Green signs with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tackle Seven – Des Passes on Foran
Since leaving Manly in 2011, Bulldogs coach Des Hasler has made two futile bids to re-unite with Kieran Foran. Assuming he stays at Belmore, there won’t be a third.

We’ve been told Hasler addressed rumours the club was set to pursue Foran at a recent team meeting.

There had been some understandable unrest among some players that changes need to be made to accommodate a player of Foran’s value. Hasler made it clear the Bulldogs weren’t interested.

We also understand Canterbury’s board is no longer interested in backing any move to bring Foran to Belmore.

They simply see him as too troubled – and want to support incumbent halves pairing Moses Mbye and Josh Reynolds.

The other obvious destination for Foran is Manly. As we’ve mentioned numerous times before, the Sea Eagles are on the cusp of signing Storm five eighth Blake Green.

The pivot received his two-year contract this week, and once it’s signed, Foran’s hopes of going back to Brookvale would appear to be dashed.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...featuring-josh-massoud-and-liam-cox-round-20/

Much more value in the Green signing. For 350k a year for a consistent peformer i think its really a no brainer for me considering the risk in Foran. As for the article, Des is right by letting this one through to the keeper and i hope we do the same.
Funny enough i feel our teams direction forward is with the older Green than Foran.

Much more value in the Green signing. For 350k a year for a consistent peformer i think its really a no brainer for me considering the risk in Foran. As for the article, Des is right by letting this one through to the keeper and i hope we do the same.
Funny enough i feel our teams direction forward is with the older Green than Foran.
I hope green helps out our younger players also like like wright, Hynes and Cust from under 20s

Agree, and don't forget we have Hynes and Wright coming up from below.

We do NOT need to waste gazillions on what now is " damaged goods".

In performance terms :there is little between Greens best game and worst game . Just performs consistently and that's what we need.

Assuming Foran wants to play next year i am no sure where he will go as the teams most likely don't want him and other teams would regard him as a big risk

Maybe the warriors unless he wants to stay with his family?

Maybe his career is finished unless he plays with the dragons or some **** team like that?

Assuming Foran wants to play next year i am no sure where he will go as the teams most likely don't want him and other teams would regard him as a big risk

Maybe his career is finished unless he plays with the dragons or some **** team like that?
How funny if he goes to the gold coke titans!

Green was a bit ordinary at times when I watched him last weekend. Not fussed about him signing with us
The games I've seen him play have been solid. He can throw a great long ball, good short passing game and has a real presence about him in defence. Throw in a solid kicking game and I think he will compliment DCE very nicely. He's relatively cheap, which should mean we will have cash to sign a couple of higher profile players. Hopefully a second rower and a centre.

Last edited:
Don't forget fellow silvertails that the prime objective of a good half is to make everybody else look good. If he raises questions in the defense, and feeds good ball to the players inside and out, he has done his job.

No use looking good himself and the team going busted.

Dragons would be a likely destination as they have cap and want to move benji on. Souffs and chooks are also both options as they dont havs a salary cap and want a half.

As reported by RLW, although not announced by the club as yet.

Apparently ink to paper yesterday.

I guess that puts the $Forme back to Manly rumour to bed!

As reported by RLW, although not announced by the club as yet.

Apparently ink to paper yesterday.

I guess that puts the $Forme back to Manly rumour to bed!

I will wait for the announcement.

Realistically he is not a long-term option but hopefully we can use him as well as Melbourne does.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8