Greenberg - Hasler negotiations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why do you think Des tried so hard to get Foz to move to the Scumdogs? It was because nine times out of 10 it took Foz screaming at She-Rex for him to actually do something like.....oh I dunno....maybe actually run onto the ball and use his size, strength and speed to run through defences like he hasn't done since he swapped the maroon for blue on his jumper. Say what you want about Hasler, but he's no dummy (well, he left Manly for the Scumdogs so that's debatable). But other than Foz's obvious football talents, he needed someone out on the field who could put a rocket up She-Rex's arse, and most of the rest of their giant forwards as well save James Graham (he reminds me a lot of Kevin Ward the way he plays).

As for Greenturd....I've said it before and I'll say it again. Kevin Humphreys was forced to resign in 1983 for less than what that slimeball has done.

T-Rex was the consolation prize when the Dogs couldn't snare Foran or either of the Stewart Boys. Greenburg would have been eyeing off the squad when he opened negotiations with Des, and the fact he got zero from him initially except for some of his staff, would have pissed him off no end.

HoldenV8 said:
As for Greenturd....I've said it before and I'll say it again. Kevin Humphreys was forced to resign in 1983 for less than what that slimeball has done
Yes you keep saying that ... fraud in a position of trust; misappropriating many 1000s of dollars to fund his gambling escapades; then lying about it; and trying to get his powerful friends to use their influence to pervert the course of justice to get him off the hook.

While Todd is showing plenty of promise, there's no indication yet that he's in Humphrey's class as a fraudster.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
HoldenV8 said:
As for Greenturd....I've said it before and I'll say it again. Kevin Humphreys was forced to resign in 1983 for less than what that slimeball has done
Yes you keep saying that ... fraud in a position of trust; misappropriating many 1000s of dollars to fund his gambling escapades; then lying about it; and trying to get his powerful friends to use their influence to pervert the course of justice to get him off the hook.

While Todd is showing plenty of promise, there's no indication yet that he's in Humphrey's class as a fraudster.

Fair enough, I will concede your point on Humphreys. But Greenturd has just about lied on everything from Barba to Tandy and now the truth is out about what we already suspected in his poaching of Hasler. And all of it to cover his arse for what happened when he was Scumdogs CEO. Ok he may not be in Humphrey's class just yet, but his promise as you say is starting to bite him big time. Even the print media seem to be united on this one. He's copping it from both sides.

Lord Eagleton said:
If the Big Boss does go i propose to the Mods that we sticky this thread, so we can forever look back on a highly enjoyable period of time here on Silvertails.

I know some or most of you Silvertails are going to love this when it eventually happens so please don't sticky the thread too much:s

That's just gross @Guzzler...lol.!

This justified wave of derision for Greenberg really has me suspecting he may just ride it out and survive.

I really hope I'm wrong.
Don't know who, but we need a far more respectable head of the NRL/HQ.

HoldenV8 said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
HoldenV8 said:

Fair enough, I will concede your point on Humphreys. But Greenturd has just about lied on everything from Barba to Tandy and now the truth is out about what we already suspected in his poaching of Hasler. And all of it to cover his arse for what happened when he was Scumdogs CEO. Ok he may not be in Humphrey's class just yet, but his promise as you say is starting to bite him big time. Even the print media seem to be united on this one. He's copping it from both sides.
The odd thing about the Humphreys case is that despite being in effect exiled from the game in disgrace on every formal level, he seemed to retain some measure of respect (at least in some circles anyway, eg Arko).

Greenberg on the other hand does not appear to have earned any real affection within the game. He's simply viewed as a slick operator who could help the game. So if his image takes too much more buffeting I doubt there'll be much 'loyalty' extended to him.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
HoldenV8 said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
HoldenV8 said:

The odd thing about the Humphreys case is that despite being in effect exiled from the game in disgrace on every formal level, he seemed to retain some measure of respect (at least in some circles anyway, eg Arko).

Greenberg on the other hand does not appear to have earned any real affection within the game. He's simply viewed as a slick operator who could help the game. So if his image takes too much more buffeting I doubt there'll be much 'loyalty' extended to him.

Agreed, I think with Humphries he was a strong administrator who took the game in the right direction prior to Arko taking over. The embezzlement was a mistake he went down for. A personal tragedy & a crime, but it didn't actually affect the management of the ARL and the advancement of the game. With Ted Greenberg the alleged lies and spin on a range of topics are actually to do with club or NRL administration, and therefore leave a taint on the game in my view.

MadMarcus said:
Whether this gets rid of him or not, he has lost a great deal of respect from the RL community.

So far we have three cases of unethically responding to direct questionings, regarding serious, moral aspects of administration :cool: ( I would put the Dogs' disgusting comments to Jane Azzorpardi as the 4th, after it was attributed to some Security Guard - GT investigation)

The NRL are damaging their corporate image by having him as a front man in charge of managing Cub Operations.

The height of hypocrisy was his fining of 2v for honestly expressing a viewpoint :mad:

What's 6 inches long and smells like Greenturd? Ask Des.

I pinched that joke from one that was doing the rounds a few years ago. Freddy Fitler was caught cutting Sean Garlick's grass while Sean was out of town. The joke was ;

What's six inches long and smells like Garlic? Freddy's "Moreton". Hahahha!! That still cracks me up. lol. Well then.................I'm bored! :(

mozgrame said:

I pinched that joke from one that was doing the rounds a few years ago. Freddy Fitler was caught cutting Sean Garlick's grass while Sean was out of town. The joke was ;

What's six inches long and smells like Garlic? Freddy's "Moreton". Hahahha!! That still cracks me up. lol. Well then.................I'm bored! :(

I would've thought six inches is a bit generous mate @mozgrame...?

Probly more like three I'd reckon for Toddles.

RiverEagle said:
mozgrame said:

I would've thought six inches is a bit generous mate @mozgrame...?

Probly more like three I'd reckon for Toddles.

Yeah, but he did her twice ;)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4