Great Sportsmanship shown tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We all slag Billy Slater, and for good reason as well BUT he and the other Storm players who cradled Wolfie when he was hurt are to be congratulated.

It could have been a very serious injury and their actions were as I say very sportsmanlike.

In saying that let the hostilities continue!!

I did notice it, but prefer not to comment on it ;)

Speaking of sportsmanship apparently a lot of the Storm players weren't going near Lussick for a handshake

Sportsmanship meh, doesn't change my opinion of them as anyone in that position would of been forced to do the same thing and not move.

So for 2 minutes he seemed human and I stopped hating on him. Normal service was resumed in the second half when he cheap shotted DCE with an elbow. Grub.

Yea not just him but the other two players too.
Just shows that the game has more to do with WwF wrestling than real wrestling!!!

But good on him

No dramas and I'd agree with that BUT as I say their good sportsmanship during that incident should be applauded

Kiwi Eagle said:
I did notice it, but prefer not to comment on it ;)

Speaking of sportsmanship apparently a lot of the Storm players weren't going near Lussick for a handshake

Was that because he won the game for us ?

They inflicted a season ending chicken wing tackle and then got concerned with a player's welfare. I just can't feel the love under those circumstances so stuff them.

ManlyBacker said:
They inflicted a season ending chicken wing tackle and then got concerned with a player's welfare. I just can't feel the love under those circumstances so stuff them.

This is how I saw it from my vantage point a well. Sure, good on you for holding him until they can get the neck brace & spinal board out there but he wouldn't have been in that situation in the first place if they hadn't tackled him like that.

TokyoEagle said:
Not too much wrong with the tackle from what i saw, any team would have defended their line with the same vigour.

TE,I could be wrong but they are trained to tackle like that and we saw the result. Yes, it looks normal if it was anyone else, but the Storm do that type of tackle all the time and they can result in serious injury. Sure, I could give them the BOTD this time but they are consistent in hurting players with the deliberate twisting they use. Deep down I feel their basic training resulted in Wolfie's injury.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6