Greenberg - Hasler negotiations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Guzzler said:
MadMarcus said:
An investigation into the Bulldogs salary cap during Todd's tenure would go down nicely about now. The botched Fifita deal just might trigger that if we're lucky.

Mate if the Dogs were rorting the cap in that time ill stop supporting them. See some of the players we had running around for us back then. Hardly superstars. Maybe Kris Keating, Bryson Goodwin and Jono Wright were on massive money.

All clear with the Fajita deal and was never in doubt

So you were okay with them systematically rorting the salary cap in 2002?
(PS I love how auto correct changed "Fifita" to "Fajita".)

Anyway, it definitely does look like there's a concerted effort to get Greenberg. Not quite sure why it's happening now but I'll take it. But we all knew this stuff at the time, didn't we? It might not have been reported but no other explanation fit the scenario.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Guzzler said:
MadMarcus said:
An investigation into the Bulldogs salary cap during Todd's tenure would go down nicely about now. The botched Fifita deal just might trigger that if we're lucky.

Mate if the Dogs were rorting the cap in that time ill stop supporting them. See some of the players we had running around for us back then. Hardly superstars. Maybe Kris Keating, Bryson Goodwin and Jono Wright were on massive money.

So you were okay with them systematically rorting the salary cap in 2002?

How did you come to that conclusion:huh:

I was absolutely gutted and pissed off. I was referring to TG's time in charge of the Club even more so since the 2002 rorting and would be dumfounded if they were caught in such a way again.

Guzzler said:
MadMarcus said:

Keating was apparently on 180-200k. If your paying a player of his low calibre (reserve grader) 200k, god only knows what the decent players were on .

the mauler said:
Guzzler said:
MadMarcus said:

Keating was apparently on 180-200k. If your paying a player of his low calibre (reserve grader) 200k, god only knows what the decent players were on .

Well the entire world seems to know what every Canterbury player is being paid so maybe the DT or SMH (maybe both) will do big story on our cap and how we are over pay all our players.

Then they may give us the boot for good and the rest of the league world can rest easy.

Guzzler said:
Well the entire world seems to know what every Canterbury player is being paid so maybe the DT or SMH (maybe both) will do big story on our cap and how we are over pay all our players.

Then they may give us the boot for good and the rest of the league world can rest easy.

We don't know how much you pay, but we certainly know HOW you pay- just ask fajita!

At this stage, I would settle for greenturd getting chopped- I don't think I could survive the news your franchise was also thrown out of the league- though there would be a certain karma considering the loyalty exhibited by Belmore during the Super League fiasco.

I may, or may not have notified the NRL that I will remove my children from Rugby League if they continue to employ Greenburg.

LOL. Well, I may :)

Edit: And if he is found guilty of collusion with Hasler, surely a very large settlement would need to be arranged. I hear The Bulldogs are cashed up? How much damage has it cost us? G Stewart? Hopoate?

I'm thinking 10 mill, and we call it evens.

Fair?

Guzzler said:
the mauler said:
Guzzler said:
MadMarcus said:

Sounds good to me.

the mauler said:
Guzzler said:
the mauler said:
Guzzler said:
MadMarcus said:

Sounds good to me.

I knew it would

globaleagle said:
Guzzler said:
I knew it would

FWIW....I seriously doubt the dogs have massively rorted the cap since the big one.

Gotcha your opinion fills me with great confidence GE:D

So going by your post we have rorted the cap since the big one just just not massivley:p

eagles2win said:
With the evidence mounting how are Dog fan's still saying this bloke is good?

Not sure if that's aimed at me but I don't think I have said he is a good bloke.

What I do find funny is most articles by the DT or SMH are deemed rubbish, false, made up but when directed at or in relation to Canterbury or someone who has worked at the club its treated as gospel.

Anyway I am sure all will come to a head soon and you will get your wish and Greenturd as Manly fans refer to him as will be given his marching orders.

However I do want to be on this forum if he is cleared of all allegations, should make for some interesting reading:)

Guzzler said:
eagles2win said:
With the evidence mounting how are Dog fan's still saying this bloke is good?

Not sure if that's aimed at me but I don't think I have said he is a good bloke.

What I do find funny is most articles by the DT or SMH are deemed rubbish, false, made up but when directed at or in relation to Canterbury or someone who has worked at the club its treated as gospel.

Anyway I am sure all will come to a head soon and you will get your wish and Greenturd as Manly fans refer to him as will be given his marching orders.

However I do want to be on this forum if he is cleared of all allegations, should make for some interesting reading:)

Just because he maybe cleared doesn't mean he's innocent.

He was cleared of the Barba subterfuge, it was soley orchestrated to stop the NRL ordering a lengthy suspension on their star FB :dodgy:

The DT/SMH are referencing an ABC 7:30 Report. So someone, not Reporters but actual Police have investigated, prior to Tandy's case being heard in a Court of Law.

GT's habits are now exposed. The NRL hiring an outsider to investigate, indicates their distancing themselves from the stink :cool:

If he goes he goes it's no skin off my nose.

I just like reading Silvertails for the reactions, makes long boring days in the office far more enjoyable:p

Oh and Massoud is a hack journo:cool:

Guzzler said:
MadMarcus said:

Maybe they were. The Bulldogs certainly paid more than the incumbent clubs were willing to pay for the likes of Pritchard, Ennis, J Morris and Hodkinson. None of them came cheap.

Maybe the crap performances on the field were a deliberate ploy to avoid detection for the club's salary cap breaches? What brilliance!

The Who said:
Guzzler said:
I just like reading Silvertails for the reactions, makes long boring days in the office far more enjoyable:p

It's the same with us; we get such a laugh out of reading that She-Rex is being considered for Origin.

Origin captain:rolleyes:

Guzzler said:
globaleagle said:
Guzzler said:
I knew it would

FWIW....I seriously doubt the dogs have massively rorted the cap since the big one.

Gotcha your opinion fills me with great confidence GE:D

So going by your post we have rorted the cap since the big one just just not massivley:p

lol a) As my opinion should :p, and

b) hahaha I didn't mean it like that....but if so, probably no more than the minor infringements other clubs do!

edit: c) fwiw!

The Who said:
Guzzler said:

It's the same with us; we get such a laugh out of reading that She-Rex is being considered for Origin.

As a passionate NSWman. I wish he would find that rich vein of form he had in the latter part of 2011. He was the best most destructive forward for about 6 weeks leading up to the GF. But again....where has that form gone?

I watched last week his game against the Drags, and he played really well. But again that's 1 game in about 10. If he can get back to his best he'd walk into the Origin team......but there's something missing there. I don't want to insinuate a lack of heart. Instead I'll just say it, I think he pulls a heart muscle far too often.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6