Gosiewski 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Johns blows up every time a halfback gets tackled by a forward like its the crime of the century. Fair enough blowing up over late hits, but sometimes he carries on like halves should be a protected species.

Someone should show him a video of Tommy Bishop from the 1973 Grand Final, see if he still thinks halves should be protected.
Joey said nada when 2v had his head stomped on :mad:

If Andrew Johns had his way, anyone who tackles a halfback would cop the Les Boyd treatment (12 months). Especially if they were a representative half or one from whichever club he happened to be employed by.

I have a confession
Early on I was wondering about the hype about this bloke when we signed him from Souths.
Dominated when he ran the ball and his defence very average, missing key tackles and even a few spilled balls.
His performance out of position last night was Massive in relation to energy and guts....the try saver on Oates and 40m try just 2 of many features.
A few times caught shooting out of position to close down, but many only notice when this leads to tries, as there were 5-6 occasions he forced players back inside and closed the play down.
Not a Superstar, but big heart and gives all he has which deserves appreciation....every successful team needs a few blokes like this on smaller coin who dig in and play a big part in Premiership success

Great try and good defensively, other than running out of the line to take Darius Boyd-Bennett.

My only other complaint about his game last night was that in the play immediately before the first Donkeys try, Jetski pulled off a great tackle 8-10m out from our line on the left hand side of the field but then got off the tackled player WAY too quickly, giving Brisbane the momentum they needed to score in the next play.

That was one occasion the ruck should’ve been slowed down to give our line time to reset.

Every good thing is matched by an error.And almost always at crucial times.Just doesn’t have game awareness.Love his effort but the thought of Jack in a big semi or GF scares me.

Last edited:
I must admit it's been slow going getting warmed up to Jetski. He frustrates me as a player. He is eratic and he usually gets smashed bringing up the ball. Rushes out for the big hit. It's like he has got ADD. Against donkeys he proved what he is capable of. Much better performance. One thing for certain is that he has massive heart. Hopefully he can focus his energy with more control.

Think that young Haumole has slightly more upside then Jetski for a more permanent spot in a future run on or game day 17 Manly side but with his natural raw talent and ability and improved efforts this season , certainly hope that Jetski can still be retained in the longer term squad for Manly

I must admit it's been slow going getting warmed up to Jetski. He frustrates me as a player. He is eratic and he usually gets smashed bringing up the ball. Rushes out for the big hit. It's like he has got ADD. Against donkeys he proved what he is capable of. Much better performance. One thing for certain is that he has massive heart. Hopefully he can focus his energy with more control.
He has clearly improving under Hasler.

So Jetski's not named in NRL, or Canterbury Cup, not even a reserve and not on injuries list. Who knows...maybe he's being disciplined for one too many sin-binnings and/or shopped around before June 30 :wondering:
Hope Des is asked at the presser later about him MIA.

I know a current player, and he constantly tells me that all players from all teams are carrying niggling injuries. Maybe he is being rested

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8