Gosiewski 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Had plenty of wraps about his potential when Manly got him from Souths 2018.
He was touted as a big hitter in defence and an attacking weapon on the edges.
Yet to see a line break and only 1-2 good offloads....defence is reasonable but not overly rugged and misses a share.
Seems to get dominated a little in the contact with and without the ball.
Am I being harsh, or does he deserve a spot in the top 17 ??
Maybe I am missing something in his performances or maybe, he is simply a better option than other depth ?

Average player with errors in his game who tries hard but with no real game awareness.
Highlights our problem at the moment. Outside of top 17 we have plenty of triers but no real talent in the forwards.
Marty and AFB will be carrying the load again and there is no escaping the fact that when they go off we leak like a sieve, especially now the two first grade standard backups are gone for a while.
Will take Des two or three years to put some depth in our roster.

Keep hearing the term “ he’s a depth player” in relation to our fringe players.The issue is that the top sides have depth players who are first grade standard when given an opportunity.No use having 17 top line first graders and 13 off the pace. These guys need to be able to play or have the potential in the future to play at a certain standard when called on. We have five or six who arent good enough.Building a roster is just as important as coaching that roster.We have solved one problem( the coach) The other problem will be harder and take longer to fix.

Last edited:
Average player with errors in his game who tries hard but with no real game awareness.
Highlights our problem at the moment. Outside of top 17 we have plenty of triers but no real talent in the forwards.
Marty and AFB will be carrying the load again and there is no escaping the fact that when they go off we leak like a sieve, especially now the two first grade standard backups are gone for a while.
Will take Des two or three years to put some depth in our roster.

Keep hearing the term “ he’s a depth player” in relation to our fringe players.The issue is that the top sides have depth players who are first grade standard when given an opportunity.No use having 17 top line first graders and 13 off the pace. These guys need to be able to play or have the potential in the future to play at a certain standard when called on. We have five or six who arent good enough.Building a roster is just as important as coaching that roster.We have solved one problem( the coach) The other problem will be harder and take longer to fix.
Matt Ballin said to a friend of mine last week and I quote ‘give us 3 years’

I was hopeful that he would be a good signing. He didn't do much last season to justify that hope. He can only improve I suppose, but at the moment I'd have Frankenstein ahead of him. How'd Waddell go last night ?? probably better investing time and energy in him too ahead of Jetski

Jesus, that's what I'm trying to tell everyone, but apparently that's negative. We are rebuilding.
Yes. Rebuilding a Centre of Excellence.
As for rebuilding our fan base and on-field performances I'm not so sure.

Matt Ballin said to a friend of mine last week and I quote ‘give us 3 years’

71AC8B37-0135-4FA7-A389-E0B1DEED3CBE.jpeg

As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden.

The difference between his best and worst is too great. He needs to work on a lot of things... mostly consistency.
If you look at his instagram he needs to work on curbing the social life a bit and dedicating himself to being a good footballer rather than one with potential.
Oh God, I'm finally sounding my age.

Yet to see a line break?? He had one last night and set up a try, and i can think of atleast 3 late last yr in mininal time on the field. He's in my 17 for sure but needs to get the little errors out of his game.
Seen the break against Sharks reserves, but only seen 1 break vs Tigers 2019, so may have been pouring a drink on the others.
Was also rated a big hitter in defence, but lost most contacts in games I seen.
Anyways, seems will get plenty of opportunities in 2019 so hopefully will have a good season.
He looked enthusiastic Saturday which is a positive sign.

Would be good if Jetski can have a better run with injuries and use his considerable natural ability for better on field involvement . Just simple things really but especially his tackling technique and his good pace can be used for better effect also i am sure if he can just get a i st grade playing mentality with some good coaching guidance also into the mix . Another one of those players with real potential in the current squad who just has to lift a bit to establish them self better .

Agree 100% with the 3 years.

We should do better this year.

And then I expect a bit of cleanout, and an even better year in 2020 WHICH then means we’d be more attractive to better fringe players.

At best 2021 is where we could taste success.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8