Greg Inglis - Step off the Mark

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You're right. The referees should instead of yelling out "He's milking it" be penalising the Souths players and every other team doing it.

How many times do you see Matt Ballin standing at marker with his hands up the air after the other player has walked past him to play the ball. The referees are either ok with this rorting of the rules or don't watch video of their games during the week.

ManlyBacker said:
It sounds strange but I am proud of Manly for not imitating the scum tactics

This is how I see it.

When I sit back & look at the various long term members of our team, I connect with them for being so successful without those annoying rule bending & boundary stretching tactics. And thats putting it politely.

From Snake to King we have had a team full of players who play above their individual talents to win as a team, Sounds corny but its true and that is the reason why so many Manly fans are diehards rather than bandwagoners like the 15,000 odd Souths supporters.

What I'd like to see happen the next time we play them and play them we will, is this:

1 When the marker gets up hang onto his collar. If we get penalised so be it but that'll give us a chance to complain about him walking off the mark.

2 If he does then walk off the mark use the collar to fling back to the ground sure we'll get a penalty but it'll make the officials realise that he walks off the mark.

It was the same a couple of years ago when he used to dive head into the ground. It soon stopped after it was brought tot he attention of the officialdom.

The rule should be you play the ball on the ground directly below where the ball was in the tackle, if this means players will lose the ball trying to promote it in a tackle bad luck.
When playing the ball you must get to your feet and the ball must reach a height above the waist in a normall standing position.

If GI(t) is a serial offender of this - why don't other teams coaches point this out to the officials?

Or do they and get ignored?

Surely Archer should be reviewing games anyway or does he hole up in his bunker of ignorance to avoid the weekly press?

Brissie Kid said:
mickqld said:
Same protected species that run across to knock over the Cows player that was running towrd the 20 meter for a quick tap. Horse head penalised the grub but it was a clear professional foul which should be a sin bin. Refs too weak to do that the NRL darlings.

You're right but the NRL brought this one on themselves with the new 7 tackles 20m tap.

So Inglis gave away a penalty. What's the downside for Souths?

Cows kick but only gain 10-15m as the touch finder is in the middle of the field. They then get a six tackle set (not 7) with Souths defence all ready and waiting in a line in front of them.

It's almost worth doing what Inglis did every time your team isn't ready to face a 20m tap.

I thought the same thing when he was penalised but I think JT got them close to the halfway line with his kick so the Cowboys were better off with the penalty. They scored from the next set or the one after anyway.

The 5 minute sinbin should be brought back for instances like that, a classic case of a "professional foul", Inglis knew exactly what he was doing and obviously knew they wouldn't send him to the bin.

StuBoot said:
[
The 5 minute sinbin should be brought back for instances like that, a classic case of a "professional foul", Inglis knew exactly what he was doing and obviously knew they wouldn't send him to the bin.

Agreed. Bit like Lamb early in the 1995 grand final when Cliffy put Beaver through a massive hole and Lamb, who was in line with the play the ball & out of play just tackled Beaver. Didn't care. He got 10 in the bin but it stopped manly scoring an early try and for that young Manly team it would have maybe given them a lot of early confidence instead of playing like kangaroos caught in the headlights.

Slater did exact same thing last night - NRL better stamp this out; both shoulda been binned for 10 - grubs!

Daddycool08 said:
What I'd like to see happen the next time we play them and play them we will, is this:

1 When the marker gets up hang onto his collar. If we get penalised so be it but that'll give us a chance to complain about him walking off the mark.

2 If he does then walk off the mark use the collar to fling back to the ground sure we'll get a penalty but it'll make the officials realise that he walks off the mark.

It was the same a couple of years ago when he used to dive head into the ground. It soon stopped after it was brought tot he attention of the officialdom.

so piggy back them up the field and give them a try scoring opportunity, so the referees will stop piggy backing them up the field to give them a try scoring opportunity? :s

Snake said:
Daddycool08 said:

so piggy back them up the field and give them a try scoring opportunity, so the referees will stop piggy backing them up the field to give them a try scoring opportunity? :s

No you'd only have to do it once or twice and the referees would get the message.

Further by slamming them on their backs the South players would also know they cannot get away with it.

The TV would replay it several times and the act would be brought into sharp focus.

The post-match interview with 2V would also highlight the issue and bring it to a head. Thus stopping it from being perpetuated, continued and quasi-condoned by officialdom.

We need to realise the NRL is a giant organisation run by amateurs and is basically lazy. They will do nothing without being forced to do it.

I suppose it is the lesser of two evils let South continue to use these tactics to get an advantage or do something at the start of the game in their first set of six to change the complexion of the game to allow us to play fairly and win.

Did you notice there was no wrestling tactics in the South game last week and what was the result?

So Snake, while I do agree with your comments, don't give them a piggy-back penalty I do feel in this instance it may be warranted.

Daddycool08 said:
Snake said:
Daddycool08 said:

No you'd only have to do it once or twice and the referees would get the message.

Further by slamming them on their backs the South players would also know they cannot get away with it.

The TV would replay it several times and the act would be brought into sharp focus.

The post-match interview with 2V would also highlight the issue and bring it to a head. Thus stopping it from being perpetuated, continued and quasi-condoned by officialdom.

We need to realise the NRL is a giant organisation run by amateurs and is basically lazy. They will do nothing without being forced to do it.

I suppose it is the lesser of two evils let South continue to use these tactics to get an advantage or do something at the start of the game in their first set of six to change the complexion of the game to allow us to play fairly and win.

Did you notice there was no wrestling tactics in the South game last week and what was the result?

So Snake, while I do agree with your comments, don't give them a piggy-back penalty I do feel in this instance it may be warranted.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. My concern is the referees will just keep penalising us, and do nothing about it.

I only saw the NRL.com highlights package of the Cowboys/Rabbits game. Was the absence of wrestling down to the referees, or did Souths scale it back themselves under the pressure of suspensions and recent criticism?

Snake said:
Yeah, I see where you're coming from. My concern is the referees will just keep penalising us, and do nothing about it.

I only saw the NRL.com highlights package of the Cowboys/Rabbits game. Was the absence of wrestling down to the referees, or did Souths scale it back themselves under the pressure of suspensions and recent criticism?

Mate I only saw the highlights as well.

The NRL has made it so I don't even bother watching other games.

But I think there were no injuries sustained by the Cowpokers. So I suppose enough said Snake.

master blaster said:
The Eagle Has Landed said:
I think we need to send the refs this post he's done it a couple of times already tonight
and george burgess crawled on his knees for a couple of metres as well

It was ridiculous looking at him do that.

He looked like a child or a oompa loompa. When he wasn't pulled back for this blatant foul all I could do was sigh and prepare for the pride of the leagues gf appearance.

Brissie Kid said:
Souths were at all night. Unlike past weeks not one Souths player was sent back to the mark. Not one.

To beat them you have to join them, sadly "playing by the rules" isn't in the Grubbitohs rule book, its more like " we push everything to the absolute limit, and beyond.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4