Gus Exposes V'Landy's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Is the NRL going to ban player's getting on the drink too heavy? What about playing in hot weather and dehydrating? What about poor tackling techniques? All these can impact the well being of the brain.

Not even the NFL leaves the two teams with uneven numbers. It ejects the player from the game, but doesn't rob the fans of two even teams.

What mummy wants is irrelevant if the kid never wants to play rugby league anymore anyway.

The NRL is supposed to be in the entertainment business. The ARL is meant to look after the sport. The NRL should go like the NFL and be entirely independent & just pay the ARL a % to keep it going.

If the NRL know there is a gulf between talent in teams, why would you ruin the appeal of your money making competition by putting in rules that expose the gulf between the teams. Fix the talent spread first.

As every Manly fans knows from a month ago, getting flogged every week is a quick lead to turning your back on the game permanently.
Interesting reference to the NFL and ejection (sent off). I wonder if a player being ejected for foul play and then being able to sub on in his absence could work. On field team isnt hammered but the team would be impacted through losing someone off the bench. Then The player gets handed big suspension. I really don’t know what the solution is tbh. Will be interesting to see how this weekend goes. I’m willing to support the concept as a firmly believe most all the matches last week were one sided affairs anyway. High shots and bins had minimal impact on the overall results.

Interesting reference to the NFL and ejection (sent off). I wonder if a player being ejected for foul play and then being able to sub on in his absence could work. On field team isnt hammered but the team would be impacted through losing someone off the bench. Then The player gets handed big suspension. I really don’t know what the solution is tbh. Will be interesting to see how this weekend goes. I’m willing to support the concept as a firmly believe most all the matches last week were one sided affairs anyway. High shots and bins had minimal impact on the overall results.
Really good thinking - this is where the NRL should start reshaping.

I think Gus is besotted with PVL, there was a lot of eyelid fluttering going on there.

Is it just me or has Pete got a touch of the Alan Jones' about him ??

I think it is more accurate to say the V'Landy's has a touch of Arko about him ... he knows what the game needs to do to thrive and continue to exist ... like Arko he won't let the dummy spitting raucous cries of the numbnuts and perennial baggers deflect him from doing what has to be done ...

Every single positive advance this game has made in the past 50 years has seen the clubs, coaches and even supporters dragged winging and moaning to the table ...

V'Landys came into the game at a good time - considering Greenberg was the worst thing to happen to the NRL since Superleague. How he continued pandering to the demands of the big clubs is where he falls short.

Peter claims all clubs have the same opportunity to assemble winning rosters. This declaration is such rubbish that it taints whatever else he says in a warm coating of runny sh1t.

V'Landys came into the game at a good time - considering Greenberg was the worst thing to happen to the NRL since Superleague. How he continued pandering to the demands of the big clubs is where he falls short.

Peter claims all clubs have the same opportunity to assemble winning rosters. This declaration is such rubbish that it taints whatever else he says in a warm coating of runny sh1t.
Yeah, anyone who followed Greenberg was bound to look better in comparison, and PVL has certainly managed to bask in the glow of being "The Guy Who Kept the NRL Afloat During COVID". But he seems to believe that his every thought is infallible and, like Greenberg, he tends to react first, justify later.

He also seems to be enamoured of the successful or "good" clubs (Roosters, Storm) and tends to look down on the less successful "bad" ones, believing that all they have to do is emulate the winners to be successful themselves. He likes to say he "gives" them all the same amount of money, and that the "bad" clubs simply don't spend it properly. Which, as we all know, is complete bull****.

Watching that interview, with his sweaty forehead and bad dye job, he reminded me weirdly of Rudy Giuliani, who was once beloved as "America's Mayor" and is now… well, Rudy Giuliani.

Yeah, anyone who followed Greenberg was bound to look better in comparison, and PVL has certainly managed to bask in the glow of being "The Guy Who Kept the NRL Afloat During COVID". But he seems to believe that his every thought is infallible and, like Greenberg, he tends to react first, justify later.

He also seems to be enamoured of the successful or "good" clubs (Roosters, Storm) and tends to look down on the less successful "bad" ones, believing that all they have to do is emulate the winners to be successful themselves. He likes to say he "gives" them all the same amount of money, and that the "bad" clubs simply don't spend it properly. Which, as we all know, is complete bull****.

Watching that interview, with his sweaty forehead and bad dye job, he reminded me weirdly of Rudy Giuliani, who was once beloved as "America's Mayor" and is now… well, Rudy Giuliani.
Lol - He's definitely a hell of a lot more likeGiuliani than he is Ken Arthurson mate. A superb comparison.

well put

I think it is more accurate to say the V'Landy's has a touch of Arko about him ... he knows what the game needs to do to thrive and continue to exist ... like Arko he won't let the dummy spitting raucous cries of the numbnuts and perennial baggers deflect him from doing what has to be done ...

Every single positive advance this game has made in the past 50 years has seen the clubs, coaches and even supporters dragged winging and moaning to the table ...
I agree with you
You will always get strong opposition to anything . It is all about Perception :)

But you do not always get strong Leadership that does not succumb to pressure

V'landys is Great for the Game as he has both Vision and Courage

Pv stated they had been talking about this concussion issue and the cracdown for 18 months but based on introduction it appears the 6 again rule was higher on the list of priorities

It doesnt appear the NRL Needed to do much other than send an email to clubs so it begs the question why it wasnt intoduced before they even considered other rule changes if player welfare was number 1. Maybe he had used all his data

I agree with the rule but i disagree with implementation due to the other changes. It was both a priority for players and to see the outcome before we freaked with other areas

The rapid changes in the game that are unnecessary are having an impact on fans. Our season has been losing then, winning and at both extremes for the fan experience.
The losing was not character building but soul destroying, and while the wins are fantastic, the lack of middle ground throughout the season makes following your team a rollercoaster in a product that is in the business of hope

Being out of a game at halftime is one thing but many clubs are out of season contention by round 10 is not something to be proud of.

Pv stated they had been talking about this concussion issue and the cracdown for 18 months but based on introduction it appears the 6 again rule was higher on the list of priorities

It doesnt appear the NRL Needed to do much other than send an email to clubs so it begs the question why it wasnt intoduced before they even considered other rule changes if player welfare was number 1. Maybe he had used all his data

I agree with the rule but i disagree with implementation due to the other changes. It was both a priority for players and to see the outcome before we freaked with other areas

The rapid changes in the game that are unnecessary are having an impact on fans. Our season has been losing then, winning and at both extremes for the fan experience.
The losing was not character building but soul destroying, and while the wins are fantastic, the lack of middle ground throughout the season makes following your team a rollercoaster in a product that is in the business of hope

Being out of a game at halftime is one thing but many clubs are out of season contention by round 10 is not something to be proud of.
The many tries scored makes up for the dead contests according to the Mayor Rudi Viulandi.

The many tries scored makes up for the dead contests according to the Mayor Rudi Viulandi.
i gave up watching australia playing cricket when warne, mcgrath , ponting and co flogged all comers. It was ok for a while but got very dull. Ive never really returned as a fan, watching maybe 5 -10% of cricket on tv even though i have more opportunity than ever.

By the time big bash came along i was even interested and have only watched a couple of games .

V'Landys has no understanding of the game. None, nada, zero, zilch.

Anyone who has played league from C Grade up would realise this truth. Gus completely exposes the fact that both he, and Greenflog are just a pair of suits with manicured fingernails.

There are plenty of other sports for people who don't like being hit. Is the Government also going to ban boxing and mixed martial arts? The rot set in from the very moment the game started pandering to the cancel culture crew.

I think the truth is somewhere inbetween, but would back Goulds opinion on the game gone "Too Soft"
....talking about salary caps, rosters ect may relate to the subject, but I wanna stick to the topic - "Why this great sport is pi**ing ppl off" ....
Gould best ran the angle of more players get injured in defence as opposed to the player running the ball, was the 1 occasion I seen V'landy's struggle...he was simply not prepared for that.
I was waiting to hear Gould talk about "solving" the issue, not how much he knows about club operations and hoped he kicked on from that point, but I think V'landy's is a shrewd business man and knew how to deflect questions and change the conversation down the road he owned...

Gould had some key points -
  • contact sport
  • Agreed the Papenhuyzen tackle was off...and in ANY era
  • Injuries occur more in defence than attack - (concussion)

But there was no solution in this, just opinion and no net result so I would have liked these factors answered and will go a long way to restoring the great game -
  • The words "common sense" rulings may have helped - player falling 3cm off the ground its always gunna be tackled "High".
  • Taking out these milking players also would help - (get them off for 10 mins) - they'll get up and play it then !
  • This going back 4 tackles later crap for a penalty - this needs to be revised at judiciary during the week and the player banned "IF" its warranted - rewinding a game sux.
  • Rewards for low tackles - even 2 seconds rather than an instant penalty.

Could rave on but hat's my take..

My issue is the lack of research and due diligence before making sudden radical rule changes mid season. This type of dictorial subjective approach does not protect the fabric of the game. We are seeing the same knee jerk reactions we saw when Greenberg was in the chair.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11