Gracious Ricky Stuart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As a teacher, here’s what you do with every new class you get.

The first kid that tries to see how far he can push things, gets hammered. Then every kid makes a mental note not to f*ck with you. End of discipline problems for the year. Except you usually need to give them a reminder towards the end of second term. Because there’s always one kid whose brave (or stupid) enough to see if I’ve mellowed. (News flash....I haven’t).

If the NRL don’t go hard on Ricky, they’ll regret it. They should fine him 50K and suspend him for 4 weeks. You don’t show weakness.

Would love to know the "alleged" back story of salmon and Ricky's son!
Continuing from @Chip and Chase s info. Allegedly Salmon made Rickys kid cry in an Under 12s rep game. Stuart got gobby with Salmon (yes the 12 year old). Then Salmons old man jumps in, and they have a heated exchange, then they had to be forcibly separated. The families have been feuding ever since. Way to go "adults". Some classy parenting.
But to bring that up 10 years later….fark me.

A silly thing to say but like everything these days conflated and spung to make an ongoing news story fuelled by pretentious outrage, where the media plays judge and jury….We have become such a mob driven righteous society. I have never been a big fan of Ricky, but I don’t think he should be dammed for this…. Mistake… An apology which he has made and a fine should be sufficient…. Gee, I think kicking someone in the head is worse than being called a gutted dog person… but these days words are more important than actions…

I don't mind Ricky to be honest.....like i said initially, he's one coach who has always praised Manly. There must be something quite deep for him to go off like that. No one is privy to the history between the Salmons & Stuarts so we shouldn't be judging him. I've said worse to people that have done bad by my family & I don't give a $hit what anyone thinks. At least Ricky speaks his mind. Admittedly in a position like his he could have been a little more reserved. Unfortunately he gets fined & probably will again, unlike Robinson who can say what he likes & insinuate what he likes knowing he'll get a free ride by the NRL.

Just because you think it doesn't mean you say it especially to the press or on television. Stuart has well and truly over stepped the mark and the NRL will have to take action. It may have been a grubby act on the field but the grubby words off the field were stupidity stemming from a complete loss of self control.

Look at the total BS apology. It's almost as bad as the original comments.

Ricky apologised to his own family and his club - zero mention of Salmon or his family or Penrith.

Tell him to take the rest of the year off

What an overreaction this is. The NRL force these guys to do press conferences and then fine them if they don’t like what they say.

Salmon probably sledged Sticky’s son about Sticky’s severely autistic daughter and Sticky being the devoted and protective father he is judged Salmon accordingly. Emma Stuart was probably on the sidelines watching and Salmon probably thought it amusing to tease the son about it.

12 year olds know what they’re doing, odds are this Salmon guy was a d-bag and probably still is.

I don’t agree with Sticky doing it in a press conference, but I also don’t have any sympathy for Salmon. I’m sad for Sticky that it still evokes such a reaction.

Fair amount of speculation here.

Ultimately the part that does not sit right with me is the power imbalance between Stuart and the player.

One has a free mic and can talk pretty freely as his mates will always protect him in the media (have a read of Hooper and his "take" on it). Another is a reserve grade footballer with a limited platform, far larger consequences / less media mates.

Look I have no idea what the beef was or if the reaction is justified but the sight of a seasoned coach having a pretty decent crack at a young fringe first grader does not sit right with me

I don't mind it, adds a bit of colour to the pressers
Imagine a fired up Dezzie getting stuck into grubs like JWH after his antics.
We would be lining up to pay Des's fine.

Bring it on ya weak bellied grubs

With the way pressers are so manipulated and controlled, why don't we just go the whole hog WWE with them. Bring in characters to talk smack on opposition, refs, whatever. Make it over the top with a touch a truth woven in. It could be hilarious and certainly more interesting to watch than the current cliche muzzled garbage.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8