Greenberg threatened Burgess with a $25k fine and a law suit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They wont do anything to Sam before the Manly game, I mean they wont suspend him.

It's funny when players say "I won't change my ways"

So, that means you are going to continue pulling hair does it Sam and then be surprised when you get suspended?

Genius effort that one.

I'm sure England is calling you, go home.

@brentread_7

Sam Burgess has been summoned to a meeting with Todd Greenberg to show cause why he shouldn’t receive a breach notice for his comments today. Also gives him chance to speak to Todd in person about his concerns

giphy.gif

Oh dear, don’t like the idea of samantha getting into greenturd’s ear right before our game. With the stuff samantha has got away with until now, punishment is unlikely

@brentread_7

Sam Burgess has been summoned to a meeting with Todd Greenberg to show cause why he shouldn’t receive a breach notice for his comments today. Also gives him chance to speak to Todd in person about his concerns

giphy.gif

lol, the ole greenburg 'look 'em in the eye' trick. That'll show him!

After that I assume they'll be offering Sam an apology and a shiny diamond ring.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/18/sam-burgess-statement/

Sam Burgess statement
Author
NRL Media ReleaseNRL Media
Timestamp
Wed 18 Sep 2019, 03:35 PM

THE National Rugby League has today advised South Sydney Rabbitohs player Sam Burgess that he must show cause why he should not be issued with a breach notice over public comments made about the judiciary process.

All players are bound by the NRL Code of Conduct which prohibits a player from commenting adversely on the NRL Judiciary.

Mr Burgess has agreed to meet NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg to explain his comments and why he should not be issued with a breach notice.

Mr Greenberg said the NRL Judiciary was an independent body chaired by a distinguished Supreme Court Judge.

“On face value, Sam’s comments about the judiciary breach our Code of Conduct and are offensive to both the Chairman and members of the panel who carry out their duties impartially, without fear or favour,’’ he said.

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...4b15578562afcd052ee?__twitter_impression=true

Todd Greenberg threatened Burgess with a $25k fine and a law suit. Big Sam didn’t flinch

The most fearless forward in rugby league, Sam Burgess, and the boss of the NRL, Todd Greenberg, are officially at war.

Greenberg picked up the telephone on Wednesday afternoon and called the South Sydney captain for a please explain about labelling the NRL judiciary a “kangaroo court”.

The NRL CEO began the conversation by reading Burgess the definition of “kangaroo court”, which states: “An unofficial court held by a group of people in order to try someone regarded, especially without good evidence, as guilty of a crime or misdemeanour.”

Greenberg then explained Burgess had insulted the integrity of supreme court judge Geoff Bellew, who also serves as the NRL judiciary chairman free of charge.

So Burgess has to issue a public apology or he risks being sued for defamation.

The NRL are also threatening to hit Burgess with a breach notice of $25,000 for breaching the players’ code of conduct.
:rofl:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8