GreenTurd Gorne as early as this week ... now OFFICIAL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd prefer someone like this guy who hasn't got strong ties to a club, such as the Donkeys and Storm. I've read their respective CEO's are in contention.
Imagine if either of these two got the top job. It would be worse than Greenturd.

This is the challenge

On one hand someone from the game is preferred....but who? And how do you get past agendas etc

I'd prefer someone like this guy who hasn't got strong ties to a club, such as the Donkeys and Storm. I've read their respective CEO's are in contention.
Imagine if either of these two got the top job. It would be worse than Greenturd.
No one can be worse than Greenturd, but I agree. I think anyone affiliated with a club would not be a smart decision. V'landys is a smart operator and hes not afraid to speak his mind, and doesn't talk like a polly either. I think whoever he decides on will be the right and smart choice.
He has shown his passion and determination for the game to succeed and survive, as well as everything he has said and done has been transparent to the clubs, stakeholders and fans.
In V'landys we trust!

This to me sounds like Abdo has been doing all the work behind the scenes and Greenturd's been trying to get all the praise. The true Turd has finally been revealed and it stinks.
Good riddance you $#*%wit
Whose going to look after the slime now... lol
so all the bad stuff was Todd, and all the good stuff must have been Abdo

He's got beer? Where does he live?
Former NRL CEO Todd Greenberg reflects over a beer and some cooking at home last night. Pictures: Jonathan Ng

Former NRL CEO Todd Greenberg reflects over a beer and some cooking at home last night. Pictures: Jonathan Ng

V'landys has shown more leadership in his short time at the helm than Greenturd showed during his entire tenure. I expect the next CEO will be someone V'landys trusts to do what is asked of him, no more no less. He won't be an egomaniac and will be more invested in getting **** done than getting his name/face in the media. Only good things can come from this.

Taking an unauthorised photo of someone in their own house and then plastering it across the front page of the DT is an incredibly scummy thing to do.
It's a Murdoch newspaper. Scummy is in their DNA. (With apologies to Sarah Murdoch, who is a Manly fan, but still, is married to a Murdoch. Just like the Packers, there's no such thing as a good one.)

Don’t the DT have form with things like this; wasn’t it one of their photographers that climbed onto a roof, or awning, to photograph the dogs doing a little dancing at a private function?

Probably justified by that journalistic bullsh*t catchall phrase for poor behaviour, and taste, by journalists/ media outlets of “the public has a right to know”.

I have no love for Turd but he should be given his privacy at this time.

The last straw obviously was upsetting the TV companies. In fact it was probably the only straw. They didn't give two hoots for the clubs or the players. I hope this is the end of the superstadium push & we can get back to grass roots tribal ground footy. Throw some money to grounds that need to be upgraded.

Not sure about this Abdo if his major accomplishments have been pre season promotion campaigns and grand final entertainment - they’re two areas that the NRL have been really poor with.

they need to take their time and find the perfect fit.

It’s clear that V’Landys is the Big Swinging Dick in the room and so whoever is in the CEO’s seat will basically have to be a bit of ‘yes’ man. Abdo in all likelihood fits that bill and it’s one of the reasons why he will likely get the full time gig.

Not that I expect there to be much competition for the position anyway. Any seasoned CEO or sports administrator who wants a bit of control would be wary of being the NRL CEO while PV is chair. PV is a CEO himself and the roles of CEO and Chair are different. A lot of ex-CEO’s struggle with being non-executive board members and I reckon PV would (even absent COVID) naturally encroach on the CEO’s turf. Experienced CEO’s won’t cop it. I’ve seen it too many times now already in my relatively young career.

That’s not to say the appointment of a ‘yes’ man as CEO is a bad thing, for the next few years at least while PV is the BSD. I reckon the NRL needs a bit of a benevolent dictator at present and it seems like PV will be that. Look at some of the best sports administrators in the USA - the head of the NFL and NBA have a lot of power and they run really professional organisations.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4