a moment. Even though I was only 8 years old when it happened, I still have memories of the day, especially after crying post-2007 grand final (not sure how much I understood lol!) asking my parents “when will it be Manly’s turn?”

Feel free to share your memories of the day and celebrations after down below.

Not fussy on the score line, but hope for just as an incredible 2020 season ;)

I had almost 300 people that I arranged at that final , got a call from a fan in WA on Thursday begging me for tickets for him and his wife, it was such a story that I sold him my own and preyed that my contacts in the Sea Eagles could find me seats.

We ended up sitting with the players families on half way , me personally next to Matt Orfords family.

And then the absolute madness of the Leagues Club afterwards ( I was luckily a ticket holder to the official
Post Match function in the then function room but I’ll never forget maybe 10,000 people trying to get in). It was very poorly ha fled by the Leagues Club at the time and they’d certainly sorted that part out by 2011.

And then the insane entry of the team into the club with David Williams resplendent with a Wolfman Mask on crowd surfing, to the thousands inside doing the Manly chant.

It was absolutely nuts and I will never , ever EVER forget it!!

A media friend got three tickets for great seats - the best view I've ever had at the stadium - and invited me to join him and his son.
I thought we had a 50-50 chance. Even at half time when we led (8-nil I think) I was not confident. But the day just kept getting better.
After the match I met up with my two kids who had purchased 'cheap' seats at the northern end, which was dominated by maroon and white.
The feeling was one of euphoria. Like walking on air. That feeling lasted for several weeks.
Sometimes I think rusted-on fans like me gain greater enjoyment from Manly's highs than the players.
I may be wrong.

I had almost 300 people that I arranged at that final , got a call from a fan in WA on Thursday begging me for tickets for him and his wife, it was such a story that I sold him my own and preyed that my contacts in the Sea Eagles could find me seats.

We ended up sitting with the players families on half way , me personally next to Matt Orfords family.

And then the absolute madness of the Leagues Club afterwards ( I was luckily a ticket holder to the official
Post Match function in the then function room but I’ll never forget maybe 10,000 people trying to get in). It was very poorly ha fled by the Leagues Club at the time and they’d certainly sorted that part out by 2011.

And then the insane entry of the team into the club with David Williams resplendent with a Wolfman Mask on crowd surfing, to the thousands inside doing the Manly chant.

It was absolutely nuts and I will never , ever EVER forget it!!

I was one of those outside trying to get into the leagues club after coming from the game.

Was so disappointed that we were turned away even with our season tickets and grand final tickets.

I was told by Peter Peters a couple of weeks earlier that he would personally let me in if it came to a problem but of course he was nowhere to be found and I sat outside with the thousands of other Manly fans and just clapped them into the club. By the way I did take his promise with a grain of salt. @:rolleyes:

From that day I always think how bad it is that the season ticket supporter who puts all their money into the club are the very supporters the club turns its back on when the celebrations are to be had.

I drove back to Liverpool with a smile on my face but really wanted to be inside cheering them on.

2011 was the same story although I didn’t even bother trying to get in. They brought the team back to Brookie and we cheered them from the Jane Try Stand, and I got to high five most of the team at the ground on their lap of honour. I loved that.

I think if we make it to the grand final again, I’d still go to the ground. The after match celebrations would be great but you’d only see them briefly on the way in. The atmosphere at the ground is hard to match.

I hope I have a choice to make in the coming years. :clap:

Happy 40-Nil day Manly fans! 11 years ago today - wow what a moment. Even though I was only 8 years old when it happened, I still have memories of the day, especially after crying post-2007 grand final (not sure how much I understood lol!) asking my parents “when will it be Manly’s turn?”

Seriously!!!
Unbelievable.
That long.
Best day of me life.
Had a good run after a few bad years meant I could afford a stretch limo to and from the ground for me and me 2 boys.
Just unreal.
I'll never forget that side...

I was one of those outside trying to get into the leagues club after coming from the game.

Was so disappointed that we were turned away even with our season tickets and grand final tickets.

I was told by Peter Peters a couple of weeks earlier that he would personally let me in if it came to a problem but of course he was nowhere to be found and I sat outside with the thousands of other Manly fans and just clapped them into the club. By the way I did take his promise with a grain of salt. @:rolleyes:

From that day I always think how bad it is that the season ticket supporter who puts all their money into the club are the very supporters the club turns its back on when the celebrations are to be had.

I drove back to Liverpool with a smile on my face but really wanted to be inside cheering them on.

2011 was the same story although I didn’t even bother trying to get in. They brought the team back to Brookie and we cheered them from the Jane Try Stand, and I got to high five most of the team at the ground on their lap of honour. I loved that.

I think if we make it to the grand final again, I’d still go to the ground. The after match celebrations would be great but you’d only see them briefly on the way in. The atmosphere at the ground is hard to match.

It was a **** fight SO badly organised.

Mind you in being critical of the shamozzle that happened outside of the league’s club, it was the best time I’ve ever had a the footy. And I even enjoyed cheering the guys on when they got off the bus and walked the trophy into the club. I think it was beaver who held it up as they walked but I must admit it was hard to see amongst the fans.

The Greatest winning Grand final score by the Greatest team the Manly Sea eagles

2918604174_1fcb8df853_z.jpg

Mind you in being critical of the shamozzle that happened outside of the league’s club, it was the best time I’ve ever had a the footy. And I even enjoyed cheering the guys on when they got off the bus and walked the trophy into the club. I think it was beaver who held it up as they walked but I must admit it was hard to see amongst the fans.

There were certainly plenty out there, I managed to get in via a side entrance but that’s only because I had a wristband to get into the post match function.

Had seats in the northern corner where Beaver and Robbo put over tries. How incredible it was when the Beaver went in. Lost my voice for a few days after. Tried to get to leagues club but it was bedlam so we went home for a few celebratory ales.

I remember being in front of this really loud Storm supporter who was convinced they would win.

The look on his face at the end of the game was priceless. I did offer to give a hug.

Greatest day ever!

Well back then in 2008, when you were a little kid, I was like, an adult - accused of being an adult by some, and I thought back then, before kick off, we're about 50/50 in this.
and then the magic happened.
It's building again.,,,#9 is coming.
Exciting times ahead for us Manly supporters.:D

I was a young pup on my second ever end of season football trip. We watched the game at what I think was the Gold Coast RSL and I put $50 on Menzies to score the last try. I had drank for the best part of two and a half days by the time kick off came around. I can remember Beav getting substituted with not long to go maybe 10-15 minutes. With the blow out score and my intoxication levels I came to the conclusion Menzies wouldn’t get back on. In disgust I ate my tab ticket. Low and behold the Beaver gets back on and scores with not much time left. It’s the only time I haven’t cheered him scoring because I was trying to recoup my ticket. Needless to say I can not remember anymore of that night after a few celebratory Black Sambuca shots.

You and me both.

Being at the game itself was super awesome. I clearly remember being so emotional when Beaver scored - what a way to end a GF - and Kitey winning the Clive Churchill medal!

Then the debacle of the Leagues Club. I had bought a ticket for the Supporters' Bus which supposedly 'entitled' me to a ticket for entry into the club after the game. Federal Pde was blocked off, so the closest the bus could deliver us was up Victor Rd. I remember running from the bus down the hill, very excited with club entry ticket in hand and joining the hundreds/thousands of fans waiting outside to get in.

It was absolute mayhem at the doors to the club, with much pushing, shoving, yelling, swearing, etc when suddenly there was an surge of people and I was crushed against the metal railing on the path. Being so squashed I actually feared for my life, so with much effort I managed to free myself from the crush, retreated to my car and headed home, with mixed emotions. I was ecstatic with the win but utterly devastated that even though I had an entry ticket I never got into the club after the GF (which is something I'd always wanted to do), nor seen the team return to the club with the trophy. Doubt I'll ever get to fulfill that dream now....

Anyway Happy 40-nil day! :party:

Hi I'm new i have always wanted to join silver tails my dad been manly fan since 73 I'm 23 years old sorry I dont know how to create my own post ps Jake should have not got sin binned

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8