Gus Exposes V'Landy's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Whilst Kenty, Jimmy Brings, and the usual troupe of ass licking sycophants bend over - Gus exposes the farce and reduces Peter to a stuttering mess. Well done Gus - you certainly have the games best interests at heart. Hey Kenty, notice how he didn't need to raise his voice. Oh yeah - thanks for palming Blacktown our way, and that five year plan of yours is certainly paying dividends.

Nothing is safe

Attachments

• Corner Post.jpg
    Corner Post.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 49
I hate Phil Gould.

I mostly hate that the bugger is usually right. Someone asked on 360 on Monday who the smartest person in rugby league is. Paul Kent said Warren Ryan and yes he'd have a good case. But as much as I hate the old fossil, I think Gould is the smartest in the game. What he doesn't know about the game, how its run etc etc really isn't worth knowing.

It's always interesting how different people view something.
I saw it that both of them made fair points and neither won over the other.
Gus did not ask the hard questions I would... like:

The NRL removing the tribalism...which is the basis of supporting a team with the stupid player loan scheme etc.

Magic round which deprives almost 50% of supporters of having the opportunity to attend a home game.

I could add 10 more easily.

It is obvious the V'Landys NRL are all about revenue, both TV and gate takings(a la magic round) and are totally ignoring what RL is to most supporters...and many players who would love to play only for their tribal roots team.

If Gus has the smarts and power to ask the hard questions he would have asked a lot better ones.

It did not make V'Landys think he is not doing everything right.
Pretty poor really if Gus is the best we have on our side.

The lawyers are arguing that the corner post was not in play. I think the whole thing is a bit soft.

Now that I look at it, the lawyers are representing both the post and the player.

this case will go on longer than Fainu's.

I hate Phil Gould.

I mostly hate that the bugger is usually right. Someone asked on 360 on Monday who the smartest person in rugby league is. Paul Kent said Warren Ryan and yes he'd have a good case. But as much as I hate the old fossil, I think Gould is the smartest in the game. What he doesn't know about the game, how its run etc etc really isn't worth knowing.
All I know after watching that interview is that when Gus (eventually) passes on, he'll have to be buried in a closed casket.

He's got the roughest head I've ever seen & they didnt bother with the make up, lighting & filters they used for PVL to soften any of it!

Whilst Kenty, Jimmy Brings, and the usual troupe of ass licking sycophants bend over - Gus exposes the farce and reduces Peter to a stuttering mess. Well done Gus - you certainly have the games best interests at heart. Hey Kenty, notice how he didn't need to raise his voice. Oh yeah - thanks for palming Blacktown our way, and that five year plan of yours is certainly paying dividends.

Stuttering mess !!!! I watched the video and was waiting, waiting, waiting, then it finished.
Well done P V

Its interesting re: how 'smart' Gould is.

In truth, it has taken a long time, but you can't argue with the impact he has had on Penrith as a successful club. He is right up there with Bozo IMO with regards to desperately wanting to help 'his' club to reset, rebuild, and improve.

I don't like his rambling, bumbling commentary - but I can't knock his knowledge and ability.

I think the word I would use is 'respect'. I respect him. Don't like him....

I didnt like the way PVL scornfully said "it was robotic!" when talking about the introduction of the 6 again rule to speed up the game.

I also thought throwing up "poor roster management" as the reason why some (most) teams fell to pieces after having one (or more) players binned or sent off over the weekend was pretty weak - it's well known that some teams have far superior rosters to others due to "extra-cap"-ital arrangements.

Not sure that Gus is the most suitable league identity to be moralizing on the current crackdown on suspect tackling . He was the Bulldogs coach in their 88 title win against Balmain when Lamb took out Ellery Hanley and virtually decided the outcome there . Not saying that he instructed the action but had his players in the mind set to allow it on all indications . Same analogy when Croker took out Snake in the 07 G F , would have been sent now for similar incident and should have been sent then . A F L has made no secret of the fact that they are going all out to dislodge the N R L as the premier winter sport in QLD and a lesser extent N S W and this is where V " Landys and others have to have a serious focus with their administering the game as well as some genuine and necessary concern on current and future player welfare . Not going to be an automatic transition but here to stay . Watched a bit of 360 last night and Benjie has already stated that his club is now adjusting their defensive modes , an illegal hit is an illegal hit no matter how much it is sometimes sugar coated . Nothing is ever 100 per cent adjudicated properly but close enough should be good enough to improve this aspect of undesirable play . .

Gus exposes the farce and reduces Peter to a stuttering mess.
Missed that bit Kev .... love him or hate him PV is a huge, .... HUGE improvement over Greenturd ... I was aghast at the happenings over the weekend and still not convinced either way .... but the game has to change to survive and PV at least hass the nuts and brains to try stuff

Robotic may have been not the most choice of descriptions for some of the footy prior to the ruck rule changes but in many instances , certainly too predictable and verging on boring may have been more apt . including some of Manly 's previous efforts . Not really a level playing field on the T P A front but in terms of development structures , Manly are now doing as well as traditional heavyweights in this area such as the Panthers and Eels and the enormous advantage that the Broncos still have. Does come down in many respects to overall to effective and professional and stable administration and Manly must be doing something right in many ways on present indications

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8