Graeme Langlands charged with historical sex crimes.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This person is now an adult who's name should be splashed around as his is.
If this was the case it would at least even the 'mud sticks' up a bit.
I can understand if this person was a minor but hasn't been now for 3 decades.
How long has he had dementia??
Sure fire way to encourage more victims to come forward and let perpetrators continue untouched - victims already deal with the shame they feel as innocent victims, let's just name them for the public to look upon their personal shame they feel.

Friend and former TV commentator Barry Ross said: “He’s asleep a lot of the time when we visit. He’s on a lot of drugs and he’s getting worse.”

So how is he suppose to defend himself? He's been going downhill for a long time. Surely waiting till he has advanced Alzheimer's and dementia is not going to help in getting a verdict. It just throws up conjecture and innuendo.

Sure fire way to encourage more victims to come forward and let perpetrators continue untouched - victims already deal with the shame they feel as innocent victims, let's just name them for the public to look upon their personal shame they feel.
So if Chang is innocent, as atm he is, he can just have his name destroyed along with his family because that's what happens.
Like cliff Richard?
Yeah that's fair !!

I hate child monsters! But there comes a time when it’s too late for justice to be possible. In this case He doesn’t have capacity to stand trial and can’t defend himself. His reputation is destroyed regardless. There can be no justice in these circumstances.

I hate child monsters! But there comes a time when it’s too late for justice to be possible. In this case He doesn’t have capacity to stand trial and can’t defend himself. His reputation is destroyed regardless. There can be no justice in these circumstances.
There is in the eyes of the victims....

So if Chang is innocent, as atm he is, he can just have his name destroyed along with his family because that's what happens.
Like cliff Richard?
Yeah that's fair !!
You suggested they accuser gets named - maybe a better option is the accused doesn't get named......

Is getting molested by an adult fair? May you never have to deal with the fallout of such crimes.

We are assuming here that the person making the allegations knows that this guy has dementia.....

Like cliff Richard?
Yeah that's fair !!
And just for giggles because as I said I know of a similar situation (intimately but not a victim)
Friend and former TV commentator Barry Ross said: “He’s asleep a lot of the time when we visit. He’s on a lot of drugs and he’s getting worse.”

So how is he suppose to defend himself? He's been going downhill for a long time. Surely waiting till he has advanced Alzheimer's and dementia is not going to help in getting a verdict. It just throws up conjecture and innuendo.
If he did perpetrate these acts - How was his child victim supposed to defend themselves?

And just for giggles because as I said I know of a similar situation (intimately but not a victim)

If he did perpetrate these acts - How was his child victim supposed to defend themselves?
Bring it before the courts before he became senile. He wont make it before any court now. Just destroys a champions reputation.

Last edited:
Bring it before the courts when he was senile. He wont make it before any court now. Just destroys a champions reputation.
But what if it rightly so?

Just because you played football well doesn't automatically make you a good person. Attitudes like that allow perpetrators to continue on.

And what of the alleged victims life? Is that worth less than a reputation - damn we live in a twisted society

Last edited:
Thought some of you that seem keen to toss innuendos etc at Langlands might have learnt something from the Stewart debacle !!
I don't see anyone saying he is guilty - but suggestions that the alleged victim should be named is just stupid.

The seeming innuendo is the accuser is trying to make money or something along those lines - but apparently the guy is broke!?!?! So why have they come forward now? What do they stand to gain?

How do kids defend them selves from being molested ? I am not saying that what he was charged for is true . Maybe it is and maybe it isn't .

You suggested they accuser gets named - maybe a better option is the accused doesn't get named......

Is getting molested by an adult fair? May you never have to deal with the fallout of such crimes.

We are assuming here that the person making the allegations knows that this guy has dementia.....
I think we are all probably assuming a lot of things mate.
I'll put my point of naming people in this situation this way.
People are treating this like we have a victim already.
We do not.
All we have is someone with the benefit of anonymity making an allegation that they were a victim of a crime 30 years ago.
The point of naming them is to put it on an even keel and especially to deter money grabbers who have, in the past, made life difficult for some.
And I would agree that at this stage neither should be named.
On the other hand we have a very public figure, only recently diagnosed with dementia, more likely incapable of being able to defend himself in court who's name is out there for all to see.
If then, he is innocent until proven guilty, why is he named at all.

I think we are all probably assuming a lot of things mate.
I'll put my point of naming people in this situation this way.
People are treating this like we have a victim already.
We do not.
All we have is someone with the benefit of anonymity making an allegation that they were a victim of a crime 30 years ago.
The point of naming them is to put it on an even keel and especially to deter money grabbers who have, in the past, made life difficult for some.
And I would agree that at this stage neither should be named.
On the other hand we have a very public figure, only recently diagnosed with dementia, more likely incapable of being able to defend himself in court who's name is out there for all to see.
If then, he is innocent until proven guilty, why is he named at all.
14% - that is roughly the number of accusations of child sex offences that get prosecuted, shows there is a tough road to travel to get that far. At no stage have I damned the accused as guilty, but it is worth asking does that then suppose the other 86% are innocent? We would largely agree it is highly doubtful, but it does show that the balance is skewed towards the accused.

Ask yourselves would this level of empathy for the accused by applied if a largely loathed public figure (maybe a politician for instance) was accused and named

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8