Greenberg - Hasler negotiations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Snake said:
PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
What would you guys do if the board didn't want you as a coach???.I know what i would be doing,negotiating with another team.

It's the manner in which he left...

The real sad part is that if Hasler had been unselfish and left us in a semi-respectful manner he would still be up there as a Manly hero having played for and coached Manly in winning Grand Finals. Even Manly fan Thomas Keneally wrote his biography.
Today, you wouldn't even let him stand in Beaver Menzies shadow - and that's his own fault.

And his mate, Teflon Todd - the press aren't going to let this go easily, especially after they were made to look a little bit foolish the last time they went after him. Like others have said, I reckon he will get through this, but the mud is coming thicker, and from plenty of directions.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/ryan-tandy-betting-saga-time-for-nrl-et-al-to-square-the-ledger-20140514-zrcip.html

Mascord is reiterating the litany of lies/deception too :cool:

Barba being dug up by Phelps:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/questions-raised-over-todd-greenbergs-handling-of-ben-barbas-problems-while-at-the-bulldogs/story-e6freuy9-1226917993301

At least the media are united and on the same page, so to speak, regarding Greenberg especially.
Trial-by-media, but well-deserved and surely he can't survive this??

Or can he...

RiverEagle said:
At least the media are united and on the same page, so to speak, regarding Greenberg especially.
Trial-by-media, but well-deserved and surely he can't survive this??

Or can he...
They can smell blood in the water. His position is becoming untenable. Bye bye Toddy...

Goes to show how unimportant a coach is when you have a great bunch of players together. Winning in 2011 happened despite Des's shananigans in the lead up to the GF.

Puts a new light on Des, he's gone away and can stay away.

COMMANDER said:
Goes to show how unimportant a coach is when you have a great bunch of players together.

I'm not sure it really says that. Des is a professional and he didn't let it affect his coaching performance in 2011. Since Des left it has become obvious that we are truly blessed to have had another talented coach in the ranks in Tooves.

An investigation into the Bulldogs salary cap during Todd's tenure would go down nicely about now. The botched Fifita deal just might trigger that if we're lucky.

MadMarcus said:
An investigation into the Bulldogs salary cap during Todd's tenure would go down nicely about now. The botched Fifita deal just might trigger that if we're lucky.

Mate if the Dogs were rorting the cap in that time ill stop supporting them. See some of the players we had running around for us back then. Hardly superstars. Maybe Kris Keating, Bryson Goodwin and Jono Wright were on massive money.

All clear with the Fajita deal and was never in doubt

They are coming to get you Teflon Greenturd. Your downfall only will slightly make up for the pain you inflicted on our club on late 2011. The question that must asked, is how the hell was he was given the gig of NRL ceo?

As NRL fans we have been dudded with 2 duds in a row. We need someone who has the games best interest at heart.

They are coming to get you Teflon Greenturd. Your demise will partly heal the damage you and your ethics inflicted on our team in late 2011.

The scandals are racking up and you are a blight on our game.

Your unethical behaviour in securing Hasler will never be forgotten or forgiven here.

Des sold his soul to the almighty dollar and attempted to destroy what he had built. We are so lucky that we have a culture that dwarfs his greed.

sheridanstand78 said:
They are coming to get you Teflon Greenturd. Your downfall only will slightly make up for the pain you inflicted on our club on late 2011. The question that must asked, is how the hell was he was given the gig of NRL ceo?

As NRL fans we have been dudded with 2 duds in a row. We need someone who has the games best interest at heart.

Greenberg probably looked good briefly mate, after the bumbling, mumbling intro of Dave Smith.

In fact it's fortunate the game is such a good ''product'' when you look closely at the efforts of Smith, Greenterd and even John Grant recently.

A couple of school kids could do no worse...and most likely would do better!

Can you imagine how this trio are going to administer and oversee the ASADA findings??

Perhaps at least Greenberg may already be gone.....Or he will worm his way out once again.

GreenTurd is gorne.

a) Smith has no history or loyalty to GreenTurd.

b) Smith and Grant are too recent to be in the goat photos and neither of them look like they would now how to show a goat a good time anyway. So no blackmail possible.

c) Being a banker Smith knows perception is reality. If greenTurd looks like he stinks then he stinks. Bad for the brad so gonski.

d) Smith is a corporate animal so he will jump at the opportunity to rid himself of an insider with split loyalties and replace him with an outsider with loyalty only to Smith.

Either way, if his contract is not torn up he will be "benched".

Lord Eagleton said:
Guys and girls please stop saying that Turdburger is definitely gone. I dont want to get my hopes up and be disappointed

Sorry your lordship but saying it gives me too much pleasure,

Go on try it Greenturd is gorne, Greenturd is gorne, Greenturd is gorne. aaargh.

Greenturd is a liability that seems to be growing as each layer is lifted.

Each relates to an event that is sackable on its own, yet now we are three levels in, and he is still lurking.

The potential for NRL being tainted with the match fixing scandal is the worst. The billion dollar deal needs to be protected by the NRL by re-allocating GT in the very least.

As many have said and so have I, Des could have been an all time club legend. I rated him right up there just below the echelon of Fulton and Menzies in terms of what he brought to Manly. Great player 200+ games, winning premierships, and then coaching us to 2 more premierships. In terms of all time favourites I had him in my top 5. When he first looked like going I was disappointed, especially with the timing, but thought, 'oh well you gave us some great times, good luck'.

The slowly it all started coming out, poaching our staff, our players. There was a rumour before the Dogs Manly game in 2012 that Foran was going to run out in Dogs colours (ok it was a bit tongue in cheek)!!

He can go and get effed. It wasn't that he wanted a change, he tried to turn us back to the Northern Eagles days. The sign of a great coach is where were the club when he started and then when he finished. Most would say he took us from rubbish in 2004 to greatness in 2011. Absolute crap! If he had his way we would have been back in the mire of the early 2000s or even worse. So Des, whilst I wish you no personal harm or misfortune, just don't ever come back. I have a 60 years team poster with you on it. You are blacked out.

Greenturd has a ready-made job waiting if he is sacked . . . CEO of the Melbourne Scum. It's a perfect fit; a marriage made in hell.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4