Haddins stuffup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fro

First Grader
anyone see Haddins little blunder last night.

Personally I reckon he knew something was wrong but claimed the wicket anyway.

Having done a fair bit of keeping you know if you are in front of the stumps.

I think he thought he got his gloves out of the way in time, but the replay was hardly conclusive on that front. Maybe he should have spoken up, but let's face it if the Kiwis knicked one they would have hardly walked now would they.......as wouldn't the Aussies.

Still begs the question why a test standard keeper is making schoolboy errors like that in the first place.

agreed C&C it was an accident originally, but he should have said "oops I did it

huge pressure to win at that level though

Greg Dyer got dropped in the 1980s for a similar incident when he claimed a leg side catch that clearly bounced

With all the technology available it should be used. However, it might end up like the NRL where some refs can't make a decision, scared of being wrong. As we saw last year in footy, some of the video decisions staggered belief!!!

I see Gould is already whining about the 2 referee system.  Just so you're all fore-warned about what he'll be prattling on about ad nauseum during the first FNF double header and thereafter.

Cricket have taken the line that they want as many of the decisions to be made by the ground umpires as possible. Sure they will get some wrong, and they will get most right, but overall it will even out.

They don't want technology taking over the game

This is my belief, if you can't hold onto the ball you deserve to lose it. **** i could imagine the guys that played during the 60's and 70's laughing to themselves about it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6