Gutherson named at centre

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
Not sure if this has been spoken about in another forum or not but is Gutherson likely to run out and play at centre or is Tooves foxing and Hiku will play there? Does anyone else have a really bad feeling about Gutherson defending 1 in?

No disrespect to Gutherson or HIku, but I do find whenever Skivvs or Killer is out we struggle defending on the edges (which is not a surprise given their quality).

But I'm happy Gutherson is going to get a crack, I do think he is quality.

I'm not sold on Gutherson just yet. Kid's got talent but his defence is still a little worry for me. I think Blair will play center and Hiku and Morrissey on the wings.

Hiku will play centre and Gutho will play on the wing. That seems to make more sense.
.... or Matai, as a last minute return. (not that tooves is likely to rush him back)

I'm not sold on Gutherson just yet. Kid's got talent but his defence is still a little worry for me. I think Blair will play center and Hiku and Morrissey on the wings.

I take it you didn't see the trial against the roosters? Blair was extremely poor in defence he should be no where close 2 centre in fact he should be shaking hands with Willo. Hiku should play centre with Gutho and Tom T on the wings.

I've noticed the defence problem also with Tommy Turbo. Lower grades need a serious defence coach imo. We need to be a smarter club in planning.

I think Gutho and Hiku are our long term centres with Tom Turbo at the back

Happy for either to play there tonight

you've gotta remember tom and gutho have come from the 20's which is like touch footy. I'm interested to see whether a full pre season will have helped gutho get used to contact

you've gotta remember tom and gutho have come from the 20's which is like touch footy. I'm interested to see whether a full pre season will have helped gutho get used to contact
Gutho has played NRL before and his defence was sound

Gutho is ok at defence - he will take some time. Its a big step up from U/20's defensively to FG.

I am happy he is playing FG

I've noticed the defence problem also with Tommy Turbo. Lower grades need a serious defence coach imo. We need to be a smarter club in planning.

To be fair Tommy Turbo needs a bit more size which will hopefully come as he gets older. He is only young and bulking up too young will likely lead to more injury when he is older.

Someone like GI would walk over the top of him at the moment.

I don't think you can judge Gutho's defence as a long term issue...he is still growing and hasn't been hardened up by first grade yet. Hiku's defence is slightly more concerning, although he showed some improvement playing for the kiwis over the off season.

A serious problem with a 17 year olds defence? Come on guys. What did you say after Snakes debut against the Eels when Killer swatted him away like a fly?

On Gutherson, does anybody know if he might be kicking tonight? We know Killer has always been a bit of a reluctant goal kicker.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6