Gutherson named at centre

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Guthersons one on one defense needs a lot of work but its good to see he getting his chance . I think he will only get better with the experiance so good luck to him.

To be fair Tommy Turbo needs a bit more size which will hopefully come as he gets older. He is only young and bulking up too young will likely lead to more injury when he is older.

Someone like GI would walk over the top of him at the moment.
I agree, but I don't think that will be a problem for Tom. In my opinion he will fill out much faster and more easily than Gutherson. In fact, I can see Tom getting really big, it just seems to be in his genes. I'd say he is bigger than gutho right now.

Gutho played a bit of centre in NSW Cup and I think the club has had an eye on developing him into that position, so I'm not surprised to see him named there. That said, he is a work in progress, but the best way to learn is at the coal face.

A serious problem with a 17 year olds defence? Come on guys. What did you say after Snakes debut against the Eels when Killer swatted him away like a fly?

On Gutherson, does anybody know if he might be kicking tonight? We know Killer has always been a bit of a reluctant goal kicker.
Just keep Killer in reserve & get him to nail a match winning conversion at the end of the game.

Gutho played a bit of centre in NSW Cup and I think the club has had an eye on developing him into that position, so I'm not surprised to see him named there. That said, he is a work in progress, but the best way to learn is at the coal face.
I have a feeling that Toovey is putting on the wing the person he intends to keep there when Matai returns. So, if Blair is on the wing, he will stay there and Gutherson drops out when Matai returns (round 2 I think), or vice versa, should Gutherson actually play on the wing tonight.

We know he needs to keep one in the side as Jorge is a way off yet (if he returns at all given form etc), and I can't see the logic in putting someone on the wing who won't be there the next week. Similarly, I don't think it makes sense shifting Hiku for one game, just to shift him back again - we'd be better off having players in the positions they are likely to keep all year.

I take it you didn't see the trial against the roosters? Blair was extremely poor in defence he should be no where close 2 centre in fact he should be shaking hands with Willo. Hiku should play centre with Gutho and Tom T on the wings.

No I didn't see the trial. Judging by the score Blair wasn't the only one with defensive issues. I'm basing my opinion on the fact that Blair played centre at Parra, so he has some experience there, but to be honest I don't recall how he went at the Eels.

No I didn't see the trial. Judging by the score Blair wasn't the only one with defensive issues. I'm basing my opinion on the fact that Blair played centre at Parra, so he has some experience there, but to be honest I don't recall how he went at the Eels.
Blair's defence is still much better than Hiku's. Defensively and under the high balls, Blair is probably is our best winger at this point in time.

I'm not sold on Gutherson just yet. Kid's got talent but his defence is still a little worry for me. I think Blair will play center and Hiku and Morrissey on the wings.
Agree with this. I'm a long way from being sold on Gutherson at this stage of his career.

I think he missed more tackles in those first two trials than anyone else. He's got a long long way to go.

The defence of our outside backs was deplorable tonight - and it had nothing to do with Gutherson.

Gives him another season to bulk up and get right for 2016 at the moment he is to fragile for 80 minutes of first grade footy , he will be back.

That's crappy news for us and him. Anyway, if there is one area we have a bit of depth it is wingers.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6